• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 2 - Year 4

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
@NavyHog I can play anytime today

My GT, along with my sons, was suspended until April 4th. I had received a couple E-Mails about "suspicious log-in" attempts on my account (which I ignored). Long story short I have no idea what the hell is going on. I am trying to resolve it through Microsoft support, but I have little faith that Raj in New Delhi, India can do anything about it. This really sucks, but go ahead and play the CPU.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Huskers hold on to defeat the Georgia Bulldogs 31-24. It was a tough battle but Nebraska managed to escape with a win thanks to a late INT and some (un)timely Georgia drops.

The Huskers put up 408 yards, running 33 times for 178 yards and a TD and throwing 15 of 26 for 230 yards and 3 TD. Nebraska had two turnovers, both of which were returned for scores in the game (one was called back for a penalty but UGA scored the following play). It was looking a little dicey early for Nebraska thanks to those turnovers but a FG before half pulled Nebraska to within 4 and the Huskers took the lead on the opening drive of the second half. Georgia had a long drive hoping to retake the lead, but had to settle for a field goal to tie it. Nebraska scored a TD early in the 4th but Georgia could not score on its two 4th quarter drives.

It wasn't a pretty game for the Huskers, but it ended up okay. Johnny Stanton was solid, throwing 15 of 26 for 230 yards, 3 TD and an INT. De'Mornay Pierson-El managed to grind out 112 yards rushing on 23 carries, scoring a TD and fumbling for a UGA TD. DPE was a threat in the passing game though, catching 2 passes for 21 yards and 2 TD including the game winner. Being a converted WR makes him a fairly dynamic receiving threat out of the backfield.

On the other side, Georgia's Isaiah McKenzie is going to have nightmares about this game. The 6'4" speedster repeatedly got himself open with his track speed, but he dropped 4 passes in the game, many of them on diving attempts on deep balls. As it is he did catch 5 passes for 120 yards and a TD but UGA fans will be wondering what could have been if even one of those deep balls landed gracefully in McKenzie's hands.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
@TXHusker05

I have an alternate GT to play with in the BSCFL, but I'm not sure if I will use it here. If I switch I lose my XP and I dread the thought of going from 15 to 0. I also will be on vacation for a few days in April, combine that with my 0-2 start and my season is kind of shot anyway. I will keep recruiting though.

LEGEND

@TXHusker05.,

Are we going to do something to level recruiting for the guys like myself... Who don't get the full recruiting points etc?

We can only give 500 max while others 700 plus the other pts we don't get.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
@TXHusker05.,

Are we going to do something to level recruiting for the guys like myself... Who don't get the full recruiting points etc?

One alternative would be to remove the scholarship restriction and allow you to sign 25 each year. With the theory that if you sign that many "blindly" (unable to fully scout) that at least 15 would be "keepers".

Walter323

One alternative would be to remove the scholarship restriction and allow you to sign 25 each year. With the theory that if you sign that many "blindly" (unable to fully scout) that at least 15 would be "keepers".

Sounds fair, or at least better than nothing

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@TXHusker05

I have an alternate GT to play with in the BSCFL, but I'm not sure if I will use it here. If I switch I lose my XP and I dread the thought of going from 15 to 0. I also will be on vacation for a few days in April, combine that with my 0-2 start and my season is kind of shot anyway. I will keep recruiting though.

Just let me know if I need to invite your other gamer tag, although I agree, not sure I would want to risk losing XP.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@TXHusker05.,

Legend let's see what happens if/when @ncaafan323 rejoins. If it doesn't work for him this time, we won't even bother trying to get you XP. If it does, I'll have you leave during a BYE or a CPU week and have it fixed.

In the mean time, Navy's idea is good. Go ahead and recruit as many guys as you can. If you just skip the scouting, put all your points to recruiting and go for bulk and see what shakes out you probably end up with a decent class. I'm not sure what other things we can do for you, usually the upgrades eventually come but it hasn't worked so far.