• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 11 - Year 3

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Advanced to Week 11! Next advance Monday evening or when everyone has finished.

@TXHusker05 (Nebraska) at @bluejay13 (Tennessee)
@NavyHog (Arkansas) at @Walter323 (Georgia)
@Flanntastic (Ohio State) at @ArmyVol (UCLA)

@ncaafan323 (Oregon) at @Wpotty (Florida State) (If @ncaafan323 switches teams this week, obviously @Wpotty will have a CPU game)

@LEGEND (Penn State) at Rutgers

@TotalDoubt (Auburn) BYE
@RamesuThe1 (TCU) BYE

@ncaafan323 once you reset any playbooks or formation subs at Oregon, you're free to leave and come back as LSU or Alabama. You would not have a user game this week at either of those schools so this is probably a good time to leave and come back if you want to do it. Otherwise I might have you wait until the end of the season just to make sure nothing gets messed up for another user. Hopefully you'll get the 15 upgrades when you rejoin.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Jesus. Nebraska up 9 with 2 minutes left, intercepts a pass on the goal line and accidentally pitches it backwards into the endzone. Luckily a Nebraska player runs it down and falls on it to maintain possession and save a win. Not only could that have ended up being a Tennessee TD, it very easily could have been called a safety. Why the game allows pitches when the camera turns is insane.

Huskers hold on to win 35-26 after trailing 17-7 early on.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Huskers were held under 400 yards for the first time in a long time, totally just 386 yards. The Huskers had the ball just 10 minutes of the game and ran just 31 plays, running the ball 24 times for 345 yards ad 4 TD and throwing just 4 of 7 for 41 yards. Tennessee managed 407 yards, throwing 17 of 24 for 313 and 2 TD but barely managed 3 yards per carry, running 30 times for 94 yards and 2 interceptions including the one to seal the Nebraska win.

Terrell Newby was the star again, running 17 times for 278 yards and 2 TD. Tommy Armstrong and Adam Taylor added TD runs but Newby was the workhorse once again. Not a whole lot else went right for Nebraska offensively but that's okay. Defensively, Michael Rose-Ivey had 10 tackles, 5 of them for loss as well as a sack and an interception. The Huskers had 11 TFL, 2 sacks and 2 INT in the game but the pass defense was still suspect.

Bless you run game :thumbsup:

bluejay13

Huskers were held under 400 yards for the first time in a long time, totally just 386 yards. The Huskers had the ball just 10 minutes of the game and ran just 31 plays, running the ball 24 times for 345 yards ad 4 TD and throwing just 4 of 7 for 41 yards. Tennessee managed 407 yards, throwing 17 of 24 for 313 and 2 TD but barely managed 3 yards per carry, running 30 times for 94 yards and 2 interceptions including the one to seal the Nebraska win.

Terrell Newby was the star again, running 17 times for 278 yards and 2 TD. Tommy Armstrong and Adam Taylor added TD runs but Newby was the workhorse once again. Not a whole lot else went right for Nebraska offensively but that's okay. Defensively, Michael Rose-Ivey had 10 tackles, 5 of them for loss as well as a sack and an interception. The Huskers had 11 TFL, 2 sacks and 2 INT in the game but the pass defense was still suspect.

Bless you run game :thumbsup:

I love your running game but hate defending it

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I love your running game but hate defending it

Yeah my run game has been absurdly good this year. It took me a while to iron out the kinks in the offense but now I finally feel like I have an answer to just about anything the defense can throw at me. Your 5-2 with the wide line shifts was causing me issues late in the game, I just could not get that outermost defender blocked no matter what I did.

@Wpotty Sorry didn't see your message yesterday. I switched offense and defense back to default settings along with the depth chart so there should be no problem playing the cpu

@TXHusker05 no coach points yet but it won't hurt this year. So no biggie, just hopefully get them in the off season

bluejay13

Yeah my run game has been absurdly good this year. It took me a while to iron out the kinks in the offense but now I finally feel like I have an answer to just about anything the defense can throw at me. Your 5-2 with the wide line shifts was causing me issues late in the game, I just could not get that outermost defender blocked no matter what I did.

Traditional you know I love to run the ball but Collins/Valentine, my offensive line, and injury to Jalen Hurd put me in passing mode. It seems like we get into recruiting battles over the same types of offensive players(must be a Nebraska fan mentality that we share). Eventually I will put in some Mike Riley concepts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Traditional you know I love to run the ball but Collins/Valentine, my offensive line, and injury to Jalen Hurd put me in passing mode. It seems like we get into recruiting battles over the same types of offensive players(must be a Nebraska fan mentality that we share). Eventually I will put in some Mike Riley concepts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's why I have gotten more into Pistol. To make my offense a little more pro-style. I added some variations of fly/jet sweep both under center and from the Gun and a lot more play action and pro-style passing concepts. Not that I've thrown much in my most recent games but I have been throwing more in general. My run game is pretty much old mid-90s Nebraska. Inside zone, outside zone stretch, counter, Lead (G) Option, Speed Option and then read option replaces the FB run game. Strong Power gets used here and there as well.

Mix those run concepts with a typical west coast passing scheme, add some fly sweeps here and there and it is a nice mix. Moving to the Pistol from almost entirely Offset Gun was the best thing that could have happened to my offense in this game. Luckily I've been able to recruit to fit the offense with very few changes since Year 1.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
@ArmyVol and i had a dandy of a game today, my QB shit the bed and i was down 20-7 in the 4th, ended up pulling out a win 28-27, got lucky on that one

RamesuThe1

Are we waiting on @Wpotty?

He and I are scheduled for next week. So if you see this and you play soon let me know if you wanna play our game tonight sometime

ArmyVol

#trending
@ArmyVol and i had a dandy of a game today, my QB shit the bed and i was down 20-7 in the 4th, ended up pulling out a win 28-27, got lucky on that one
last two turnovers by me were catastrophic, good game Asiantii Woulard lit up the vaunted Buckeye 3-3-5 Defense but in the end the Buckeyes got the key stops when it mattered. UCLA will be playing the role of the spoiler.