• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Offseason

LEGEND

May have found a way to fix xp issues! I'm in a OD where users who didn't have xp are now getting it.. Including me. At end of season he forced coaching changes during coaching carousel. I kept my team but got a coach with xp.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator

Green.

mofftarkin_zps71a9ac12.jpg

LEGEND

Getting on right now. Sorry, was in Boca Raton all day and then sat in traffic for an hour (normally 20 minutes) getting home because apparently people here can't drive in the rain. You'd think they'd be used to it, it rains every god damn day.
You obviously don't know Florida! LoL

People can't drive here period! Much less in the rain.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
You obviously don't know Florida! LoL

People can't drive here period! Much less in the rain.

I'm new here but good god people need to learn to drive. I do appreciate the complete disregard for the speed limit though.

Also old people are the worst. No offense @NavyHog

LEGEND

How long you here for? Maybe we can meet up somewhere... I'm in Miami but work a bit south of Boca

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Hold the phone, apparently the position change penalty from QB to HB does NOT occur during the offseason. Well now that changes some things. He would go from a 96 OVR (likely to be 99) QB to an 84 (likely to be ~88) HB. I technically have the QB depth to do it, my backup(s) are 82 and 80 OVR before training and are both very capable passers and luckily the CPU redshirted the 80 OVR guy last season automatically so he's just a RS FR.

Hmmm something to think about.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Green.

It has officially been decided, former backup quarterback Herbert Poland will be taking the Braxton Miller path his Senior year, moving from QB to Tailback. Goes from 96 to 84 pre-training but I think it is worth it, gives me a legitimate playmaker at HB that otherwise I would not have had. Was not looking forward to having a low-80s OVR starter at HB with 88 SPD with a mid-70s OVR backup with less speed.

In my offense, I need my best player at Tailback where I can control his carries. Seems like everyone plays games with my QBs and I can never dictate their carries with option, this lets me determine how and when he gets the ball. Really glad that the off-season position changes don't ruin athleticism ratings like in-season depth chart changes do. With an off-season of training, he should be nearly 90 OVR and if you ignore the ~18 point awareness dip you could probably do +3 to that for pure skill. Awareness for QB and HB don't matter at all. He's not a perfect HB, no juke or spin ratings, but that's okay. Lengthens my HB corps now the ~80 OVR slower JR is a change of pace power back not the primary ball carrier.

What made this easier is the RS FR QB on roster. Currently 80 OVR, but that is entirely because of a 53 AWR rating. I went through and created all 3 QB with their same skills but equal (90) awareness and he jumps from 80 OVR to 94 OVR. Skill wise he's probably dead even with the other guy, much better passer which is what I need.

Things are looking up. Defense still blows but no one needs defense when they have points.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
By the way, will likely be cutting the following CPU recruited players:

Dave Johnson (QB)
Brett Miles (HB)
Freddie Wallace (HB)
Michael Henderson (HB)
Nate Williams (C)
Sonny Hayes (RG)
Lance Spurlock (DE)
Josh Jones (DE)
Jason Dukes (MLB)
Aaron White (SS)

I'm not sure if the CPU will let me cut all of these guys because some of them may put me under minimum limits but I'm going to try.

LEGEND

How long you here for? Maybe we can meet up somewhere... I'm in Miami but work a bit south of Boca

Or maybe not... Since you completely ignored my questions. LoL

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Or maybe not... Since you completely ignored my questions. LoL

Oops missed it in my haste to get stuff done. I'm not totally sure, I'm back and forth between here and Lincoln and a few other places through October, after that I have no clue. Everything is pretty much day to day with me at this point. I've been on 10 flights in the last month. Kind of glad to have some NCAA to distract.

Walter323

I feel like I always ask this but at what stage do I need to be on the console to adjust the conferences

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Green. Cut everyone on the list above except the QB, game wouldn't let me cut him.

Had some pretty big training jumps. The RS FR QB jumped from 80 to 86, ignore the AWR and that's a beast QB. The QB moved to HB didn't improve much at all, 86 to 88 but he has the athleticism where it counts. 94 ELU, good vision and stiff arm, 88 BTK. Made a good decision. I'm going to play him at QB some still too.

Oddly enough, last year's impact back went from 80 to 85 and up big in some athleticism. Will be a good backup. Some other good pieces, that 6'6" 88 OVR 93 SPD WR wll be useful. The rest of the WRs are eh. Only 3 of them are worthy of seeing the field, none of the 3 over 90 SPD. Taller possession types but that's about it. The TE went up huge though, +5 to 84 but he'll be great. Will be a good 4th WR if necessary but going to feature him big time. OL is fairly solid. 84 OVR T on each end, neither are Seniors. 97 OVR G and 93 OVR C. One of the two backup C will play LG.

Defense is just whatever. A lot of youth that will be good in a season or two but this year it is going to be rough. A solid DE that is 88 SPD but that's about it. Only 2 LB I'd trust to play, not sure how I'm going to work that out, I really don't want to run a 425 because I have no SS and only 3 CB. FS is good, kicking game is good, that's all I've got.

I'm a bit away from competing at a high level. Offense has no depth, defense is too young. When the defense gets good in a year or two, the best offensive players will have graduated.