• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Tennessee Volunteers

bluejay13

Coach: Jim Tressel

Offense: Tennessee Volunteers
My base playbook is Nebraska
I run a power running scheme out of various shotgun and pistol formations with 11 personnel
-Traps
-Sweeps
-Halfback Power
-QB Power
-Read Option
-Midline Option
-Inverted Veer

A combination of Auburn/Ohio State/Nebraska real life rushing attack concepts except I prefer to huddle

Passing:
-Bubble screens
-Floods
-Mesh
-any basic mirrored route sets on both sides of the formation

Personally I don't like to pass if I don't have to

70% run / 30% passing Offense

Defense: Base 4-3

My defense is a gap control 4-3 which primary aligns in the 4-3 Under or 5-2 depending on the level of talent on my roster
-Which player I read with each respected position
-Linebackers reads the guards
-Secondary reads the tackles/tightends(depends on the formation)

With the 4-3 Under being my base defense I recruit as followed:
LOLB(SAM/BUCK) - Bigger run stopper
MLB(MIKE) - standard balanced linebacker
ROLB(WILL) - the key in my defense because this is the primary backer in my nickel sets. I usually recruit a bigger safety and move him to this spot. Ideal size is 6'2 200 lbs

My entire defensive line should average about 6-4 275. I prefer big bodies that will clog the running gaps to allow my back 7 to make the play

Back 4 - Strictly cover guys but if a freak athlete comes along I guess I could make room for him

bluejay13

@TXHusker05 Report on Jim Tressel

Tennessee (@bluejay13) Scouting Report
Week 11 - February 7th, 2015

Nebraska 21
Tennessee 7

Offense

He wants to be run heavy, both under center and the gun but got forced into Empty Gun sets quite a bit in the 2nd half trying to come back. Passing is not his team's strength, throwing just 9 of 19 an 3 INT. His QB was off the mark early and by the 2nd half he had to become one dimensional and it cost him. If you let him, he'd run every play of the game.

Runs a two QB system. Dobbs (#11) is the starter, Parham (#5) is the change-up. Loves to run read option with Parham in the game. Parham really is not a pass threat, he attempted just 1 throw while in the game. This leads to some personnel tendencies but don't sleep on Dobbs' run ability though, his run ratings are nearly identical even though he wasn't used to run as much. Read option is a pretty big part of his offense in general, I normally run conservative option defense but ended up in aggressive to stop his QB run game and brought heavy interior run blitzes to stop the hand-off. His lack of a passing game did not help him much in this one. Force him to throw.

The best piece of advice I can give is to wait until he selects a play on offense before selecting your play on defense. Look at the personnel grouping screen. If you see #5 in the game at QB, assume he is running read option, QB power or Jet Power until he proves otherwise. Even on 3rd & Medium-Long, do not assume it is a pass. His QB run game is very good and Parham is a strong runner who falls forward for a few yards every time. A mix of aggressive and conservative option defense would be wise.

He spends the majority of the game in 11 personnel, but don't assume he is going to have a back in the backfield or a TE in the formation. He used Empty Spread a lot with a HB and TE spread out wide. Favorite play out of that look is bubble screens but you can bait him into throwing bubble into coverage by manually controlling the slot defender to the trips side. Be aware of QB Blast out of Empty on 3rd & Short.

Defense

Base 4-3, might have gone Nickel a few times but he spent most of the game in a 4-3. He user controls a defensive lineman, usually the defensive end to the wide side of the field but he'll mix it up. He's very good at it and split double teams often plus got a user sack. For the most part he shut my run game down. It opened up a bit later when I went heavy personnel and just tried hammering away with my power back, still held me 100+ yards under my season average.

He runs more zone than most and does not blitz often, he relies on his front 4 to stop the run game and drops 6-7 into coverage. It is a very successful strategy for him and it fits his personnel. That defensive line is incredibly good and controlled the line of scrimmage the entire game. I had to go to the air to open up the run and even then it felt like I was running into a brick wall. You will have to throw to beat him, if you establish the pass early you'll have more success running the ball.

The best way to attack his defense is on the perimeter. The few big runs I hit were fly sweeps under center and sweeps/off tackle from the Pistol. He's also susceptible to bubble screens and the quick perimeter passing game from spread formations. He used aggressive option defense from the start of the game so my read option game was negated, but I did use it to my advantage by using triple option as a belly dive play with my FB.

His defense is very, very good. More than good enough to win the game. If his offense played even a little better, he would have won.

Special Teams

Nothing notable. Did not attempt a field goal and did not attempt to return a kick from the end zone. His kick and punt coverage was very good though. If his kickoffs were any indication, I'd assume his kicker has range to at least 52 yards.

bluejay13

@Wpotty report on Tennessee

Offense: Ran a lot to start the game, which according to many users is his go to, but I did a good job stopping this and turned to the pass and gained confidence in the pass after a few big throws. Used a lot of Qb runs and used out routes to combat the man coverage.

Defense: ran the 4-3 most of the game. Good way to attack him is with sweeps and quick passes, which I went away from. Strong O-line.

RamesuThe1

Scouting Report
Game Played 2/27/25
Result: TCU 40 - Tennessee 36

Offense:

Tried to run mostly zone read concepts from 11 personnel with some 21 mixed in. We were able to keep the running attack in front with a 4-4 defense most of the time, despite his 3 WR sets. He wanted to run and I knew that so I ignored the personnel and played the situation the majority of the time, especially when I expected run and for the most part we were able to contain it. When he wanted to throw he either went empty 5 WR or Trips with a bunch to the right. He was successful running slants out of the empty set and a post wheel combo out of the bunch set. Quarter Cover 4 was able to cover up the slant and cover 3 with a DE purple zone hot route was able to contain the trips bunch. Once those were covered it was QB scramble and called run. His running attack is how he wants to move the ball and forcing him to throw significantly reduces what you have to defend because his passing isn't varied at all.

Defense:

5-2 majority of the time, but I had a lot of 22 and 12 personnel for power running for the early parts of the game. When I spread him out, he was 2 deep a majority of the time and it was either 2-zone or 2-man. Middle of the field was vulnerable and my qb was accurate enough to hit some key throws. Anything long developing is dead against him because he does an excellent job usering his front and sacking your QB, same for play-action. I shifted the line quite a bit to compensate for whichever DL he decided to user and that helped. Scrambling was also key for me, a few times, my guys simply missed his but I was able to get out and away with my QB. Pulling/power runs, tosses and inside zone were most effective concepts in the run game. Corner and Dig combos worked against the 2-deep looks.

Special Teams:

Wharton, #4 I think is his KR, took one back 100 yards.

GG again bluejay

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
Scouting Report
Game played 3/1/15
result OSU 21 TN 10

Summery, I got opening kickoff and went down and missed a FG from the right hash, BlueJay went down and scored a TD, from there we had allot of punts and Bluejay had a chance to go up 10-7 but threw a pick. Bluejay got the ball at half, threw a pick 6 to tie the game 7-7. He punted on the next possesion and OSU answered with a td to the TE to make it 14-7, TN answered with a FG to make it 14-10. OSU threw a 17yd TD to go up 21-10, and got a pick to seal the game.

Offense, bluejay wants to run the ball and control the clock. Completed some long 3rd downs to keep the drives moving with out patterns and comebacks. Couldn't run the ball until the 3rd qtr so he had lots of 3rd and longs. His power back got knocked out in the first qtr so had to play with his backup. on 3rd and long, he played lots of 5wr. Mostly 3wr, 1 TE or 2 te the rest of the game.

Defense, no need for him to blitz, as he will split the double teams and kill your qb with his 4 DL, plays DE on passing downs and some DT early in the downs. mostly zone with a sprinkling of man.

ST I noticed he punts like me, high punts so he can get coverage down the field

bluejay13

Scouting Report
Game played 3/1/15
result OSU 21 TN 10

Summery, I got opening kickoff and went down and missed a FG from the right hash, BlueJay went down and scored a TD, from there we had allot of punts and Bluejay had a chance to go up 10-7 but threw a pick. Bluejay got the ball at half, threw a pick 6 to tie the game 7-7. He punted on the next possesion and OSU answered with a td to the TE to make it 14-7, TN answered with a FG to make it 14-10. OSU threw a 17yd TD to go up 21-10, and got a pick to seal the game.

Offense, bluejay wants to run the ball and control the clock. Completed some long 3rd downs to keep the drives moving with out patterns and comebacks. Couldn't run the ball until the 3rd qtr so he had lots of 3rd and longs. His power back got knocked out in the first qtr so had to play with his backup. on 3rd and long, he played lots of 5wr. Mostly 3wr, 1 TE or 2 te the rest of the game.

Defense, no need for him to blitz, as he will split the double teams and kill your qb with his 4 DL, plays DE on passing downs and some DT early in the downs. mostly zone with a sprinkling of man.

ST I noticed he punts like me, high punts so he can get coverage down the field

During the game when you were punting to me my special teams plays wouldn't show up in the selection screen(even pressing Y). That's why I left my defense out there but that had no impact on the outcome of the game. GG again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
During the game when you were punting to me my special teams plays wouldn't show up in the selection screen(even pressing Y). That's why I left my defense out there but that had no impact on the outcome of the game. GG again!

If that happens again - hit B and go back to play types, then special teams. That happens to me every once in awhile where I can't access special teams by pressing Y.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Tennessee Volunteers Scouting Report
Head Coach: @bluejay13
Week 11 - Year 3
March 7th, 2015

[BCOLOR=#ff0000]Nebraska 35[/BCOLOR]
Tennessee 26

Offense

It is a fairly balanced spread, but it has far more in common with a traditional one back west coast offense than it does with a typical spread. The pass game is straight out of the west coast passing tree and the run game is your fairly basic one back power/stretch stuff. Does mix in a fair amount of read option here and there but it's more of a keep them honest play than something he's really trying to gain big yards with.

He started both halves with a lot of Jet Sweep/Fake Jet motion, but it really wasn't that effective. My DL gets up the field very quickly and it didn't seem like the guy he was running Jet with was all that quick. The Fake Jet Slip Screen play from F Twins Over can be deadly if set up though, so at least know that it is there and he will run it.

His run game really isn't that developed. Like I said before, it is typical one back power/stretch with some trap and read option sprinkled in. I ran conservative option defense all game to force his QB to keep. His starting QB (#11) really isn't all that quick but damn is he powerful, I had him bottled up for a loss a few times and he just dragged a defender for a few yards. He ran QB Power once and QB Blast once. I imagine if he ran his QB downhill a little bit more he'd get quite a few hard nosed yards just falling forward. His QB was more effective than his HB for sure.

Pass game is fairly west coast oriented, just out of spread formations. He fell in love with Empty in this game and it was with good reason, it opened a ton of holes in my zone defense and he was very quick to exploit them. Most of his pass game is short to intermediate. He very rarely took shots down the field, I think just one throw up the seam if I remember correctly the rest was very high percentage stuff.

Any time he got into trouble or needed to score or needed to convert a third down, he went to Empty. Mostly ran some variation of a slant concept, usually it was backside off of Stick but he ran the Shallow/Slant/Curl concept quite a few times as well and caught me jumping the first guy through and ended up throwing behind me. He took the curl when it was there, but you can let him have it, the slant is going to be the big threat. Occasionally he went 4x1 Empty, but he still ran Stick. Be aware of the inner most slot receiver out of Quads up the seam vs Cover 2 though. He had me beat with it but my safety got there just in time to hammer the receiver and cause a drop.

Unlike most users who abandon the run after it gets stopped early, bluejay stuck with it, almost too long. He ended up with 30 rushes in the game for just 94 yards despite a passing game that was taking everything it wanted. Had he just aired it out all game, he probably wins.

A couple things to keep an eye on:

- 3x1 Closed Trips (Trips Over); most of the time he went to this, it was to auto-motion the HB out to the TE side. He didn't use it as much this season as he did last season but I was ready for it regardless and baited him into a bad throw and a pick six. Just be aware that if he's in that formation, the HB is likely leaving the backfield so have an answer for that.

- Scrambles; He is not afraid to take off and run with the QB if nothing is there. I was forced to drop 7 or 8 into coverage quite a few times to stop his passing game and any time I did, he took off and ran with it, it was probably the most successful runs of the day for him. I would highly recommend a spy.

Defense

It's a base 4-3, but he went 34/335 Okie here and there and also ran a heavily shifted 5-2 with the defensive line widened later in the game. He stays in his base defense even against 10 personnel formations so if you have speed at receiver you might be able to exploit that with a deep passing game. I was on the road and QBA 5 was causing some issues for me so I didn't want to risk it.

User controls a defensive lineman more often than not, usually a defensive tackle but occasionally a defensive end.

Aggressive option defense from the start. Occasionally I think he was trying to manually handle the read and attack the mesh but since I am in Pistol, he was essentially guessing which way I was reading and didn't guess correctly often.

Will HEAVILY overshift his defense to the run strength of the formation, often shifting both his defensive line and linebackers to the run strength (TE side). Against most people, that would be tough to handle but it left him vulnerable to weakside run plays like Counter and Read Option Wk which is a significant part of my offense. I only ran the ball 24 times in this game but those 24 rushes went for 345 yards and 4 TD. Be prepared to run away from your run strength against his defense because of how much he'll shift. I spent most of the game in Pistol Twin TE, Twin TE Slot and Wing Over and running Counter away from the Twin TE. He overshifted to the Twin TE every time and the counter just destroyed him because of it. I would highly recommend Twin TE formations.

I only threw 4 of 7 for 41 yards and an INT in this game, in part because of how ineffective my QB was. My throws were all over the place early on and I just wasn't going to risk it. I fell behind 17-7 and decided my run game was going to win or lose me the game. His defense should, in theory, be easy to attack with the perimeter passing game because he stays in base defense the entire game but I just couldn't get it to work and I wasn't going to risk it. For those of you with more developed passing games, you should have success.

Special Teams

Punter has a HUGE leg. He crushed a punt like 60 yards in the air. All his kickoffs were deep or out the back of the endzone and he hit his only field goal. He didn't get a chance to return any kicks.

Overall

@bluejay13 probably deserved better in this game. He jumped out to a 17-7 lead and his defense was giving me fits early; unfortunately, he had to settle for a field goal before half rather than score a touchdown to go up two scores. I got the ball to start the second half, scored to take a lead and had a pick six to extend the lead and it snowballed on him from there. He played more than well enough to win.

Last edited:

bluejay13

72b85d71a7f957f3482c5e44bd06cafe.jpg

Final Standings for the Volunteers in Powerhouse Year 5, 2017
-11-2
-Alamo Bowl Champions

All-Americans

-1st Team
--Quarterback SR, Jay Parham
--Defensive Tackle SR(R), Dewayne Hendrix

-Freshman
--Nickelback FR, Charles Russell

All-Conference Big 12

-1st team
--Quarterback SR, Jay Parham
--Defensive Tackle SR(R), Dewayne Hendrix

-2nd Team
--Cornerback JR(R), Jason Jones
--Defensive Tackle JR(R), Leon Woods
--Runningback SR, Billy Ray Richardson
--WILL Linebacker SR(R), Elliott Berry
--Strongside Defensive End SO(R), Ryan Hall

Team MVP: Jay Parham

7b3d4dcc0b247a1e6bc7d55626154aa8.jpg

3f4a601d8e19c22325a1557c49105a56.jpg

Last edited:

bluejay13

2017 Tennessee Volunteers In-Season Recruiting Class

:star::star::star: - 70 OVR - Outside Linebacker, Steve Woods - 6'1" 220 lbs - Carrollton GA

:star::star::star: - 72 OVR - Tightend, David Morgan - 6'3" 249 lbs - Beachwood, OH

:star::star::star: - 76 OVR - Offensive Guard, Will Horne - 6'2" 277 lbs - Gibson, AR

:star::star::star: - 75 OVR - Defensive End, Tevita Evans - 6'6" 253 lbs - Soddy-Daisy, TN

:star::star::star: - 79 OVR - Offensive Guard, Jamal Reese - 6'3" 311 lbs - Center Point, AL

:star::star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Athlete-Projected Quarterback - Ray Daniels - 6'1" 212 lbs - Florence, KY

:star::star::star::star: - 78 OVR - Outside Linebacker - Damien Cooper - 6'2" 206 lbs - Franklin, TN

:star::star::star: - 73 OVR - Outside Linebacker - Justin Gates - 6'6" 229 lbs - Cookeville, TN

:star::star::star: - 78 OVR - Kicker - Jelani Sarria - 6'0" 166 lbs - La Follette, TN

:star::star::star::star: - 79 OVR - Cornerback - Nic Miller - 5'11" 179 lbs - Elkin, NC

:star::star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Athlete-Projected Runningback - Chip Hudson - 6'2" 194 lbs - Spanish Lake, MO

:star::star::star::star: - 79 OVR - Strong Safety - Ricky Bonner - 6'3" 206 lbs - Fort Gordon, GA

:star::star::star::star: - 73 OVR - Middle Linebacker - Jimmy Kirk - 6'3" 253 lbs - Sarasota Springs, FL

:star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Defensive Tackle - Charlie Moore - 6'1" 281 lbs - Salem, VA

:star::star::star::star::star: - 81 OVR - Cornerback - Cliff Whitaker - 6'1" 185 lbs - Waukesha, WI

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Game played: 6/17/15
Result: Cal 34 Tennessee 20
Offense:

Like me, bluejay is a somewhat stubborn offensive player, though he wants to win on the ground rather than through the air. At one point, he was down 24-0 with a minute left in the half and he was still running from his own 25. Option is a solid part of his run game, I would say probably half his rushes were option plays, though this could be because his RB had difficulty running this game. Most of it is standard read, I only saw one Triple Option called, which was stuffed because I happened to have a blitz called to that side. Otherwise, he likes to run Inside Zone and Dive, he may have called Counter but I don't remember any. As far as passing, he's a pretty solid passer, though he made a few critical mistakes this game that hurt him. Flood is his #1 concept, I saw him go to this more than anything else. He knows how to read a defense as well, because I covered up the out route and he checked down to the flat like you're supposed to do. He can have a tendency to get stuck on a read though. On a 3rd down on his first drive, he threw an INT on a dig that was double and maybe even triple covered. Other than Flood, I saw him go to Stick and Four Verts a few times, especially Stick out of Empty. He threw a few curls as well against off coverage but his QB cost him a few completions. As far as QB play, if he does end up making the switch to #9, his offense will be much more dangerous. I didn't worry too much about the option game with #13 in because he's not too special of a runner. However, #9 burned me for a big game at one point that lead to a touchdown. It's mostly 11 or 12 personnel, though he went more to more 10 and Empty sets in the 2nd half being down. Out of Empty, you should mostly be paying attention to the pass, though he will run it occasionally. He ran a QB Draw and a Jet Read Option out of Empty. Neither one worked, because #13 ran the draw and I happened to realize what play it was presnap for the Read, his Empty run game could be dangerous with #9. As far as tempo, bluejay is very deliberate and wants to play at a slow pace. Even on that final drive of the 1st half, he didn't run no huddle until past midfield. In the 2nd half, he ran more no huddle but he never went lightning fast. He wants to run the ball and carefully decide which plays or formations he's choosing rather than worry how fast he's going.

Defense:

bluejay wants to play with the defensive line and dare you to throw. He wants to always have at least 6 or 7 in the box, take away the run, and force you to pass while he rushes you with the DE. Unfortunately, this backfired on him since I like to pass. I likely should've thrown more in the 1st half and run more in the 2nd half. In the 1st half, he played mostly zone with probably a 60/40 press/off coverage split. He prefers to play one high but since this hurt him with my passing game, he played a lot more two high that he was likely comfortable with. In the 2nd half, I saw a lot more man, specifically 2 Man Under. Here, I should've run the ball a lot more than I did but I was being stubborn and wanting to go to pass plays I hadn't gone yet and it cost me 2 INTs. I don't want to take away from bluejay here though, he made an adjustment and I didn't adjust. As far as blitzing goes, I think I only saw one zone blitz, which I kept my TE for and hit a corner route for a big gain. Overall, bluejay doesn't do anything exotic with his back end, he wants his front 4 to make most of the plays. As far as what he's vulnerable to, I would say constraint plays like Bubble are his biggest weaknesses. I didn't hit very many of these for big gains because his talent level is much higher than mine and his CBs got off their blocks quick enough to make plays. His focus on packing the box can hurt him as long as you know how to read a coverage, since he doesn't play much man. He also likes to shift his LBs to the strong side, especially against 12 personnel, so you can hurt him with weakside runs.

Special Teams:

Not much to add here. He hit a few 40+ yard FGs and punted twice. For his punts, he likes to hang the ball high like I do, though he had a lot more success with it than I do. One of his players got past all my blockers and forced me to muff a punt, which luckily, I recovered. On his second punt, I decided not to bother fielding it so that allowed him to down a punt inside the 10. So if you're going to field the punt, make sure you focus on catching the ball first. For kick returns, he didn't return any in the 1st half but he returned all 3 in the 2nd half to try to get a spark I suppose.

TL;DR

bluejay wants to run the ball and set the pace and utilize his front four and let his back seven handle themselves.​

bluejay13

2018 Tennessee Volunteers In-Season Recruiting Class

:star::star::star::star: - 79 OVR - Middle Linebacker, Gerald Collier - 6'4" 242 lbs - Spindale, NC

:star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Fullback, Andre McNair - 6'2" 249 lbs - Wilmington Island, GA

:star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Defensive End, Marco Jacobs - 6'4" 250 lbs - Louisville, KY

:star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Wide Receiver, Justin Singleton - 6'5" 203 lbs - Owensboro, KY

:star::star::star: - 77 OVR - Tackle, Keith Bryant - 6'6" 294 lbs - Pacifica, CA

:star::star::star::star: - 81 OVR - Outside Linebacker, Michael Nunez - 6'5" 239 lbs - Kingston, PA

:star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Cornerback, Glenn Allen - 5'11" 164 lbs - Emmett, ID

:star::star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Athlete, Chris McLaughlin - 6'3" 207 lbs - Ocoee, FL

Last edited:

bluejay13

44ec8af037300a0d5c6d34401eefb2ed.jpg

Final Standings for the 2018 Tennessee Volunteers

- 10-3
- Capital One Bowl Champions

All-Americans:

-1st team
- Runningback SR(R) Jamil Bolden
- Defensive Tackle JR(R) LeRue Walker
- Kick Returner FR(R) Rashaun Horne

-Freshman
- Defensive Tackle FR Charlie Moore
- Offensive Center FR(R) DeAndre Bryant

All-Conference(SEC):

-1st Team
- WILL Linebacker SR(R) Shawn Mason
- Runningback SR(R) Jamil Bolden
- Defensive Tackle JR(R) LeRue Walker
- Kick Returner FR(R) Rashaun Horne

-2nd Team
- Cornerback SR(R) Jason Jones
- Quarterback SO(R) Ira Henning
- Left Offensive Tackle SR(R) Will King
- Defensive Tackle JR(R) William "Willie" Sullivan
- Kicker SO(R) Michael Wood
- Left Offensive Guard JR(R) Daniel Pierce
- Right Offensive Guard SR(R) Marcus Griffin
- Strongside Defensive End JR(R) Ryan Hall

Offensive MVP: Jamil Bolden
b55988f91311eb67314c190d7145a04d.jpg

Defensive MVP: LeRue Walker
ba57eee45866aa4d4d1fd290779aa782.jpg

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Game played: 6/24/15
Result: Cal 31 Tennessee 24
Offense:

bluejay's offense was pretty similar to last year, though he had more success running the ball this time, putting up over 200 yards on 30 some carries. He utilized more runs to the boundary this game, mostly using Jet Sweeps to do so. He also used the HB Toss out of Slot F Wing, which I thought was a good play call but my safeties just beat his RB to the edge. Out of 12 personnel sets (I think Ace Twins and Twin TE Slot Wk are the ones he likes), he loves going to QB Power. His QB is a strong runner though, so it's hard to stop even if you see it coming. Be careful of overcommitting to the pass on 3rd down, even 3rd and long. On a few 3rd downs in the second half, I made adjustments or play calls to drop 8 or 9 guys and he took advantage by running for the first down. Even though he was down 14 late, he still stuck to the run so be wary of that as he'll convert with the run game if you ignore it. Passing wise, he liked to do it out of Empty as usual. I saw a 3x2 Empty set on his first passing situation of the game and correctly predicted Flood was coming, so watch for that out of 3x2. He used a little bit more bubble this year's game as well but I was able to wrap his guys up quickly in the open field and not let them do any damage. He really limited his passing this year, I think he only threw for 70-80 yards and half of that came on a TD towards the end of the game. Opening up his passing game and using more play action could make this offense even more dangerous.

Defense:

I stay in 10 or 0 personnel almost exclusively against bluejay to combat his desire to use the 4-3 the majority of the game so his defense will likely be different against the other user in this OD. He stayed in 2-4-5 a lot and controlled either the edge LB or the DT. This helped lighten up his box, but it's still tough to run against bluejay because he does such a good job usering the DT. There was a situation where I had a 3rd and 2 against a light box and called a run figuring I'd get it, but bluejay was able to shed the block and tackle my RB a yard short. The best way to run against him, at least for me, is to get him in pass mode or mess with his assumptions. For instance, I called QB Wrap since he always has Aggressive Option Defense on. This led to a 40 yard TD run from my QB since he went with the back for 1 or 2 steps, which was enough to spring my QB. For his pass coverage, he went with a lot more man early in the game but shied away from it after the first few drives and mostly played 2 high off coverage. He did a good job playing with his edge backer, either blitzing or dropping. There was one play where I ran Shallow and I thought he was coming off the edge, but he dropped back to cover the back who I was going to throw to as my 4th read. The play didn't work out for him since I was able to scramble away for a first down but it was a really good user play to cover that RB route, something I haven't seen anyone do since Husker. It likely would've been a pick had I thrown it.

Special Teams:

My special teams has been dismal this year so bluejay became the second user in a row to take a punt back to the house on me after his returner broke a few tackles and weaved his way to a score. I was able to contain him more in the kick return game, but he's a good returner. I don't remember what distance the FG was, but his kicker has good range. bluejay's punting is good as well; he hangs the ball high in the air, which allows his coverage team to track down the returner. I would love to know how he does it, because there were at least 2 instances where I had 2 blockers in front of me and thought I could return it but his player split mine and tackled me as soon as I got the ball. I got away once for a big 40-50 yard return at the end of the half, but otherwise he kept me bottled up there.​

bluejay13

2019 Tennessee Volunteers In-Season Recruiting Class

:star::star::star: - 75 OVR - Offensive Guard, Maurice Burgess - 6'4" 312 lbs - Georgetown, SC

:star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Defensive Tackle, Jamie Brooks - 6'6" 280 lbs - Booneville, MS

:star::star::star::star::star: - 78 OVR - Athlete, Brad Wynn - 5'11" 199 lbs - Newton, NC

:star::star::star: - 73 OVR - Free Safety, Timi Williams - 6'1" 187 lbs - Mequon, WI

:star::star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Athlete, Calvin Harris - 6'0" 216 lbs - Liberty, MO

Last edited:

bluejay13

add56b7e6020f1298d596f35bcb5f9a7.jpg

Final Standings for the 2019 Tennessee Volunteers

- 11-2
- Outback Bowl Champions

All-Americans:

- 1st Team
-
Offensive Guard SR(R) Daniel Pierce
-
Defensive Tackle SR(R) LeRue Walker

- 2nd Team
-
Weakside Defensive End JR(R) Adam Lawson
-
Defensive Tackle SR(R) William "Willie" Sullivan
-
Cornerback JR Charles Russell
-
Runningback FR Dee Dee Phillips

- Freshman
-
Offensive Guard FR(R) Will Horne

All-Conference (Big Ten):

- 1st Team
-
Offensive Guard SR(R) Daniel Pierce
-
Defensive Tackle SR(R) LeRue Walker
-
Cornerback JR Charles Russell

- 2nd Team
-
Wide Receiver SO(R) Rashaun Horne
-
Quarterback JR(R) Ira Henning
-
Offensive Tackle SR(R) Tim Jones
-
Weakside Defensive End JR(R) Adam Lawson
-
Defensive Tackle SR(R) William "Willie" Sullivan
-
Runningback FR Dee Dee Phillips

Offensive MVP: Ira Henning

Statistics

Passing:
QB Rating: 226.1

Completions: 149
Attempts: 180
Completion Percentage: 82%
Yards: 2366
Touchdowns: 21
Interceptions: 5

Rushing:
Attempts: 134
Yards: 1292
Touchdowns: 18

1214a252d632fe2a048552bdbdb3d529.jpg

Defensive MVP: LeRue Walker

1397c48a42d2615c8dc971aae7a9c4a3.jpg

Last edited:

bluejay13

2020 Tennessee Volunteers In-Season Recruiting Class

:star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Athlete, Rodney Fields - 6'3" 183 lbs - Kirkland, WA

:star::star::star::star: - 73 OVR - Athlete, Andrew Barnett - 6'2" 182 lbs - Powder Springs, GA

:star::star::star::star: - 78 OVR - Cornerback, Anthony Williams - 5'11" 183 lbs - Midland, TX

:star::star::star: - 77 OVR - Offensive Tackle, Zach Brown - 6'3" 285 lbs - Jacksonville, TX

:star::star::star::star: - 75 OVR - Wide Receiver, Antwan Bellamy - 6'0" 181 lbs - Pulaski, TN

:star::star::star::star: - 78 OVR - Defensive End, Jay Johnson - 6'4" 257 lbs - Moody, AL

:star::star::star::star: - 79 OVR - Athlete, Brandon Thompson - 6'5" 239 lbs - South Gastonia, NC

:star::star::star::star: - 79 OVR - Offensive Guard, Ricky Burns - 6'1" 328 lbs - Poplar Tent, NC

:star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Quarterback, Cory Sims - 6'7" 232 lbs - Adamsville, AL

:star::star::star::star: - 76 OVR - Defensive Tackle, Wendell Thompson - 6'2" 292 lbs - Seymour, TN

Last edited:

bluejay13

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Final Standings for the 2020 Tennessee Volunteers[/BCOLOR]

8/29 - #24 USC - W 63 - 7
9/5 - @ Michigan - W 38 - 17
9/10 - #3 California - W 26 - 23
9/19 - @ Florida - W 70 - 33
9/26 - Auburn - W 38 - 26
10/3 - @ #5 Georgia - W 27 - 7
10/17 - @ South Carolina - 62 - 7
10/24 - @ Alabama - W 42 - 3
10/26 - Ole Miss - W 59 - 0
11/7 - #15 Louisville - W 59 - 17
11/14 - Kentucky - W 66 - 7
11/21 - @ Vanderbilt - W 56 - 17
12/12 Powerhouse Conference Championship Game - #2 Ohio State - L 17 - 21
1/1 Capital One Bowl - LSU W 38 - 7

Final Record: 13-1 rated #4

Team MVP: Ira Henning
7c1e0b049733e98c75bc9b3c9e8dab30.jpg

Passing:
Attempts: 213
Completions: 182
Completion Percentage: 85.4%
Yards: 2482
Touchdowns: 24
Interceptions: 5
QB Rating: 215.8

Rushing:
Attempts: 127
Yards: 1297
Touchdowns: 14
Yards per Carry: 9.82

All-Americans:

1st Team:
Offensive Center - DeAndre Bryant

2nd Team:
Will Linebacker - Jere Rivera
Mike Linebacker - DJ Heath
Weakside Defensive End - Jimmy Kirk
Offensive Guard - Michael Young
Free Safety - Derek Thompson

Freshman:
Offensive Tackle - Keith Bryant

Award Winners:

Offensive Center - DeAndre Bryant
Outland Trophy
Rimington Trophy

Recruiting Class Ranking: #8

Last edited:

bluejay13

2021 Tennessee Volunteers In-Season Recruiting Class

:star::star::star: - 79 OVR - Fullback, Wendell Mills - 6'3" 233 lbs - Richmond Heights, OH

:star::star::star::star: - 72 OVR - Offensive Tackle, Ryan Rust - 6'7" 309 lbs - Moorefield, WV

:star::star::star::star: - 79 OVR - Defensive Tackle, Sam Edwards - 6'6" 272 lbs - Tysons Corner, VA

:star::star::star::star: - 79 OVR - Offensive Tackle, George Walton - 6'5" 305 lbs - New River Station, NC

:star::star::star::star: - 81 OVR - Strong Safety, Zach Reid - 6'3" 193 lbs - Fountain Inn, SC

:star::star::star: - 71 OVR - Outside Linebacker, Nathan Morrow - 6'1" 234 lbs - Conover, NC

:star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Defensive End, Marvin Long - 6'4" 236 lbs - North Haven, CT

:star::star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Athlete, Erik Robinson - 6'0" 207 lbs - Elon College, NC

Last edited:

bluejay13

Final Standings for the 2021 Tennessee Volunteers

8/28 - USC - W 45 - 10
9/4 - @ #5 Arkansas - L 21 - 23
9/11 - California - W 59 - 16
9/18 - @ Louisville - W 41 - 7
9/25 - Arizona - W 63 - 35
10/2 - @ #7 Georgia - W 31 - 7
10/9 - @ Michigan - W 49 - 3
10/16 - @ Oklahoma - W 62 - 24
10/23 - @ Arkansas State - W 63 - 7
10/30 - @ #3 Ohio State - L 23 - 28
11/6 - #21 Nebraska - W 24 - 12
11/27 - #19 Iowa State - W 70 - 10
1/1 Fiesta Bowl - #9 Texas Tech - W 42 - 7

Final Record: 11-2 rated #6

Offensive MVP: DeAndre Bryant

44905573a471c2f3f1f01247b09a5cf1.jpg

Honors:
Outland Trophy
Rimington Trophy

Defensive MVP: DJ Heath

e16e8be9109fb5d22bace45974813bf8.jpg

Honors:
Chuck Bednarik Trophy

Recruiting Class Ranking: #1

Last edited:

bluejay13

2022 Tennessee Volunteers In-Season Recruiting Class

:star::star::star::star: - 79 OVR - Defensive Tackle, David Harrison - 6'2" 267 lbs - Roselle, IL

:star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Offensive Tackle, Tyrone Morton - 6'3" 329 lbs - Columbia, TN

:star::star::star::star: - 80 OVR - Defensive End, Terry Rhodes - 6'7" 254 lbs - Finneytown, OH

:star::star::star: - 72 OVR - Offensive Guard, Ken Hudson - 6'5" 288 lbs - Brentwood, TN

:star::star::star::star::star: - 78 OVR - Tightend, Bruce Barber - 6'3" 220 lbs - Riverton, WY

:star::star::star::star: - 81 OVR - Free Safety, Keith White - 6'2" 203 lbs - Waxahachie, TX

:star::star::star: - 71 OVR - Offensive Tackle, Kenneth Mitchell - 6'7" 291 lbs - Jupiter, FL

:star::star::star::star: - 74 OVR - Athlete, David Wiley - 6'5" 278 lbs - Valdosta, GA

:star::star::star::star: - 78 OVR - Strong Safety, Tariq Singleton - 6'2" 199 lbs - North Salt Lake, UT

:star::star::star::star::star: - 79 OVR - Athlete, Kurt Smith - 5'11" 178 lbs - Troy, NY

:star::star::star::star: - 81 OVR - Outside Linebacker, Waylon Pollock - 6'2" 234 lbs - Seagoville, TX

Last edited: