• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2082 Season Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Move on through. Nothing to see here. No advantage gained. I mean I lost a year of service....

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well the glitch has been fixed so we can move on. The type of contract that would necessitate releasing a guy to FA doesn't really exist because no player would even accept it, and I now have 16M more on the books the next two years, and probably another 8M more the following year. (Even though the Yama contract was totally legal and very cool)

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean, Torkel's just hit their 1 year and they are at $4m and $7.5m. I may save money in years 6&7 (possibly 5), but I'd likely lose a decent amount of money years 1-3.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Can we turn those stupid scouting discoveries off while we're at it. I mean, what's the fun in winning when Otto did all the hard work for you anyway?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I mean I will genuinely be over the moon if I reach the playoffs this season. No tanking, no fuckery, no resources, limited budget.... FUCK YEAH!!!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Woah Hayvis, we haven’t even figured out how to fix the last brokebutt IFA change you guys pushed for.

Isn't there an on off switch for scouting discoveries? aren't there quite a few players that want this shit turned off? I mean it's far worse than Tankee's shit contracts as a game killer.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Fuck IFA all it does, like scouting discoveries is hand the game over to the roulette wheel.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
People think IFA is broken because we can no longer spend 20M on one prospect

It’s broken because it is capped, and the IFA will always pick the best team (using biggest fan score or market recent success or something) when they get maximum offers. So Seoul has the biggest advantage in IFA, followed by Las Vegas probably, Buffalo, etc.

If the goal was to give the best teams the biggest advantage, then the IFA cap isn’t broken.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
We'll have to get rid of FA and have a fantasy draft of all the players in order to remove all randomness

The draft and FA are in no way on the same level as discoveries and IFA. You can apply method. I mean the game has an element of chance but there is no method or skill in IFA or discoveries. They are pure fuckery.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
It’s broken because it is capped, and the IFA will always pick the best team (using biggest fan score or market recent success or something) when they get maximum offers. So Seoul has the biggest advantage in IFA, followed by Las Vegas probably, Buffalo, etc.

If the goal was to give the best teams the biggest advantage, then the IFA cap isn’t broken.

I agree with this. It's been a small sample size, but I'm 2/2 in getting guys I've thrown the max at. @doh is probably similar. I don't know how exactly it's done, but there is definitely some 'team reputation' equation that gets used to break ties on these guys.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yeah - let's just hope for or give ourselves scouting discoveries, get big budgets, throw dodgy contracts around and bid shit loads on as many IFAs as possible. I don't mind as I see the playoffs as the winning mark for me, but you lot just want to win without trying. @Mr. Radpants - you're deluding yourself if you don't think this game is fucked.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The point is that if small teams budget correctly they can have additional access to prospects as well as forcing larger budget teams to allocate money towards prospects lest they fall further behind. The main problem with the cap is it limits spending on all fronts, whereas the old system had the issue of splitting it up by years.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yeah - let's just hope for or give ourselves scouting discoveries, get big budgets, throw dodgy contracts around and bid shit loads on as many IFAs as possible. I don't mind as I see the playoffs as the winning mark for me, but you lot just want to win without trying. @Mr. Radpants - you're deluding yourself if you don't think this game is fucked.

Throwing rules at the wall just makes things worse, like you and NML last time around. I’m all for change if we have full discussions around this stuff and make educated decisions.

BUT this is already a pretty good league.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
True, but also the NFL is a real organization for the sport of football in real life and we are a bunch of whiney nerds arguing about fake a baseball league on a dead football forum.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Then GOLDY BITCH's ghost would come to haunt us all

9Ns9.gif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm not demanding we get rid of these things, but to me it would make the league better to me.. IFA and discoveries are extremely shitly done. There is no method or skill thus resulting in an unfair advantage for someone who gets lucky. I might want to keep it if it didn't seem like an afterthought. The really shitty thing is that these two things dominate our league.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Why do you care if discoveries are addressed?

Why don’t you want IFA market addressed? Because you are number 2/3 in the new IFA order?

Soonerfan09

Why do you care if discoveries are addressed?

Why don’t you want IFA market addressed? Because you are number 2/3 in the new IFA order?
There is nothing wrong with scouting discoveries and never have been. Learn to deal with things not going your way.
I said I will quit if IFA is SIGNIFICANTLY overhauled. I'm fine with what we have now and what we had before. I'm not ok with gutting it completely because you'll can't manage a budget.
I'm open to change, but I'm tired of changing things that aren't broken just to appease the one person who is constantly bitching about everything.