• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Accounting Class

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Fuck my owner. He's suppose to be generous yet I win 101 games and see no increase in budget. I made more money than I lost last year.

Also how do I have 900k in cash to start the year then lose 600k? Fuck Tankee JD and the rest who tank every year and just steal revenue sharing money.

That is all.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You basically broke even last season right doh?

I took like $5m in revenue sharing, but I think it's fair if you consider my TV deal.

I don't get why my attendance dropped this year though. It's a mystery.

doh

You basically broke even last season right doh?

I took like $5m in revenue sharing, but I think it's fair if you consider my TV deal.

I don't get why my attendance dropped this year though. It's a mystery.
Yes I was basically even but I also got a new TV contract and it still didn't go up.

My attendance was basically even despite the fact I lowered prices by 40 cents or so and I won 101 games.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That's probably why your budget didn't go up. I bet you will see a good bump if you have better attendance this year. I am hoping for the same. I'd rather have the same budget like you than get it dropped by $16m haha.

Wolfman21

Ticket Prices...what are folks looking at as far as prices? My fan base seems to be a pretty good one to keep coming back with the decent numbers they do even though the Tehran organization hasn't given them a playoff berth since its inception. I'm charging $22. Is that on the low end? High end?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ticket Prices...what are folks looking at as far as prices? My fan base seems to be a pretty good one to keep coming back with the decent numbers they do even though the Tehran organization hasn't given them a playoff berth since its inception. I'm charging $22. Is that on the low end? High end?

Probably low but you cant go too high unless you're winning. I charged $30 this year.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
$22 is fair for your team. I normally go $20-25 if I'm losing, $25-30 if I'm winning. Not used to this whole losing thing with weak attendance.

Wolfman21

Yeah, it was set at $25 when I joined and I thought that was high for a losing squad like mine. So I dropped it a few bucks.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I try to maximize my profit. If I lose a couple hundred a game by going up a dollar obviously that is okay. Less attendance isn't always worse for you bottom line

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah that's definitely true. I lowered mine to $24 to try to lure people back. You can experience my with it though. I think you can change it mid-season right?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah that's definitely true. I lowered mine to $24 to try to lure people back. You can experience my with it though. I think you can change it mid-season right?

Yeah you can change it whenever, but if you go up during the season you will experience a huge drop off. They get really mad. I usually go up a dollar in the offseason and see if I can retain that level. If I think I'm going to be really good I'll bump it more than that. Last off-season I went from $26 to $30 because I was confident we would make the playoffs. I'm going to go up a dollar or two next year to ride the wave

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I did whatever the hell I wanted at Madison haha. I messed with ticket prices like crazy. Was up to $35 or 40 at one point. You definitely see peaks and valleys if you change it midseason. Maybe it's better to lower them midseason if attendance seems stagnant and raise them in the offseason if attendance is near sellout.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Of course you did what you want there, you were a legend. They had a statue of you next to Vince

osick87

Community Liaison
If Nakamura Plaza pitches well, I am going to try and buy out all his years. Arbatration be damned

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Economizer. Now he is Charitable. Only his second year as owner, so maybe he was testing me :laughing:

osick87

Community Liaison
Just means he is tight with his cash. You'll go up in budget when winning but you won't jump as much as the higher levels

I can live with that. He gave me a lot for extensions (28 mil) so I've been trying to lock up my young guys for less than or market value. Granted I have no clue what market value is.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Money for extensions is a calculation based on your expect budget for next year and your contract obligations for next year. I would assume your budget is expected to go up and you have a decent amount coming off the books.

osick87

Community Liaison
Money for extensions is a calculation based on your expect budget for next year and your contract obligations for next year. I would assume your budget is expected to go up and you have a decent amount coming off the books.

Well the guys I'm resigning are still entering their "prime" years IRL.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah resign your good players. I am just saying the owner doesn't randomly throw a number out there for extensions.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm still spending on Dev, to not spend on Dev is crippling if you have prospects. Scouting, meh. I'm confident enough to play stats-only and OSA is a nice bonus

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I still spend on both. Most my scouting budget is international. Dev budget I try to double or at least keep at the baseline. If I have a spend happy offseason I trim them for a year.

osick87

Community Liaison
I max scouting and put the sliders at like 40% each Amateur and Intl, 15% Minor and 5% Major. Stats at Major league tells me enough of a story.

Dev I had really high until @Orlando told me that anything over 2x the average doesn't yield any significant bonus.

I am because you told me to :laughing:

That's how I built my team. To be fair, @Reel had those reel fucking low.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah some guy on the forums ran a bunch of tests and double baseline was where he started seeing diminishing returns for dev.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
To me if you can make 300 big posts about something you can make one really long post about something to me.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm testing the stuff from the other thread.

Travis' strategy was +$80M for a $2M deduction from budget after winning 31 games. This team I've poached is much better than the ones they started with but I think that's aroundthe same number of wins they had. Not bad, but I didn't sign any IFA. Going to drop $10M on that this offseason.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
AwoUE8P.png

Lloyd Carr

I never even look at the accounting screen.

I know nothing about the budget/math/numbers/money situation in the WBL. I just play baseball.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Here we are after spending only $10M on IFAs. Let's be honest though, nobody with that much space spends $10M so I'm going to spend what I can on this class just to see what happens. Made $42M and lost $9M in budget after 46 wins.

JNbkCO2.png

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
game crashed making baseball cards. Was projected to hit $90M anyway but it was falling throughout the year so I'm not sure if it would have stayed there. Fan interest was plummeting. Definitely better to not sign a Rat on 16 as long as you can get set up like Schauwn has in 3 years though. Since we most likely won't expand anymore I doubt it will ever come up again. I think if you stayed bad for 4 years you'd be down around $80M-$85M which would give you $40M-$50M to throw at FA every year. Good to know.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Are you saying I win or lose the hypothetical simulation?
On 16 if you can get it done in under 3 years you win. If you cant ur fucked. Most people doing the 20M payroll that way would go all out on IFA though, I'd have to run another year but that would most likely drop you into the 90s that second year and start a sharp tumble down the mountain.

Only way to really stop that is to sign every cheap popular guy you can and hope to keep revenue up enough. Both can work still, but i prefer your way on 16 because of the budget leaps that are possible.

Let's be clear though, this really only applies to fucked expansion teams. Most established teams would never find themselves in that sort of position unless it's intentional

jdlikewhoa

Fuck my owner. He's suppose to be generous yet I win 101 games and see no increase in budget. I made more money than I lost last year.

Also how do I have 900k in cash to start the year then lose 600k? Fuck Tankee JD and the rest who tank every year and just steal revenue sharing money.

That is all.
Thefuckdidido.wmv

I make the playoffs e'ry year

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Are you saying I win or lose the hypothetical simulation?

I forgot I'm the one who put the floor in budgets :laughing:

Your way is defnitely the way to go now, still wasn't in OOTP15 I don't think. Every team makes $55M+ automatically, $30M is automatic for national media, $20Mish average for local media and then merchandising adds what it adds. Schauwn will make at least $57M automatically from here on out and it should keep going up a little bit each year until it peaks.

The only thing you're really wrong about is schauwn's future budget during Rat's reign of terror. He could very easily make it to $130M if he wanted to, but I don't think he should.

$57M from media/merch already this year. $27M already for season tickets. That's $84M. Projected at $22M for regular tickets, $106M at least. If he wins a bit, he's going to sell more tickets. So at Schauwn's worst (last year) he's making $91M. This year he's projected at $106M. So from here on out he's going to just be breaking even as long as he wins 30 games.

Every 1,000 fans he gets to come is $2M a year in revenue if he keeps his prices at $25. If he starts winning 50+ games a year he gon be bringing in 30k+ fans. That's an extra $12M in revenue without raising prices. I'm just telling you if he doesn't spend he's going to be around $125M in budget.

I think he should spend what he can on IFA and say fuck his budget though, he's going to jump a ridiculous amount after Rat anyway. There are a lot of ways he could play this honestly, and the best financially is to hold all of his prospects down for another year at least. Ideally he'd want their last minimum year to be the year after Rat is gone so that he gets that year of $20M payroll while winning a ton. Buy out their arb that year so the contracts kick in in 2053.

doh

Minor gripe... I'm set to make $500k by projections. This doesn't include playoff revenue (even if I lose in the first round, that's $5m). I also think it's still a little conservative on my gate receipts/merch too. Plus I have $10m in the bank.

I understand it might be impossible for the computer to adjust on the fly during the season, but I'd like in situations like this I was able to exceed my budget by a couple million.