• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Symbolic third place for Loyola Basketball. Job's done Ramblin Men. Now, time for Fab Four Redemption.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Someone post the results to last night's game whenever I go down one of my weird rabbit holes where I end up posting that the Pac 12 should take Kansas just because of their basketball team

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This is going about as well as could be expected for Michigan, and they’re still down 2. Jesus.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I was listening on radio on the way home. Wtf is that annoying car horn noise?? Is that seriously the arena horn for subs and shit?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Brunson playing like shit, but Michigan just had Wagner matched with Brunson and didn't go ther for some reason. Michigan doing a lot of dumb things while this Italian is having the game of his life

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan basically does not post up. This is how they always play. Their offense just isn’t good enough to keep up with two below average shooters starting and no great shooters really.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Michigan basically does not post up. This is how they always play. Their offense just isn’t good enough to keep up with two below average shooters starting and no great shooters really.

I've seen that, which is weird since they have Wagner but it's Beilein so whatever. But even with that when Wagner gets a 6'0 PG on him you'd think they'd try to exploit that.

Hike

güero
I was listening on radio on the way home. Wtf is that annoying car horn noise?? Is that seriously the arena horn for subs and shit?
I was driving home and thought I got honked at three separate times before I figured out it was from the broadcast.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I've seen that, which is weird since they have Wagner but it's Beilein so whatever. But even with that when Wagner gets a 6'0 PG on him you'd think they'd try to exploit that.

Doesn’t matter now. They’re going to have to shoot 3s to match Nova to have any chance.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Doesn’t matter now. They’re going to have to shoot 3s to match Nova to have any chance.

They will lose every time if they do that. Only way they win is if Wagner doesn't get tired and he gets the all the Villanovans into foul trouble

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
When they were going inside and the game was choppy they were up or the game was close. Game started flowing and they were trading 3 point attempts and Nova ends up ahead 14. That's what Nova wants.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Nova is shooting 30% from 3, and is taking less than half of its shots from 3. That's fine. Michigan is contesting everyone's 3s but DiVincenzo's essentially. Michigan just cannot keep up, no matter what their offense looks like, if they're hitting 15% from 3. Doesn't matter what shots Nova takes.

But yeah, more post ups!

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's not too late for the post ups. Michican is shooting 15% from 3 so they can chuck with 8 minutes left just as effectively

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Got Brunson out now, he's replaced by some random white guy. Paschall and Spellman are one away from 4. That's why you go inside right now while you're still in striking distance

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Except Nova still has 3 or 4 guys on the court that shoots the 3 around 40%. Nova win will this game if they continue shooting 3s and hitting them at their normal rate if Michigan is only getting 2s.

Kansas scored on 5 straight possessions in the last game and ended up down by 2 more points. That’s the problem. 3 > 2

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Nova literally just proved me right in that sequence. Let’s see who is still arguing that Michigan needs to get more 2s...

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah if Nova hits every shot they'll win, but Michigan can't hit 3s so if they keep trying they won't score anymore. So either they lose by 40 or they roll the dice and hope Italian doesn't do what he just did. He did so they lose.

But the play was never to keep shooting the shot they're shooting 15% :laughing:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Nova literally just proved me right in that sequence. Let’s see who is still arguing that Michigan needs to get more 2s...

I'm not sure how you're watching this and still arguing that Michigan should shoot more 3s. Everytime they get the ball in the paint something good happens and every time they shoot outside the paint it's a negative possession

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, Michigan definitely shot 15% from 3 all year...

They needed to hit above their season averages in 3s and instead they’re way below it. They had one good shooting game in the tournament, after 4 good ones in the BTT. It’s a miracle they made the final with this group of shooters.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, Michigan definitely shot 15% from 3 all year...

They needed to hit above their season averages in 3s and instead they’re way below it. They had one good shooting game in the tournament, after 4 good ones in the BTT. It’s a miracle they made the final with this group of shooters.

Tonight. Tonight you said they are shooting 15%, I took your word for it becuase it looks that way. What I was getting at when this started is that this whole game they have had positive possessions when they've got inside the paint and the game has gone their way when they've played to that strength but they continually go away from it for long stretches. When Italian is hitting like he is I don't think anything is going to matter outside of him fouling out 10 minutes ago so the point is mute, but they're still not out of it and multiple Villinova guys are close to fouling out if the Michigan guys just attack the basket every single possession from here on out.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'm not sure how you're watching this and still arguing that Michigan should shoot more 3s. Everytime they get the ball in the paint something good happens and every time they shoot outside the paint it's a negative possession

Because the lead is staying the same or growing for Nova the entire time Michigan is getting easy buckets in the paint! The only way Michigan could win this game is by shooting well from 3. Yeah, they have a better shot of keeping it closer if they go for easy 2s, but who gives a shit?

Do yourself a favor and read up about basketball game theory and analytics, dude. You’re arguing for the second worst type of shot - post ups - against a team that will get 3s while you’re fucking around with bad 2s.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Because the lead is staying the same or growing for Nova the entire time Michigan is getting easy buckets in the paint! The only way Michigan could win this game is by shooting well from 3. Yeah, they have a better shot of keeping it closer if they go for easy 2s, but who gives a shit?

Do yourself a favor and read up about basketball game theory and analytics, dude. You’re arguing for the second worst type of shot - post ups - against a team that will get 3s while you’re fucking around with bad 2s.

lol we're talking about one game not basketball theory. Michigan can't execute that type of gameplan tonight so why even attempt it? They can't hit 3s but the paint is working and they have multiple key players on the other team in foul trouble so they should have worked that instead.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
God damn, this is like arguing with someone who says Michigan needs to crash the glass more.

They’ve taken 49 shots tonight, 20 are from 3. They normally take 42% of their shots from 3 and make 36% from 3. So they’re below their season average here in % if shots from 3! They’re doing what you want them to do and they’re getting crushed.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
God damn, this is like arguing with someone who says Michigan needs to crash the glass more.

They’ve taken 49 shots tonight, 20 are from 3. They normally take 42% of their shots from 3 and make 36% from 3. So they’re below their season average here in % if shots from 3! They’re doing what you want them to do and they’re getting crushed.

I'll just chalk this up to it being Michigan in the game and you being a fan. You keep getting hung up on weird semantics and talking about basketball theory which make no sense given that I'm talking about strategy that only pertains to this game. We can just agree they were going to lose no matter what

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The thing about a Superb Owl shamp and a national basketball shamp being from the same city is the most useless stat

How many Nashnul teams are in Chapel Hill, Durham, Lexington, Bloomington, and Storrs? No shit it never happened before. The only real chance for crossover was UCLA and the Rams/Raiders.