• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Blue jackets' goalie let in a couple of softies to let picksburg back in the game. They have to score again. No way they can hold on the whole 3rd period.

MrShotgun

It's clear that if the Jackets want to win they're gonna have to do it with offense. They're not going to stop the Pens from scoring

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
This story from Kris Draper about getting his face caved in, the Wings-Avalanche rivalry, and the brawl is amazing. Everything about it. This is great stuff.

I didn’t know my face was caved in, but I knew it wasn’t good.
I knew it wasn’t good from the sound my cheek had made when it hit the dasher above the boards. I knew it wasn’t good because the referee had blown his whistle so quickly. I knew it wasn’t good because our trainer, John Wharton, had jumped over the boards right away to check on me.
I saw the blood on the ice, but I didn’t know the right side of my face was caved in.

My only thought was, O.K., this is a bad one. How many stitches?

It was Game 6 of the ’96 Western Conference finals against the Colorado Avalanche. We had to win the game in their barn to keep the series alive. The whole series was a bloodbath. To say “there was no love lost” between us would be an understatement. I rarely ever use the word “hate,” but I’ll use it here. We hated them. They hated us. That’s just the way it was.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Those series were fucking awesome. I was rooting against Detroit the whole time because I knew so many obnoxious Wings fans. 12 years old and trolling. I still have a championship hat somewhere. Or maybe it's from 2001. Can't recall.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Those Avs-Wings series were the start of the ultra obnoxious Wings fan. And the intro of the "Hockeytown" moniker. So, glad that they missed the playoffs this year.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Kuznetsov is 0 for 2 on open nets this series.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Somehow Tom Wilson is playing like Peter Forsberg

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Holy fuck that's a bad call. Gardiner is holding him in the crease.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
90% of caps playoff goals allowed in past 10 years are junk just bouncing off of someone and landing on the stick of the other team. It's insane. They don't give these up in the regular season.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Another Puck falling on a leaf stick

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Huge game for the Predators tonight. Need to go on and close it out. Don't want to mess around with going back to Chicago.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That's a wrap.

@BearDownUofA

aCV432o.jpg

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Lolololololololololololololololololololololololo
lolololololololololololololololololololololololo
lololololololololololololololololololololololo
lolololololololololololololololololololololololoLOL!

Simo77

Utopia slippin. Lots of missed opportunities for the Crawford chant in here over the course of the series. Pretty unreal to see the closest thing the NHL has to a dynasty taken a part like that.

Crawford actually played well. Chicago's best player probably. Low bar though. Nice of Toews to check into the series with 5 mins left in it.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I knew they weren't watching when it got lodged in Crawford's blocker and then he slung it in his own goal and it was just crickets in here.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I was watching Habs-Rangers. Mrs. Goblue, the Hawks fan, was fed up with the Hawks and didn't want to watch them get eliminated.

Hike

güero
Damn sharks. Did they even pretend to have an offense the last 20 minutes of OT? Or the most of the third period.

Hike

güero
They looked like they were playing another sport out there. So frustrating.
They definitely looked like they weren't interested in scoring a goal. I don't blame Martin Jones. At some point his team has to help him out. Just frustrating that they were up 3-1 and then seemed to mail it in.