• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

year 9 week 2

Walter323

What level do you coach? Assuming HS? What scheme do y'all run?
Coach 7th grade. Help with varsity when time permits.
We run a 3-5 base but have a bunch of different looks depending on the other team
Offense moved to the pistol this week. Finally starting our stud sophomore at qb and moving the junior to wr

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Coach 7th grade. Help with varsity when time permits.
We run a 3-5 base but have a bunch of different looks depending on the other team
Offense moved to the pistol this week. Finally starting our stud sophomore at qb and moving the junior to wr

Nice. Are y'all an option team or pro style?

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Finally a game, I get to see what these guys are made of. Decided I would roll with an overloaded playbook in Game 1 just to see what my guys can and can't do and then go process of elimination on what I can and can't run. Really worried about my depth, only having 3 WR you can trust and not much depth anywhere else is rough.

I want to be able to pass considering this QB has a rocket arm but not sure how much I can throw without risking stamina/injury issues with my thin WR corps. Also a bit worried about how well I can run out of Pistol, even with the better QB/HB athlete at HB, he isn't THAT athletic and has zero juke skills.

Guess we will see, excited to get going. I suppose I also have to field a defense, but who cares about defense. I'm just going to put 11 guys out there and stand in the offense's way long enough to slow them down.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Guess we will see, excited to get going. I suppose I also have to field a defense, but who cares about defense. I'm just going to put 11 guys out there and stand in the offense's way long enough to slow them down.

8y5ABu4_zps2oayqwvk.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
My defense was dominant tonight, though. 0 offensive points until like 3-4 minutes left in the game.

Akecheta

Yeah, I couldn't run, couldn't throw from the pocket or rolling out. Did exactly jack shit with your 3 turnovers. Held the ball for 14 mins and did absolutely nothing.

Defense looked a little better in the first half but he second half I got lit up like a JR High squad. Not sure what happened there, If I'm happy about anything you didn't run for 100 yards on me lol I shall ignore the 400 throwing and going 31 of 38.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Pissed about the turnovers, those were some of the stupidest throws I've ever made. No reason to throw the ball.

Akecheta

I dropped a couple others I thought I would have. I didn't give up my customary 6 picks which frankly I made enough bad throws to give em up. Some how I'll figure out what yall do on defense that makes every receiver look covered while also getting pressure without blitzing regardless of how many WR/TE/Rbs I have out there.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska wins their first game under Head Coach Tom Osborne 49-20 over Houston. The Huskers compiled 527 yards while holding the Cougars to just 258 in the win despite some sloppy play. The Huskers got huge contributions from quarterback turned tailback Herb Poland and receiver Will holt in the win.

Poland was a dynamic threat in the game, running 18 times for 114 yards and 2 TD, catching 5 passes for 104 yards and a TD and completing all 4 attempted passes for 30 yards and 2 TD. 248 all purpose yards and 5 all purpose scores for the Senior.

RS Freshman QB Seth Mack had his moments, completing 11 of 22 for 201 yards, 2 TD and an INT but struggled quite a bit as the game went on before being replaced by backup James Walker, who completed all 5 of his attempted passes for 30 yards.

6'6" Junior receiver Will Holt was a beast outside, catching 4 passes for 77 yards and a TD and adding 47 rushing yards.

The Husker defense was good, keeping Houston off the field most of the game and forcing two fumbles on two sacks.

In total, 527 yards of offense. 36 rushes for 262, 3 TD and 20 of 31 for 265 and 4 TD. Converted all 5 redzone trips into touchdowns. 2 bad turnovers in the game, both by the Freshman QB. Nebraska held the ball nearly 20 minutes of the game.

Nebraska gets the honor of facing a pissed off Arkansas squad that lost to open the season next week in Lincoln.

Last edited:

SandS2910

Green. Man, I need to start playing defense! Here are a few offensive stats:

Jacob Harrison
14 for 21, 313 yards 4 TD's 0 picks
20 carries for 102 yards 4 TD'S

Ben Allen
21 carries for 233 yards 1 TD
2 rec's 109 yards 2 TD'S

bluejay13

@NavyHog watching the huskers now but GG! You baited me twice and should have 2 user picks instead of 1. Nice call on the screen too! Fun stuff! My defense was able to keep me in that game and your defense is a fucking swarm. I had small creases close in a second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
@NavyHog watching the huskers now but GG! You baited me twice and should have 2 user picks instead of 1. Nice call on the screen too! Fun stuff! My defense was able to keep me in that game and your defense is a fucking swarm. I had small creases close in a second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GG....I just knew the 3 short FGs I kicked after being stoned inside the 10 was going to cost me. You just never know how the AI is going to react. You're right in the way you described my D like a swarm. My LBs can all really run, but they were blown off the ball at UGA. I know HFA is turned off, but it still matters in this game and my D was up to the task.

Must win if I have any illusions for winning the division. This is probably the toughest user schedule/division I've ever been a part of.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
GG....I just knew the 3 short FGs I kicked after being stoned inside the 10 was going to cost me. You just never know how the AI is going to react. You're right in the way you described my D like a swarm. My LBs can all really run, but they were blown off the ball at UGA. I know HFA is turned off, but it still matters in this game and my D was up to the task.

Must win if I have any illusions for winning the division. This is probably the toughest user schedule/division I've ever been a part of.

I can see the story line now... a struggling and inconsistent Arkansas storms into Lincoln pissed off and looking to destroy an undermanned Husker team.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I can see the story line now... a struggling and inconsistent Arkansas storms into Lincoln pissed off and looking to destroy an undermanned Husker team.

Destroy yeah right.

Will be very surprised if it's more than 7 pt game either way.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Destroy yeah right.

Will be very surprised if it's more than 7 pt game either way.

My defense is awful. And I mean... awful.

My offense may be able to put up some points, but the lack of depth is an issue. There were a few drives in my CPU game I was playing 60-70 OVR players because of fatigue. Without having looked at your team yet, I'm guessing your guys are far more athletic than mine. Going to be tough to run with you.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Downloading the digital download now. 6.7 GB. Since it was a tie, it may be worth just starting from scratch. Not sure how long this DL will take.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Digital copy will prevent issues with future games. Let's just pray the disc can get through tonight.