• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Rule change thread 2066

Wolfman21

Maybe those that have been a part of this league longer than 2 seasons shouldn't have let Amsterdam become the juggernaut they are?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Maybe let me fleece myself more often and everything will be okay

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Very often OU is the only person to respond when good players are posted too I think. I posted Sanchez was aval and I got one other serious inquiry and probably one or two moronic trade offers. So I sold low on a 23-year old 3B and he'll probably have a 5 WAR next year for OU who will then trade him for another stud.

If you wanna move a player like I did with Sanchez and no one else gives you a great offer, then you just take the deal.

Wolfman21

Yup. When I offered the first overall pick, OU offered Ruiz, Peppers and to trade my next 3rd for his 2nd(which is looking like it'll move me up about 7 picks or so). Nobody else was gonna offer anything close to that and it gave me a future ACE, Ruiz hitting .900 OPS for the next 5 years at 5 million per.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Draft picks honestly suck unless they are the first 10. I keep fleecing everyone by giving away 3rds, there isn't a single good player since Don Drain to come out of the 3rd round.

This is why when people come in offering me 3rds and stuff for my actual good players I literally just type 'I pass' now, if you are offering that little of value there is no way you will actually meet the value for that player

Wolfman21

Its possible to find good players in the 3rd/4th...but you're reallllly taking a gamble. You can find good players in the back end of the first and second round. It really drops off after that.

1st round/10 picks - Starter level future.
End of 1st round - Backups/possible starter
2nd round - Backups/Utility/possible future starter
3rd-5th - Utility/Backups
6th-15th - Backups/career minor leaguers.

doh

I've got a UDFA on my WBL team who is a decent #5 SP. I've got another on my AAA who could be utility. I got some really good OFs in one draft in the 3rd/4th rounds. It's possible to get guys later in drafts.

doh

In UBL you'd get for sure good UBLers in the late 1st. Now? Not so much. But a much, much better chance finding lower round guys.