• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Offseason Proposals

Should we bump up recruiting points? 8 or 9 game conference schedule?

• Yes, change the recruiting points allowed to 6 or more.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but allow for teams to recruit ESPN 150 recruits in neighboring states.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, don't change recruiting at all.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Keep the 8 game schedule and divisions as they are.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Keep the 8 game schedule, but alter protected rivals and/or divisions.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Move to a 9 game schedule (no protected rivals).

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Post any offseason proposals for rule changes, realignment, etc. here. I have a couple.

1) Recruiting changes. Now that everyone is getting XP, I think we should bump up points spent on recruiting to 6-8. It's annoying to get beat on recruits by CPU teams that really have no business competing with you for guys (it's ODU for me) because you can't put more than 500 a week on a recruit or your visits are worth crap. Or we could shift the recruiting rule from pipelines only for top players to pipelines and neighboring states, etc. But I think bumping up points is the best option now that everyone is on equal footing.

2) Division realignment/conference games. I think we should bump up the amount of conference games played or change the cross-division rivalries. As it stands, we're at 8 conference games a year with cross-division rivalries. I'm not sure whose cross-division rival everyone has, but I get Miami every year. I would much rather play UVA or Wake or just add another conference game to increase the chances of getting UVA, WF, or UNC rather than beat the snot out of Miami every year. I haven't played Walter once at VT. NC State and UNC haven't played in forever. There are a couple of ways we could fix this.

New divisions:

Atlantic: Cincinnati, Nebraska, Northwestern, Wake, Clemson, Tennessee (I would say add Duke back)
Coastal: Virginia, Virginia Tech, NC State, UNC, FSU, Miami

or

Atlantic: VT, Wake, Cincy, Northwestern, FSU, Miami
Coastal: UVA, NCSU, UNC, Nebraska, Clemson, Duke

New cross-division rivals:

By (some) actual rivalries: UVA-VT, NCSU-UNC, Nebraska-Northwestern, Wake-Cincy, FSU-Clemson, Miami-Duke
By (some) user rivalries: VT-Wake, UVA-Cincy, NCSU-UNC, Nebraska, Northwestern, FSU-Clemson, Miami-Duke

Moving to a 9 game schedule (removing all protected rivals).

Best option to me looks like keeping the 8 game schedule, shifting the divisions a little, and changing the protected rivals. There are only a few real rivalries that need to be protected, so with the right divisions and rivals, most of them will be intact. So something like:

Atlantic
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Cincinnati
Northwestern
FSU
Miami

Coastal
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Wake Forest
Nebraska
Clemson
Duke

Protected rivalries: UVA-UNC, VT-Wake, Cincy-NCSU, Nebraska-Northwestern, FSU-Clemson, Miami-Duke
If we moved to 9 games, I think it should be:

Atlantic
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Northwestern
FSU
Miami

Coastal
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Cincinnati
Nebraska
Clemson
Duke

I like the 9 game option a lot, too. Thoughts?

@Walter323 @NavyHog @bluejay13 @Flanntastic @Dakota2147 @SandS2910 @LEGEND

Walter323

I may be speaking for only myself, but I enjoy the challenge of the recruiting restrictions. Yes it sucks to lose to those small schools but in theory it evens the playing field out.
I would be fine bumping up the XP to allow more total points if that is what everyone wants.
I know the pipeline rule can be a pain the the ass, but it adds another layer of difficulty to this OD and makes it different.

I'm all for changing up the divisions and rivalries. No idea what is the best way to do it .
Just curious, what needs to change in order to get 9 conf games?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I may be speaking for only myself, but I enjoy the challenge of the recruiting restrictions. Yes it sucks to lose to those small schools but in theory it evens the playing field out.
I would be fine bumping up the XP to allow more total points if that is what everyone wants.
I know the pipeline rule can be a pain the the ass, but it adds another layer of difficulty to this OD and makes it different.

I'm all for changing up the divisions and rivalries. No idea what is the best way to do it .
Just curious, what needs to change in order to get 9 conf games?

Yeah, I don't mean to portray it like I'm bitching about the recruiting. I like the added difficulty and would definitely want to keep the pipeline rule if we bumped up the points.

During the Custom Conferences stage, go into the ACC rules and turn off protected rivals.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I would like to keep the recruiting as is for the same reasons that the commish mentioned. Also it would be a pain in the ass if we wanted to bump up XP. I have only the 3 XP I was giving when I rejoined. I would have to quit and rejoin again, and @Walter323 would have to bump it up - all with the fear that it wouldn't take and you would have half the league at 0 again.

I'm good with any sort of conference restructuring as long as we still have a CC game.

Walter323

for scheduling and divisions how about this for an option

take the end of the year rankings and split up the conf.
for example this would be next season(going off of current rankings)

Atlantic
#1 virginia
#6 Va Tech
#7 NC State
NR Northwestern

Coastal
#3 Wake
#4 UNC
#9 Cincy
#10 Nebraska

LEGEND

I would like points boosted but if it's going to cause a problem then leave it! Contrary to everyone's belief... I do recruit! Somehow every season I start off strong and get a big lead.. Only to watch cpu schools somehow catch and over take me... Smh! I've been over 2000 pts up and lost guys... Or go into off-season with more than half not signed.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

SandS2910

Atlantic
#1 virginia
#6 Va Tech
#7 NC State
NR Northwestern

Coastal
#3 Wake
#4 UNC
#9 Cincy
#10 Nebraska
Guys, I would like to stay in this dynasty but it takes me 7-8 times to get into it. I don't have the same problem with MAC dynasty. Its the update that freezes and I go to download it B4 loading the dynasty but it still happens. Very annoying.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
We should just put us all in my division so we play everybody round robin and screw the cc game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Atlantic
#1 virginia
#6 Va Tech
#7 NC State
NR Northwestern

Coastal
#3 Wake
#4 UNC
#9 Cincy
#10 Nebraska

It looks like the ACC (along with the SEC) is stuck with 8 conference games regardless of protected rivals being on or off because of how the game is programmed. We could do a promotion and relegation system if everyone really wants to, but I'd rather not because it fucks with the cross division matchups. For example, bluejay had to play me on the road two years in a row because we added Northwestern. Looking at the last 3 years (when I had my first full season at VT and LEGEND and Dakota joined), I got some pretty good divisions. I assumed everyone will win their bowls this year.

UVA: 37-4 (.902)
WF: 34-6 (.850)
UNC: 32-7 (.820)
Cincy: 32-7 (.820)
VT: 34-8 (.809)
Nebraska: 29-10 (.743)
NC State: 28-11 (.717)
Northwestern 3-9 (.250)

I split it up by evens and odds, with slight alterations. I gave myself a bump over Flann, because I've won the division all three years and beat him three times, and gave Dakota a bump over LEGEND, because Dakota inherited a way worse situation and has been improving each season whereas Nebraska declined this year. So divisions would be:

Atlantic: UVA, UNC, Cincy, Nebraska, Clemson, Duke
Coastal: WF, VT, NCSU, Northwestern, FSU, Miami

Cross division rivals: UVA-VT, UNC-NCSU, WF-Cincy, Nebraska-Northwestern, FSU-Clemson, Miami-Duke.

I think this is the best option. They preserve the vast majority of rivalries (UNC-UVA, WF-NCSU, UVA-VT, UNC-Duke, VT-Miami, UNC-NCSU), give us the best user matchups (Navy and Flann like playing each other, Dakota has played me and bluejay really tight the last three years, bluejay and I like facing off), and are really even. Just using the rankings from this year, the average ranking of the user team in the Atlantic is 6. The average user ranking in the Coastal is 5.3 (excluding Sands).

We could do round robin like Flann said, but I think most people would rather keep the CCG.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Guys, I would like to stay in this dynasty but it takes me 7-8 times to get into it. I don't have the same problem with MAC dynasty. Its the update that freezes and I go to download it B4 loading the dynasty but it still happens. Very annoying.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this for @SandS2910

Also I recommend you pick another team. Texas was a really loaded user team and I bet they still have a lot of talent.

SandS2910

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this for @SandS2910

Also I recommend you pick another team. Texas was a really loaded user team and I bet they still have a lot of talent.
Texas is ok but we'll have to see if it still happens when I change teams.

Walter323

It looks like the ACC (along with the SEC) is stuck with 8 conference games regardless of protected rivals being on or off because of how the game is programmed. We could do a promotion and relegation system if everyone really wants to, but I'd rather not because it fucks with the cross division matchups. For example, bluejay had to play me on the road two years in a row because we added Northwestern. Looking at the last 3 years (when I had my first full season at VT and LEGEND and Dakota joined), I got some pretty good divisions. I assumed everyone will win their bowls this year.

UVA: 37-4 (.902)
WF: 34-6 (.850)
UNC: 32-7 (.820)
Cincy: 32-7 (.820)
VT: 34-8 (.809)
Nebraska: 29-10 (.743)
NC State: 28-11 (.717)
Northwestern 3-9 (.250)

I split it up by evens and odds, with slight alterations. I gave myself a bump over Flann, because I've won the division all three years and beat him three times, and gave Dakota a bump over LEGEND, because Dakota inherited a way worse situation and has been improving each season whereas Nebraska declined this year. So divisions would be:

Atlantic: UVA, UNC, Cincy, Nebraska, Clemson, Duke
Coastal: WF, VT, NCSU, Northwestern, FSU, Miami

Cross division rivals: UVA-VT, UNC-NCSU, WF-Cincy, Nebraska-Northwestern, FSU-Clemson, Miami-Duke.

I think this is the best option. They preserve the vast majority of rivalries (UNC-UVA, WF-NCSU, UVA-VT, UNC-Duke, VT-Miami, UNC-NCSU), give us the best user matchups (Navy and Flann like playing each other, Dakota has played me and bluejay really tight the last three years, bluejay and I like facing off), and are really even. Just using the rankings from this year, the average ranking of the user team in the Atlantic is 6. The average user ranking in the Coastal is 5.3 (excluding Sands).

We could do round robin like Flann said, but I think most people would rather keep the CCG.
FYI this is the option I went with

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
FYI this is the option I went with

yuDHsLd.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
We need to go back to 5 QBA. Every single user had a completion percentage of 68% or greater. We had 5 QBs at 70% or above. There were 2 QBs in all of college football that posted completion percentages of 70% or higher last year and the highest was 70.9%. There were QBs at 81%, 76%, 74%, and 72% this year. It's goofy.

Walter323

We need to go back to 5 QBA. Every single user had a completion percentage of 68% or greater. We had 5 QBs at 70% or above. There were 2 QBs in all of college football that posted completion percentages of 70% or higher last year and the highest was 70.9%. There were QBs at 81%, 76%, 74%, and 72% this year. It's goofy.
What about decreasing catching?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I would prefer to bring down QBA and catching.

And we should wait like one more season on the reboot, the guys at Operation Sports are almost done with the 17-18 rosters.

Walter323

I would prefer to bring down QBA and catching.

And we should wait like one more season on the reboot, the guys at Operation Sports are almost done with the 17-18 rosters.

If we do reboot once the new rosters are done, any thoughts of doing a PAC 12 league? We have been on the east for quite some time now

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If we do reboot once the new rosters are done, any thoughts of doing a PAC 12 league? We have been on the east for quite some time now

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was thinking we could do a two conference league like we used to have so we're more likely to get a user-user title game, we can control the number of user games easier, and people get better bowl slots. So Pac-12/Big 12 or Pac-12/SEC or Pac-12/B1G. Anything is fine by me. I'd also like to run this one if you don't mind?

Walter323

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was thinking we could do a two conference league like we used to have so we're more likely to get a user-user title game, we can control the number of user games easier, and people get better bowl slots. So Pac-12/Big 12 or Pac-12/SEC or Pac-12/B1G. Anything is fine by me. I'd also like to run this one if you don't mind?
Fine by me. Wife is due in a few weeks so I won't have as much time this summer

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I would like to play with Arkansas if we did SEC/PAC 12.

We haven't done SEC in a long time.

FYI am retiring in couple months and moving back to Arkansas so I am going to be likely out for a month or two between moving, house hunting, etc.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Wasn't the last one where we picked any team? I guess there were 3 SEC teams, though.

@SandS2910, which team/conference would you want if we rebooted?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
How long until new rosters are out?

They have everybody pre-spring games done, now they're going through it to finalize it.

I downloaded it for an offline dynasty and they're pretty good, but there are still some players who declared for the draft in the game.

LEGEND

If it goes back to 5 QBA I'll just bow out. I know you guy's love it.. I hate it! Yeah guys are putting up good completion percenages but games are more fun and realistic to me. With 5 QBA games feel like lobby ball with all the hitches and screens.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I can bring down catching first and see how it goes.

So:

SEC - Arkansas, TAMU, Mizzou (?)
Pac-12 - Colorado, ASU, Furd/Zona

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
FWIW

The thing about 5 is it's harder to find people that will stick it out. It's hard regardless, but with 5 it's really hard.

I personally like 5, but I hate all the bitching about it. It's ridiculous that @bruin228 only punted 5 times (IDK my stats, but it's probably equally ridiculous). With 5 you get some random throws, but guess what that is what you see in real FB too.