• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Caps have the yips. Can't hit the damn net.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The caps would make the equipment manager backup goalie look like Martin brodeur

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That looked like some drunk NHL 17 Cliffside play. 3 guys in the corner and other team player standing in front of the net totally unchecked

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Let's go Oil. I'm hoping for Canada on Canada crime in the finals. Sorry Preds.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They should. The Titans should take a lot of pointers from the Preds organization when it comes to gameday atmosphere, the way they treat the building and fans etc. Titans ownership is fucking lazy and just rely on the fact that they are the NFL.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I wonder when the Titans will play a relevant game.

423.gif

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Scouting in hockey definitely has improved since the turn of the century, because there were a ton of guys in the 90s who busted hard.

The only major bust I remember was Eric Lindros. I can't really label him a complete bust since so much of his failure to reach HOF performance was due to injuries. Pavel Bure wasn't really heralded as a GOAT though was he?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The only major bust I remember was Eric Lindros. I can't really label him a complete bust since so much of his failure to reach HOF performance was due to injuries. Pavel Bure wasn't really heralded as a GOAT though was he?

Considering Lindros never wore his helmet properly and skated with his head down all time....he was a great player.

TonyGin&Juice

Considering Lindros never wore his helmet properly and skated with his head down all time....he was a great player.

I'm shocked he can still remember his own name at this point. He and JR probably have no recollection of the years between 1991 and 2005.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Lindros wasn't that much of a bust, or wouldn't have been if he hadn't had his brains scrambled.

osick87

Community Liaison

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
List 'em if you got 'em babby.

Draft busts in the 90s?

1.6 - Isles - Scott Scissons - 2 career games

1.6 - Nucks - Alek Stojanov - 7 career points in 107 games

1.7 - Flyers - Ryan Sittler - never made NHL

1.1 - Sens - Alexandre Daigle - 327 points in 616 games, best season was 51 points

1.4 - Oilers - Jason Bonsignore - 79 career games
1.9 - Isles - Brett Lindros - 51 career games

1.8 - Habs - Terry Ryan - 8 career games

1.4 - Caps - Alexandre Volchkov - 3 career games
1.8 - Bruins - Jonathan Aitken - 1 point in 44 career games

1.6 - Flames - Daniel Tcaczuk - 19 career games

1.6 - Flames - Rico Fata - 63 points in 230 career games

1.1 - Thrashers - Patrik Stefan - 188 points in 455 games
1.4 - Rangers - Pavel Brendl - 78 career games
1.6 - Preds - Brian Finley - 4 career games

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

How about these Senators picks, LMAO

1993 1-1 Alexandre Daigle
1994 1-3 Radek Bonk
1995 1-1 Bryan Berard, who tells them to fuck off
1996 1-1 Chris Phillips (uh, a #4 d-man? Weak draft, though)

TonyGin&Juice

1.6 - Isles - Scott Scissons - 2 career games

1.7 - Flyers - Ryan Sittler - never made NHL

1.6 - Flames - Rico Fata - 63 points in 230 career games

I remember getting Scissons "futures" card out a pack and thinking "this guy just looks like a bum". Not at all shocked he turned out to be one. Settler was during that streak of bad Flyers picks, right? Rico Fata I remember being with the Pens for a minute and being alright but his career was definitely a bust. He's the NHL equivalent of Chad Henne or a bad backup QB - a guy to give a couple of minutes on the ice to but the first guy you cut when you get the chance.