• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
urjCeJn.jpg

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The draw is opening up for Peter Laviolette to take his third different team to the Stanley Cup Finals. Only potential road block is Anaheim.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
is there anything better than hearing that ping of the puck hitting the post and going in the net? Especially in OT. I think it is one of the coolest things in sports.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
All the hockey sounds are gr8. The tape to tape sound is one of my favorite incidental sports sounds there is.

ZackMills

Have mercy
All the hockey sounds are gr8. The tape to tape sound is one of my favorite incidental sports sounds there is.
And at the other end of the spectrum is squeaking basketball sneakers. Whenever I randomly notice how much that occurs, I can't stop listening to it and change the channel:laughing:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Khadri may not leave the ice alive after that.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
For all the parity there supposedly is, not a single series even needed a game 7.

Lightningwar

Administrator
A Bruce Boudreau team eliminated in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.....that's never happened before. :thumbsup:

Im laughing at all the delusional wild fans. Even when they kept losing they were on talk radio talking about how much better the Wild were, but St. Louis was getting lucky.

Simo77

Yeah but a record 18 overtime games.

To me that's kind of like flipping a coin a bunch of times and having the winners decided in OT versus adding an extra game or 2 to the series, to me. Likely doesn't change the winner but shorted things up a bit. Wouldn't have been surprised to see Washington/Toronto(3-2 in OT) or Ottawa/Boston(3-1 in OT) go 7. Could have also seen Rangers/Montreal or Edmonton/San Jose go 7 as they were all 1-1 in OT in 6 game series. But the other 4 series were pretty one sided. Looking at you CRAWFORD! I could see a couple of the 2nd round series going 7.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I don't know what to expect from this St. Louis series. There is almost no way that the Preds can plays as well as they did last series. Who else does St. Louis have that is dangerous besides Tarasenko?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Steen is fast. Um...Parayko is large and in the way. They have that one black dude fan who calls everything lit too.

osick87

Community Liaison
I don't know what to expect from this St. Louis series. There is almost no way that the Preds can plays as well as they did last series. Who else does St. Louis have that is dangerous besides Tarasenko?

Jake Allen won them the last series so you could argue he could do it again or hope he regresses hard.

Jaden Schwartz is probably their 2nd best forward.

Sobotka just came back from the KHL and I think he's decent.

Parayko is arguably their best dman. He doesn't produce as well as Pietrangelo but he's better than big and in the way.

Bouwmeester used to be good but now's he's old and his skill has dropped off pretty bad. Could see Nashville's Forwards exposing that.

I like Nashville to win the series.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Hopefully their goalie doesn't stand on his head. Happened to the Preds back in 2010. They beat the fucking Redwings in the first round and then got owned by fucking Mike Smith of the Coyotes.

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeo's teams in Minnesota played a pretty boring trapping style so they could definitely clog up the neutral zone and limit shots.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Excited for this game tonight. Hope they pull it out.

Ducks v Edmonton will be more exciting hockey though. Can't wait to watch that one either.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Last night's games were gr8. Stanley Cup Playoffs still the best. I need to move to a city with an NHL team because OU is gay and rhubarb will be in Las Vegas in 10 years.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Gross.

Fuck Chris Kuntz into the sun. God I hate this guy.