• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Rutgers @ Penn State - 8pm - BTN

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I can't wait for this game. The Big Ten, in its infinite wisdom, has made this a night game! Why should you watch this game, you say? Well, here's a list:

• For @Rutgers Mike's reactions
  • Penn State's OL (yes, that's Temple's 2 man rush sacking Hackenberg):
    temple.0.gif
  • Hackenberg is going to be the top QB picked in the NFL draft, so come for the lulz at that
  • Hackenberg's YPA is somehow 4.44, with a 48% completion %. Holy shit.
  • Will Rutgers be able to field a team that's not entirely in jail?
  • Rutgers lost to possibly the worst Power 5 team in WSU last week, giving up almost 500 yards of passing. So maybe Hackenberg will be good?

This game is going to be amazing. Someone is going to have to win this one! I have no idea how!

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
  • Rutgers lost to possibly the worst Power 5 team in WSU last week, giving up almost 500 yards of passing. So maybe Hackenberg will be good?

Kansas called.

I don't expect much from Rutgers in this one. I'll watch because I watch every game, but when your best player on both sides of the ball aren't playing you are in trouble. Plus I feel like Rutgers is starting the wrong QB.

Is this game a must win for Kyle Flood? I don't know if I'd say that, but I do think he needs to get a bowl bid to stay. Stuff I read on the Rutgers' message board makes me question the direction of the program with Flood.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Also this isn't the only night game on BTN Saturday. Pitt at Iowa is also on the network. I'm guessing eastern precincts will get RU-TTFP and the western quadrant will get Iowa. Not sure about the middle.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Probably Mike Cummings (the guy last year). 3rd to last in total offense and 15.5 PPG. Given that he was Diaco's first pick at OC, it's safe to say Diaco doesn't inspire much confidence in me regarding his ability to get it done on offense.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Probably Mike Cummings (the guy last year). 3rd to last in total offense and 15.5 PPG. Given that he was Diaco's first pick at OC, it's safe to say Diaco doesn't inspire much confidence in me regarding his ability to get it done on offense.

Eh, I don't know. Schiano's first OC was Bill Cubit. His first year Rutgers was dead last in PPG. Year 2 they were dead last in PPG. Now their may have been talent shortcomings but things got better with future OCs. At least Diaco was smart enough to make the change after 1 season.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Eh, I don't know. Schiano's first OC was Bill Cubit. His first year Rutgers was dead last in PPG. Year 2 they were dead last in PPG. Now their may have been talent shortcomings but things got better with future OCs. At least Diaco was smart enough to make the change after 1 season.

That is true. It's more than Diaco, though. UConn has had bad offenses for a decade now if not longer.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
That is true. It's more than Diaco, though. UConn has had bad offenses for a decade now if not longer.

QB play. Same problem Rutgers has had.

Also, I think when you have a HC that is really strong at one area, you need to bring in a coordinator on the other side of the ball to balance things.

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This is the worst fucking thread ever

Lightningwar

Administrator
Rutgers, who knew they ran such a shady program? It is getting so bad the rumor is Mark Schlabach is prepared to board a plane out of Tallahassee to New Jersey soon.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I really wish the Big Ten could get a refund for Rutgers and Maryland. Ugh. Michigan "gets" to play those assholes every year instead of Wisconsin, Iowa, or Nebraska. Fuck you, Delaney.

From a friend of mine who went to Penn State: "They really bring nothing to the table. It's like Delaney left PSU's fence door open and let in the neighbor's nuisance dog that occasionally comes over and shits on our lawn, leaving us to turn the hose on it whenever its owner isn't looking."

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I actually enjoy watching Maryland Football get pwnt. And they thought Friedgen was holding them back.

bruin

Friedgen got Mangino'd. Both those schools likely will never taste success like those guys brought them again.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I really wish the Big Ten could get a refund for Rutgers and Maryland. Ugh. Michigan "gets" to play those assholes every year instead of Wisconsin, Iowa, or Nebraska. Fuck you, Delaney.
Get off your high horse. Rutgers and Maryland are paying their own way by bringing a ton if basic cable subscribers between them.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Get off your high horse. Rutgers and Maryland are paying their own way by bringing a ton if basic cable subscribers between them.
But they suck....not that I don't enjoy watching shitty teams, Minnesota is terrible 9 years out of 10, but they accepted Rutgers and Maryland knowing full well they would rarely be more than cellar dwellers.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
But they suck....not that I don't enjoy watching shitty teams, Minnesota is terrible 9 years out of 10, but they accepted Rutgers and Maryland knowing full well they would rarely be more than cellar dwellers.

The whole conference sucks for the most part.Everyone said Rutgers was going to win 2 games last year and they won 8. What does that say about the rest of the conference?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Another reason to watch this game - will Hackenberg throw another pass like this?

lKOLHww.gif

Dude in the bucket hat on the sideline is great too. Prolly reliving his Uncle Rico memories and telling those around him about how he could have completed that pass.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I mean, the ball must have slipped out of his hand or something like that, but it's still hilarious.