• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If it werent for mls playoffs our roster would probably have the same trash on it.

Luh Gooch doe

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Snorky's Shame

On phone so I won’t post a link, but there was something very interesting about the recent U-17 roster at the World Cup.

Hint: Look at the hometowns.

Snorky's Shame

No Californians. I’m not sure who this is an indictment of, but I find it hard to believe there isn’t one player in that state good enough to make the roster.

EDIT: adchester found it

DanishDonut0

Sweet danish can consider him a real keeper now since he’d be in Europe.

You've obviously never watched the Danish league...

Denmark is great at developing young players, but usually up until they are ripe to sell for further development in Netherlands/Belgium, a low-midtier team in a big 5 league, or a large club's youth academy (this is usually done earlier). The only outlier for that is FC København and that's because they have enough dominance and money to retain players and purchase players from Europe that are already producing. That being said the quality overall is pretty shit, for example a semi professional team made it up and has been hanging around for a while now. They are actually 4th right now :eek:

It's probably too late for Hamid, even though it always amazes me how young he is. He's been around for so long it feels like he's 30+. But I still think it can be the right move, he has a consistent chance to compete in Europa league and an outside chance to play in Champions League when Copenhagen is slumping, which they are!!

Snorky's Shame

Jonathan Gonzalez, who represented the US at the youth levels, will play for Mexico at senior level.

I really do not want to be around if he scores vs. the US in a Gold Cup Final or WCQ.

Especially when the USSF has no one to blame but themselves.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
That would be really bad. He's apparently been really good for his Liga MX team this year, and he's super young.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I keep reading that he was pissed he wasn't called up for those November friendlies... but even if he was and Mexico offers you a WC spot, what is he going to do?

This blows because they can't cap tie anyone until 2019 Gold Cup.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Everything I ever heard about the kid said he'd prefer to play for the US unless the US absolutely butchers it..

It sounds like we butchered it.

NML

I have no idea what his motivation would be to picking the US. Mexico has been better, they're heading to a world cup, and they have a coach

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
best part about recruits click is none of these kids use computers. They use Twitter on their phones. So it should be RECRUITS TAP.

doh

I actually like Opara a lot... wondered why he never got a cap.

On that note-- I had no idea there was a game. These next two years are really going to blow.

Snorky's Shame

Speaking of the future, the USSF Presidential Election is in less than two weeks. Don’t really have a preference right now but pro/rel and European calendar is something I don’t want.

doh

I just hope it's not the MLS/SUM puppet. Unfortunately, I think she'll be in the final two since the other candidates are too fractured. It seems like no one will get to the 50% mark.

Snorky's Shame

I just hope it's not the MLS/SUM puppet. Unfortunately, I think she'll be in the final two since the other candidates are too fractured. It seems like no one will get to the 50% mark.

Yeah, this could take 3 or 4 ballots with a lot of secret deals going on.

Also, I’ve seen a lot of people lately have #savethecrew AND #ProRelforUSA tags. One of the two is fine, but it takes a special kind of stupid to have both.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
daleHunterBAD.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

To expand on this, I'm not sure if Corderio or Kathy Carter would be worse, but it's a close one (Wynalda would be bad, too, but for different reasons). He's been at the USSF for 10 years, and what exactly has he done? Just a missed opportunity. Best case is that we get the 2026 World Cup and inertia continues to improve the men's team.

NML

I really don’t think it makes too much of a difference, but it’s certainly not an encouraging sign for “change”

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I really don’t think it makes too much of a difference, but it’s certainly not an encouraging sign for “change”

I think you’re probably right overall. The men’s team is still trending in the right direction and we’ve got some really nice prospects for the next couple of cycles. We’ll probably get the WC. Women’s team should be fine long term.

Snorky's Shame

Gold Cup expanding to 16 teams in 2019. Thinking there’s going to be more teams from the Caribbean unless they take all the countries from Central America. Still that’s six teams from the Caribbean and I’d imagine at least one or two will be completely outmatched.

Jordan Morris out 6-9 months with a torn ACL. Never understood the hype around him. Technically limited player with a weak left foot and probably lost his greatest attribute with the ACL tear. Not really this generation’s Adu, more like Kyle Martino. I don’t think he’ll be playing when he’s 30, just never struck me as a guy who had the hunger to be a soccer player.

NML

Yeah his complete lack of a left foot limited him a lot. He's so well-liked because he puts in that HARD WORK WORK which you don't see that often from a forward. Jurgen (and Werden Bremen) probably liked him so much because he wanted to play a high pressure game and he is a good fit for that.

He still has some improving to do, but even if he comes back at 100%, he's probably a (top forward) MLS-lifer