• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Year 9 Bowl Week

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
WTF, I thought Toledo was going to lose and I was going to play for the NC

a bigger WTF is Cameron McGrew not winning the heisman, he outran the heisman winnder by 1,000yds!

Walter323

WTF, I thought Toledo was going to lose and I was going to play for the NC

a bigger WTF is Cameron McGrew not winning the heisman, he outran the heisman winnder by 1,000yds!

jackson got mcGrew on recieving yards by 200..........
heisman frontrunner from preseason until just before awards, never dropped a spot. Hopefully he got in trouble and that ruins his draft eligibility and can come back for another shot at it. in talking with McGrew he is a little salty over it, "Looks like I will have to break the 3000 yard mark in the bowl game vs Alabama". He also noted that Baylor's weak ass schedule should have came in to the mix but also takes some of the blame. "If i would have played better vs Ohio State and made it to the CC game I would have been able to show everybody who the best player was. He got an extra game of exposure because of it.
I promise you one thing. A lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season. You will never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season."

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska beats LSU to win the Gator Bowl 21-16. The Huskers put up 437 yards in the game but turned it over 3 times, twice in the red zone. NU ran 51 times for 227 yards and 3 TD and threw 16 of 25 for 210 yards and 0 TD. 10 of 15 on 3rd down and 2 of 2 on 4th down.

James Walker threw 15 of 22 for 202 and 2 INT, Seth Mack threw 1 of 3 for 8 yards. Walker added 11 rushes for 50 yards and a TD and Mack 5 for 18 and a TD. TE Thomas McBride embraced his new role as a FB running 15 times for 78 yards and catching 5 passes for 49 yards, leading the team in both rushing and receiving. HB Herbert Poland ran 10 times for just 32 yards and a TD in his final game at Nebraska.

NU utilized some new option looks on offense in this game in preparation for next season, but most of the under center stuff was garbage. I few good plays to the TE/FB but that's it. LSU was in a weird defense, it was 3-4 but with guys all over the place. Was making reads hard but that was also just tough to run in general.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I couldn't even run under center triple option against CPU LSU because of the speed advantage. I'm going to scrap that idea.

The interesting thing was as soon as a lined up in legit triple option formations, like double wing, I was able to move the ball 3-6 yards per clip. But by then, I was down 20 and trying stuff out like it was a lab session.

Back to pro style since @Walter323 was able to kill me with it. And round and around we go...

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
The interesting thing was as soon as a lined up in legit triple option formations, like double wing, I was able to move the ball 3-6 yards per clip. But by then, I was down 20 and trying stuff out like it was a lab session.

Back to pro style since @Walter323 was able to kill me with it. And round and around we go...

I spent most of the game in double wing and had big gains running the FB but any time I actually ran option I get destroyed. The angles were weird and the overhang defender was in my face before I could get a pitch off. The few times I did get to the perimeter LBs were flying at me like they had rockets attached.

I'm probably going to stick with option, just Pistol/Gun option. I have a few personnel tricks up my sleeve this upcoming season to maybe help things out a bit.