• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

CJ_24

Wow. Can't believe Sota pulled that out. Felt like Dallas owned them for most of overtime periods. I was entertained

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Oilers played pretty well 5v5. Stupid penalties and a couple of defensive lapses cost them. Clean those up and they'll look better in Game 2. I think they were trying too hard to set the tone and be physical without really worrying about locking down the game in the third.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Also, I don't know if the NHL did it on purpose, but I did laugh at them pairing the two least interesting Eastern series with the two more interesting Western series and vice versa.

CJ_24

Dude from Winnipeg apparently got cut by a skate, received 75 stitches, then came back into the game.

Honestly, as someone who doesn't skate and has no hockey background, this is something I think about probably too much. With as sharpe as those skates are, and as fast and physical as the game is, it surprises me that dudes don't get cut by skates more often. Probably irrational because I know so little, but it crosses my mind often while watching the game.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Nah, that wasn't a dive. Was definitely a narrowly-averted disaster for both players. The cross check on Ekholm was a dive, though, and the crowd and refs bought it. The penalty on Desharnais was also garbage. Oilers do some dumb stuff for sure but the Kings are embellishing whenever they can.