• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Worldtopia Baseball League History Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
2046 League File
2046 Almanac
2047 Almanac
2048 Almanac

A place to put stories you want to keep as well as other notable milestones or achievements. After a while it will be cool to take a walk down memory lane.

fQ96kGm.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Do you happen to have all the championship winners from 2013 somewhere?

If not the story in my dynasty is that this league was formed from various regional leagues (including the UBL) and some other stuff

Gooksta

Are the game logs to last year's championship series available? I might be biased but the 7 game series was pretty epic

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm going to begin to try and expand on the lore of how the league came to be, mostly on my own blog but I'll post any relevant stuff in this thread. Since it's all our league I'll happily take any advice/input/criticism.

But my basic idea (that Wendell's dynasty touches upon a little bit with references to Key West) is that the UBL continued on, and it's growing worldwide popularity spawned a bunch of regional leagues across the world, until the WBL formed in 2033, handpicking 16 teams to create an innovative new league (While other teams fell into obscurity such as those in Italy, Spain, France, Portugal, China, and Japan, for example). Right now all I have is the Mediterranean Premier League, which spawned Istanbul, Cairo pending Figs' approval, and two of my minor league teams (Casabalanca Time and Ankara Trojans). P

resumably this idea could spread to other regional leagues like an All-Europe league, A North American UBL shootoff, etc etc. Let me know what you guys think, I like writing lore like this and it keeps me interested if my team will suck for all eternity. I love the idea of some current WBL teams (again depending on which owners would even want to have a history this long, I know some others would like to be 'brand new') having long histories even before the WBL.

Also I need to play more single player where I can timeskip-tank.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I like the sound of that.

Also a couple of other things

1) If ur team isn't one of the original founding 16 WBL teams (Depending on if you just 'moved' your team or if you actually are a new franchise (Kabul, Baton Rogue, I think)), I can still write about ur team if you wish to have history in one of these prior leagues. So maybe you were playing in smaller leagues until you joined the WBL

2) I can also do multiple leagues over time. e.g. If you wanted to be part of a really regional league for years X to Y and then bigger one after that, so say if I wanted to make the Ottomans part of the regional Caucaus league from 2014 to 2024 and then they join the MPB.

3) If you want ur team to be brand new to the WBL that's also doable. I can even have another team from your city to add some historical rivalries or some local resentment that one team got in the WBL and the other didn't. Last thing I want to do is step on anyone's toes which is why I'm asking everyone's permission to write some lore about their teams or not. Worst case scenario my team (and Orlando's) are the only ones that actually existed before 2033, but I'd be cool with that.

4) If you want ur actual manager 'character' to have managed somewhere else in the past, let me know. For me my 'character' is the Nephew of Tank E. Cane of Raleigh, and I may eventually add him to another team. Also if you played in the UBL, are you the same manager? If not, when did ur current 'character' start managing? It would be interesting to see, for example, if COUmmish is the same guy from Oklahoma or a Dutch version, and if not, what each one did during the years between leagues.

5) I hope to eventually use this to persuade OU to add more nationalities for player gen. Or at least, justifying why some big nations (Spain, Portugal, France, Greece[ew]) don't produce very many baseball players while others (St. Kitts, Chile) do.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
St kitts gens like .05% iirc haha.

Draft only gens players from big countries but i put like 40% from USA because of names. A few hacktanirs are cool, 45 and you dont know who is who.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Can be the same Orlando from Madison. There are a lot of Scandinavians in that area of the US anyway.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
St kitts gens like .05% iirc haha.

Draft only gens players from big countries but i put like 40% from USA because of names. A few hacktanirs are cool, 45 and you dont know who is who.

Yea I gotcha, I just always wondered why Kitts seems to produce so many good players.

Gook: Same corch from the UBL? Your club is a little different because of Key West's baseball history, but maybe I can sync it up with Dawg according to Pedro's submarine accident or some other event like a hypothetical UBL folding or something. (Or your club could've just came into existence in harmony with the Parrotheads) I'll think about it. Could also do an all-Caribbean league because of KW's location.

Orlando: How viking do you want to get? Sweden and Norway? +Denmark? +Finland? + Iceland? +The Baltics? I can work with all. Also do you want your minors teams to be former Viking League teams or seperately formed entities (perhaps even always part of your team?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yes to all that. I like the idea of the minor league teams being old Viking league teams.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Put me in the Viking league. Sort of like a Amsterdam:Viking league::Welsh:EPL type situation. They hate us and we hate them (I think there is some animosity going on with those teams, maybe not), except all my players secretly love Sweden and flee via trades and sign for cheap to stay forever.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Actually fits well because it helps explain Amsterdam having their AA team in Copenhagen. Will add. Probably do two teams in Copenhagen and Stockholm just because of their pure size. Also want to do a Latvian club for Vajorov or whoever that Key West guy was' sake.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Helsingborg absorbs the Copehagen and Malmo markets.

The Alchemist is from Aruba too.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I may end up adding all the leagues onto the same file and seeing how players move between leagues, once I figure out which teams will go where and stuff. RIP my processor if I try it though.

10zblg8.png

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I actually have an imgur, but we're on a running streak of 2 things you can't see at work today so I'll keep that going for now.

The text version:

Atlantic Division:
Amsterdam Tulips (NED)
Copenhagen Jazz (DEN)
Helsinborg Hammers (SWE)
Kopavogur Seals (ISL)
Kristiansand Lions (NOR)
Oslo Otters (NOR)
Torshavn Terror (FRO)
Skane Glory (DEN)

Baltic Division:
Helsinki Coyotes (FIN)
Malmo Bonecrushers (SWE)
Pori Grizzlies (FIN)
Riga Red Dragons (LVA)
Rovaniemi Hawkeyes (FIN)
Stockholm Calypso (SWE)
Talinn Arrows (EST)
Tromso Firewalkers (NOR)

Was originally considering adding Northern German teams as well but decided to stay true to the Vikings+Amsterdam roots and will add those other teams in a pan European league most likely depending on what Rad, Rutgers Mike, and Dawg have to say. Dublin could also fit in a UK+Ireland only league, and Moscow has a lot of different options (former soviet states league as well) so we'll see how long that one stretches. After that I'll tackle the South American and Asian leagues. Definitely want to do it all in one save if possible but who knows if my computer can handle that.

Last edited:

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Doodlebork, this is great stuff. I like the former soviet states idea a ton. Need to do some research on my current farm squads and then change them up to former soviet states. Triple AAA club has got to be Ukrainian. I need a Siberian team in Single A. Double AA in Mongolia?

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Just to make my brain less fried about the schedule logistics of a World Baseball League, I am assuming cheap supersonic travel in the 2040s. Moscow to Buenos Aires needs to happen in a couple hours.

I guess further in my mind, it was the advent of cheap supersonic flight that made the WBL possible.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Rough Draft of what the Pan-American (but not US) League will look like, without nicknames (I pretty much wait for the random gen to do those and then fix what looks really dumb :laughing:). @osick87, What do you want to do with Buenos Aires and their affiliates? Throw them in or leave them as a seperate entity? Is Panama City a defunct team or just your team moved?

Liga Norte

Taco Division:
Mexico City
Tijuana
Cancun
Guatemala
Belize City

Central Division:
San Jose
San Pedro Sula
Salvador
Panama City*
Havana

Caribe Division:
Sugar City (St. Kitts)
San Juan
Santo Domingo
Port-Au-Prince
Kingston

Liga da Sur

Gran Colombia Division:
Caracas
Barranquila
Quito
Medellin
Oranjestad

Division Pacifico:
Santiago Reyes
La Paz
Valparaiso
Lima
Quito

Division Atlantico:
Sao Paulo Saints
Buenos Aires Gauchos*
Rio
Fortaleza
Montevideo

May end up just going to 40 since there are a lot of missed cities there and the sheer size of the league but I'll tackle that later

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
TLDR I'm writing some lore to explain why there's a 19 year gap between the WBL and the present day, so basically my question for you is do you want Buenos Aires to be a team that existed in the past or one that is new to the WBL? Going to do this with everyone. Then I'll load all the leagues into one save and see how things go. If you don't want to participate let me know and I'll just add a different team.

Next gotta see what I'm going to do with Africa, if it'll be a smaller regional league or the entire continent other than the northern ones. Asia will probably be split in two/three but not positive. Dawg will get back to me on the CIS league, which leaves Pan-Europe (Rad, Mike) and the USA (A bunch)

Lloyd Carr

I don't know much about Bangkok or Boston, so I don't know how Buffalo ties into it. If you can somehow get Buffalo into it, I'd pay attention.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Even if I'd left I'd do this, because I get to play singleplayer. But alright I'll see how it goes.

Lloyd basically the one question for you would be Is Buffalo a new team or is it a relocated team? Either way I can add it in when I get to the US leagues really but just helps for more immersion

Lloyd Carr

I'd say it is a relocated team. Bangkok goes back to 2033 (at least according to the WBL), and then was moved to Boston before I took over.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Okay well then the story I would go with pending your approval would be that Buffalo (and Boston) used to be part of the post-UBL US league and when you relocated you decided to pick back up the old history of the team?

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Bangkok's stadium was partially damaged due to a tsunami forcing them to move shortly after their large shipment of new "B" caps just arrived. The damages forced the team into bankruptcy and forced to move to any city who would build them a free stadium and offer corporate tax breaks. The ownership chose boston to be cheap and not buy new hats.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Okay well then the story I would go with pending your approval would be that Buffalo (and Boston) used to be part of the post-UBL US league and when you relocated you decided to pick back up the old history of the team?

billionaire owner of... who did gook own again in the UBL? anyway billionaire owner moved to Thailand after the UBL collapse and joined the asian league with bangkok before going broke shortly after 2033. Diego bought the team and moved them into the continental US during the WBL years but was convicted of murdering his longtime butler Larry. New owner from buffalo bought the team and moved them from Boston, hiring LC to run them into the ground

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The other thing I could do is a Commonwealth/Ex-British Empire League with @jdlikewhoa False Bay, @Mr. Radpants Dublin, and @NML Australia/New Zealand, but I think Africa and Southeast Asia/Oceania works better. If you guys want to go for it I can do it though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Bangkok's stadium was partially damaged due to a tsunami forcing them to move shortly after their large shipment of new "B" caps just arrived. The damages forced the team into bankruptcy and forced to move to any city who would build them a free stadium and offer corporate tax breaks. The ownership chose boston to be cheap and not buy new hats.

Basically this.