• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Trade Wars Discussion

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
How about this dude I just drafted in the second round:

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_3994.html

I’ll sign him and then send him over so you don’t have to worry about that. I dumbed and took another SS in the fourth.

And then something else? Maybe a future pick?

He was high on my draft board, but I think I have 3 22-24 year old short stops, if not 4.... Still tempted though.

Future picks would be good. Also to swap picks in the 5th round of this draft if that's something you'd do.

NML

He could probably be just as good at 2B, with the high turn DP rating. Might be what I end up doing if I keep both.

But I’ll do my 5th this year and 3rd next year? No need to swap picks. Or my 2nd in two years instead of the 3rd? My 2nd next year will be like 17th overall

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If you’re going full rebuild I’d take the Owl and/or that Catcher off your hands

DJ is an easier proposition for me as I have a fairly good catcher that I promoted too early so could probably benefit to be put in. I'm still a bit unsure though, as to whether to blow this up completely, as I suppose I could get this going if a couple of players mature faster than expected.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here is a fun scenario I have for you people. In the off-season, I would like to trade ratings improvement GOAT, GREENS AND BLUES, and current league leading ERA pitcher Michael DINNER PLATE Lowry. We've got a true COCK BUSTER OPPORTUNITY, especially after he leads me to the 2079 SHIP! I would like to post information and engage in a PUBLIC COCK BUSTER TRADE WAR to demonstrate some WBL trading fundamentals for new players.

Here is who we're tombout

1565275118650.png
1565274781342.png

He is currently making $7.5M and his arb estimate for next season is $8.9M. I've looked into extending him, and he wants an AAV of around 14M for a 3-4 year contract (he's currently 28 years old)
1565274877598.png

Decision 1: Do you think he would have more trade value if I extend his contract for 4 seasons at an AAV of 14M, or if he had his current arb estimate and allow the trading partner to negotiate their own extension or even let him walk (I know FA has been dead, but I do believe he'd make >20M AAV in FA)

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Here is a fun scenario I have for you people. In the off-season, I would like to trade ratings improvement GOAT, GREENS AND BLUES, and current league leading ERA pitcher Michael DINNER PLATE Lowry. We've got a true COCK BUSTER OPPORTUNITY, especially after he leads me to the 2079 SHIP! I would like to post information and engage in a PUBLIC COCK BUSTER TRADE WAR to demonstrate some WBL trading fundamentals for new players.

View attachment 8507
View attachment 8505

He is currently making $7.5M and his arb estimate for next season is $8.9M. I've looked into extending him, and he wants an AAV of around 14M for a 3-4 year contract (he's currently 28 years old)
View attachment 8506

Decision 1: Do you think he would have more trade value if I extend his contract for 4 seasons at an AAV of 14M, or if he had his current arb estimate and allow the trading partner to negotiate their own extension or even let him walk (I know FA has been dead, but I do believe he'd make >20M AAV in FA)

I've found this one out - People love players who are about to run out their contract. I know the reason why too - Because this is the WBL.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You're close to the truth. If you extend a GOAT to a good contract, they wish you hadn't extended them and unfortunately can only offer partial value. If you don't extend them, then they are just a RENTAL and unfortunately they can only offer partial value.

I'll be lucky to get a 3rd round pick offered for this washed up BUM.

Schauwn

You're close to the truth. If you extend a GOAT to a good contract, they wish you hadn't extended them and unfortunately can only offer partial value. If you don't extend them, then they are just a RENTAL and unfortunately they can only offer partial value.
Sounds like you're trading with @doh too much.

NML

I'll be lucky to get a 3rd round pick offered for this washed up BUM.

There’s no one size fits all

Great players with little signs of declining are fine on (reasonable) long term deals.

Players on expiring deals are only rentals if there’s no market for them (which is the case now)

Schauwn

View attachment 8507
View attachment 8505

View attachment 8506

Opening offer, I'll give you a 4th rounder for this BUM.

Schauwn

I literally traded a rental (who he extended) to Doh for a 1st and two prospects, but all this anti doh propaganda just means more doh blockbusters for me
I'll still try and trade with @doh, but I have to sift through all the "your player is the worst and I'm doing you a favor by taking him off your hands" talk first.

NML

you don't think there is a market for Lowry? Because you're killing the league, or in general?

I don’t think there’s a trade market in general, but I’m basing that off a mostly quiet deadline and seemingly lower active owner count. Maybe that’ll change next season.

In the past, you could offer somebody with an expiring and you’d get people who looked at him as a rental and a lower offer and people wanting to know what he was asking for an extension and a higher offer.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'll still try and trade with @doh, but I have to sift through all the "your player is the worst and I'm doing you a favor by taking him off your hands" talk first.
Huh? I’ve made 3 or 4 trades this year that were at most 4 messages.

I do faintly remember you being shitty to trade with though.

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I literally traded a rental (who he extended) to Doh for a 1st and two prospects, but all this anti doh propaganda just means more doh blockbusters for me
I am impossible to trade with yet have made half the trades this year.

The trade market sucks because people don’t play the game which leads to more FAs. Same reason the econmics “suck”. People don’t play then have $40-50m in space AND a bad team.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I am impossible to trade with yet have made half the trades this year.

The trade market sucks because people don’t play the game which leads to more FAs. Same reason the econmics “suck”. People don’t play then have $40-50m in space AND a bad team.
Same reason the playoffs “suck.”

jdlikewhoa

View attachment 8507
View attachment 8505

View attachment 8506

2080 2nd
2081 1st
2082 1st
Charlie Kershaw