• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

Brick

22995fc67528861c31e359e0193531f5.png

FTGE

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Hahaha. Um, the men's world Cup is played in the middle of the day. The women's game actually was prime time on East coast

Snorky's Shame

Hahaha. Um, the men's world Cup is played in the middle of the day. The women's game actually was prime time on East coast

I'm laughing at the equal pay part. Not sure if she meant equal prize money for the World Cups or if NWSL salaries should equal MLS ones.

If it's the former, just look at some of the crowds not involving the U.S. And Canada. Prize money reflects how much money a tournament brings in which is reflected by interest.

If it's the latter, the NWSL will suffer the same fate the previous two leagues did and there probably won't be a fourth try at a women's league.

I'm not against equal pay in the workplace, but sports aren't like other fields.

The only thing i'll agree with is no artificial turf.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dear Admiral Jill Ellis of the USA Women's National Team Fleet,

Your job is safe. Nice work.

Signed,

The Hachiko.

worst2first

I'm glad 'Merrica won but I didn't watch as I have no interest in women's soccer unless one of my daughters takes up the game.

Does the fact that I don't like watching women's sports when there's a more entertaining, better played male version to watch make me a misogynist?

Like I said, I'm happy we won because 'Merrica, but I'm really indifferent about the women's WC in general.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I'm glad 'Merrica won but I didn't watch as I have no interest in women's soccer unless one of my daughters takes up the game.

Does the fact that I don't like watching women's sports when there's a more entertaining, better played male version to watch make me a misogynist?

Like I said, I'm happy we won because 'Merrica, but I'm really indifferent about the women's WC in general.

If you aren't entertained by it and choose not to watch, it makes you nothing more than a rational human.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I've watched the women's game my whole life, and I never really had any inclination to compare it to the men's. I just don't think about it that way.

I get just as excited for the chicks as when the men do well. But maybe that's just watching the games on Telemundo.

Speaking of that, I think I finally figured out the feeling I have and why I hate U.S. soccer fan culture.

It's the scene from Cool Runnings where the Jamaicans all start counting in German because they saw the Swiss team doing it. Except it's worse, because the culture we bite off of hasn't won shit in 50 years.

Renegade

Charge on!
Speaking of that, I think I finally figured out the feeling I have and why I hate U.S. soccer fan culture.

It's the scene from Cool Runnings where the Jamaicans all start counting in German because they saw the Swiss team doing it. Except it's worse, because the culture we bite off of hasn't won shit in 50 years.

I wish I could like this an infinite number of times. If you're an American in America discussing soccer with Americans and use the term football, please GTFO.

Snorky's Shame

I've watched the women's game my whole life, and I never really had any inclination to compare it to the men's. I just don't think about it that way.

I get just as excited for the chicks as when the men do well. But maybe that's just watching the games on Telemundo.

I also hate how the culture has turned into wannabe ultra/drunken frat boy type of thing. I really don't need "supporter groups" to enhance my experience at a game.

Your last sentence I couldn't agree more to BTW.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
@dirt did they shit can you for the picture with the jumper? You sure seem to have a lot of time on your hands lately.

I'm just here and it's not august yet. But no, I still have a job. Waiting for football so I can go all add on that...

NML

Man, I really like this line-up.

Jozy - Dempsey
Bradley
Zardes - Yedlin
Beckerman
Johnson - Brooks - Alvardo - Chandler
Guzan

Pace on the wings, best three players up front, back line protected by Beckerman, and Johnson at LB. Chandler worries me, but he's got the talent.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Worse: game of war commercials or these insurance commercials where some mong named their car Brad

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Happy to see Zardes get some reps... I've seen him in MLS score goals with some really good/smart runs.