• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

[OOTP 15] Learning to Fly: A Zwolle Bluewings Story

Cornfed

Spittin' truth since '78.
Picked up OOTP 15 on Sunday night. One of the new features includes some new league. And the Honkbal Hoofdklasse (know as the Dutch Baseball League, aka DBL from here on) is one of them. I put together a logo since I wasn't going to use the real league name for this endevor.

9PKI8k6.png

I went ahead and simmed the league 20 years into the future. So the start date of this dynasty is January 1st, 2034. After then checking the league history, and deciding that the team to be was the only team without at least one title. The Zwolle Bluewings have a lifetime record of 925-878, with 4 playoff appearances (the last of which was in 2026). They finished 7th out of 8 teams in 2033 with a 38-52 record.
8PYmoaGl.png

Cornfed

After making as many moves as my stingy owner allowed...here is my Opening Day lineup. The big change is my best hitting C Francisco Ruiz is now my starting 1B, and former backup C Gustaf Dansen is now the starter.
TsIPfuN.png

Opening Day Staff, with some changes as well. Former CL Terry Mijisberg, and MR Roberto Marino have made the move from the bullpen to the rotation, joining holdovers Carlos Suarez, and Noah van Dongen.
gVeWQAA.png

Cornfed

Season 1

Ended up in 8th place with a 33-57 record. Brought in 2 new SP after having 2 decline arbitration, and trading a 3rd one who was fragile away.

2035 Pitching Staff
jzZpSMQ.png

Sandoval, and Serna were my prize off-season moves, Jimenez was already one of the top prospects in the system and now gets to prove himself in the show.

2035 Starting Lineup
seAoTOe.png

Steinissen was my in-season pickup that pushed Francisco Ruiz back to C. Gates & Gonzales are prospects getting their shot. Balderas was picked up in a trade with Alkmaar last season, and Kroger was part of the package I received for trading the fragile SP.

The owner is hoping for a .500 finish this season, and so am I. Though with the upgrades to the rotation, and in the lineup I could see us surprising the rest of the DBL too.

Cornfed

Season 2 (2035) Results
njzGv9T.png

As you can see it was quite the turn around for the Bluewings, a 46-44 season. And making the playoffs!!! Though we lost to eventual champs Eindhoven in 5 games.

DfShRXV.png

And the other highlight was CF Petro Vervoort winning the DBL batting title with a .338 average.
BIqjYm5.png

Also our fan loyalty has increased to "Above Average", and out owner gave us a new budget of $23.4 Million.

Last edited:

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
If there was an informal name for the Bluewings, I'd call them...the Wingmen. Given that they are a Dutch team, I'd imagine they would have plenty of experience in the game of baseball...and the game of love. Something.