• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 2 Thread presented by Mike Leach Gifs

bruin

Run defense is still pretty trash, but Chosen and JEDD are making it happen. Been scared af about this Memphis game for months. 9AM kickoff doesn't help, as does being without your top two safeties, two LB's and DT.

Norvell knows the Bruins too. Scared af.

worst2first

I can't imagine too many coaches have plays ready for 3rd and goal from your own 7.

I can hear every coach I ever played for shouting, "Fall on the ball! Don't try to pick it up!"

The Longhorns trampled the best team in college football, Choklahoma pounded the Buckholes, the UTSA Roadrunners (best mascot in all of college football?) knocked off the Waco Fight'in Baptists, and the crazy pirate's kitties slipped past the blue bronies. The outcome of week 2 pleaseth me sayeth Worst.

Bdub

Utah drops in the coaches poll after beating BYU. I wish we could just end the rivalry already. BYU sucks and Utah gets nothing for beating them.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Wish we would change qbs ala usc. We have 3 highly recruited guys riding pine behind a now terrible qb. I don't anticipate it happening doe. :dunno:

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Wish we would change qbs ala usc. We have 3 highly recruited guys riding pine behind a now terrible qb. I don't anticipate it happening doe. :dunno:
Welcome to life under urbz with his players. Enjoy the arrests and running off the actual good QBs to play the highly rated shitty guys.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Maybe if OSU's offensive line didn't spend all last year getting Barrett killed, he'd still be good. Or if his skill players lived up to their recruiting expectations.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Skill players are pretty awesome. I was at the game last night. Wrs running open. Rbs dominating when actually given carries. The problem was jt.

I mean, I'm not bitching. Urbs has been great and if your coach isn't named saban you would take him in a heartbeat for your team. Just interesting to watch how this develops.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Then again, OU has had one elite CROOTIN class lately and it was 2017. Their previous ones were good to pretty good. Lee Morris is a walk-on and caught a TD pass and Sermon is a true frosh and played really well.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Skill players are pretty awesome. I was at the game last night. Wrs running open. Rbs dominating when actually given carries. The problem was jt.

I mean, I'm not bitching. Urbs has been great and if your coach isn't named saban you would take him in a heartbeat for your team. Just interesting to watch how this develops.

So they've improved from last year? Because last year all OSU had on offense was Barrett and Samuel. Weber was/is just a guy, and the WRs provided no help. OSU had to ride or die with Barrett.

If the OL and skill players have truly improved - and Dobbins looks like an upgrade to Weber already :emo: - then why isn't Meyer going with someone else? They have 3 gimmes in the next 3 games, and then they play Maryland. Why not start and groom another guy?

By the way, I think the answer is that Barrett is the best QB at Ohio State right now. He's also a 3.5 year starter with a 27-5 record. He's not getting benched.

Skeeter

Uber felon
So they've improved from last year? Because last year all OSU had on offense was Barrett and Samuel. Weber was/is just a guy, and the WRs provided no help. OSU had to ride or die with Barrett.

If the OL and skill players have truly improved - and Dobbins looks like an upgrade to Weber already :emo: - then why isn't Meyer going with someone else? They have 3 gimmes in the next 3 games, and then they play Maryland. Why not start and groom another guy?

By the way, I think the answer is that Barrett is the best QB at Ohio State right now. He's also a 3.5 year starter with a 27-5 record. He's not getting benched.
That's the million dollar question. I think jt has regressed and his shortcomings have been masked by Superior athletes.

Ol definitely looks better. I watched the wrs getting open and it was late or inaccurate if he even saw them. He struggles to complete passes over 10 yards which allows the defense to pack it all in.

If he truly is the best qb then we are in big trouble for the future.

My guess is Meyer refuses to switch out of some misplaced loyalty, but of course I have no idea what practice looks like.

Brick

Brandon Harris, formerly another in the line of 15 straight terrible LSU QBs, came into the North Carolina game against Louisville and I swear Greg McElroy was erect over the ARM TALENT. He was talking about how if you put him on an NFL team you "wouldn't be able to tell the difference" between him and the other players throwing in practice. EXACTLY! He and Pasch were like: "this day could be some redemption for his career". They will never stop believing these NASHNUL warm, tall bodies, will someday actually figure it out, you know, how to complete passes in an actual game. They're all trogs. Brandon Harris went 7/16 for 60 yards and 2 interceptions in a Larry Fedora offense, which is basically idiot proof, before he got pulled in the season opener against Cal. This is a fifth year senior.

coogrfan

This stuff is so, so bizarre. This is AFTER the game:

He went 19/41 (46.3%) for 252 yards (6.1 YPA) and a 3/4 ratio. Those are bad numbers against any team. Oregon isn't Alabama.

I saw Tanner Lee lead Tulane to a win over my Coogs in '14. He was...ok.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Mason Rudolph threw 4 picks too...on 448 attempts last year.
SyStTem Qu4RttERBaCK

Dude has gone like 175 passes or something without a pick, with a substantial # of throws on deep vertical passes. NASHNUL

Brick

This stuff is so, so bizarre. This is AFTER the game:

He went 19/41 (46.3%) for 252 yards (6.1 YPA) and a 3/4 ratio. Those are bad numbers against any team. Oregon isn't Alabama.
f2338340e18c320cb43620e1d3af596b.jpg
a69fd783822eb53a10909185712dc582.gif