• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

year 9 week 2

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I'm moving back to the 4-3 after this game. I swapped to the 3-4 to better defend the A gap with a 0 tech, but that obviously doesn't work.

Walter323

Gg
Really sucks you had disk problems. The first attempt was looking to be a tight one. 2nd try my guys came out hot and yours didn't

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Lol. My disc was unreadable when I went back to the main menu. Lasted just long enough to get my ass kicked.

Thanks for restarting. Good luck on the season

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Tried 4-2-5 and got gouged with passes. I'm assuming the 3-3-5 would be similar.

I generally run a 4-2-5, in part because of the balanced look I can get running zone defense. However, that all goes to shit if you're facing someone running unbalanced formations. 3x1 and twin TE formations just cause 4-2-5 all sorts of problem in the game because of the alignment problems. The game just has no idea how to adjust to unbalanced formations in 4-2-5 (or 3-3-5). 4-2-5 is a great defense in real life but with the flaws in the programming in game, you cannot rely on it.

I have two custom defensive playbooks, a Multiple Even and a Multiple Odd. The Even is 4-2-5 based, but with both 46 Bear (to stop interior run) and base Nickel to audible to just in case someone lines up in unbalanced sets. The Multiple Odd one is 3-3-5 with 3-4 and Nickel 3-3-5. I don't really like custom defensive playbooks because it is impossible to get the order right but it almost becomes necessary.

I'm running Multiple Even this year, in part because I have 2 linebackers on my team that are any good (the rest are sub-70 OVR). I've started to think about going to a 3-4 with DEs at the OLB spots though, creating a 5-2 defense. In part because I have some decent DL depth and one of my DEs appears to have been a converted LB at 88 SPD.