• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
When Minnesota gets a 5 and Wisconsin gets an 8 after beating MN twice and finishing better in conference:

cwPWIWu.gif

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Wisconsin definitely got jobbed too.

Can't wait for that faggot Boeheim whine his way to the NIT

Brick

Love Oregon's draw despite the 3 seed. Winner of Creighton and Rhode Island? How does Creighton get a 6 with the way they finished? Louisville has to face either Michigan or Oklahoma State. Rough second round game.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Really hope Wichita beats Kentucky as vengeance for Kentucky beating them as a 1 seed. That Kentucky team being an 8 seed was ridiculous

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Got damn, I'm annoyed at the committee. Michigan wins 4 games in 4 days, pushing their record to 12-3 in March and February. Their reward is the 24th ranked KenPom team in Oklahoma State. And then Louisville is probably the worst matchup as a 2 seed for Michigan. Bleh. Big Ten tournament win is a good season, but I thought they'd be really dangerous in the real tournament, too. Doesn't seem like it now.

JAR201166

Got damn, I'm annoyed at the committee. Michigan wins 4 games in 4 days, pushing their record to 12-3 in March and February. Their reward is the 24th ranked KenPom team in Oklahoma State. And then jsu probably the worst matchup as a 2 seed for Michigan. Bleh. Big Ten tournament win is a good season, but I thought they'd be really dangerous in the real tournament, too. Doesn't seem like it now.
Fixed

NML

Six of kenpom's top nine will face off in the second round (assuming they don't lose in round one). Zaga(1)/WVU(5), Flawda(9)/Virgina(7), Kentucky(4)/Witchita(8).

I liked WVU's chances of the Elite 8 until they drew Gonzaga as their 1. I think if they beat ISU they get to be a 3 and the road is much easier.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Pretty sure a 4 and 1 can't meet until the sweet 16. But yeah, the committee's seeding was insane. They were just completely lying about using KenPom. They were still relying on idiotic RPI.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
And they play Dayton, because of course. Happened in 03 against Tulsa as well.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Other dumb seedings:

Saint Mary's a 7 (14 in KenPom)
Minnesota a 5 (33 in KenPom)
Arizona a 2 (20 in KenPom)
Wisconsin an 8 (23 in KenPom)
Oklahoma State a 10 (24 in KenPom)

The committee has no idea how to handle good mid-major teams (Wichita State and Saint Mary's) or major teams with resumes that fall apart under closer scrutiny (Minnesota, Arizona).

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Other dumb seedings:

The committee has no idea how to handle good mid-major teams (Wichita State and Saint Mary's) or major teams with resumes that fall apart under closer scrutiny (Minnesota, Arizona).
Honestly I think Minnesota actually has a strong resume, just not 5 seed strong. Only 2 bad losses (Penn State, Ohio State) and road wins at Purdue, Northwestern, and Maryland. I wouldn't say it "falls apart" but they should've been a 6 or 7.

I think Minnesota just looks bad because Wisconsin is an 8 for some dumb reason.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
To me, Minnesota's resume looks almost exactly the same at Michigan's or Wisconsin's. Yet they're a 5 while the other two are a 7 and 8. Doesn't make sense, unless you're looking at RPI.

EDIT: I'm also annoyed because TV Teddy caused a 4 point swing in the Michigan-Minnesota game with a ridiculous technical foul on the bench. And, honestly, that's probably the difference which Michigan getting to a 6 seed.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
To me, Minnesota's resume looks almost exactly the same at Michigan's or Wisconsin's. Yet they're a 5 while the other two are a 7 and 8. Doesn't make sense, unless you're looking at RPI.

EDIT: I'm also annoyed because TV Teddy caused a 4 point swing in the Michigan-Minnesota game with a ridiculous technical foul on the bench. And, honestly, that's probably the difference which Michigan getting to a 6 seed.
Right but I think Wisconsin(2-3 seeds) and Michigan(1-2) were under seeded while Minnesota was only probably 1 seed too high. If Wisconsin was also a 5 and Michigan was a 6, it may have looked a little high but not as ridiculous as it does now.

Brick

Other dumb seedings:

Arizona lost 4 games all year, and their "worst" loss is to #4 seed and kenpom #26 Butler. They're hardly under-seeded. The Pac-12 is probably the worst major conference this year, but there are 32 conferences in D1 and it's not the Big Sky or something. I do value teams who beat who they should, especially in a 34 game season. Two teams have better records than them in the country.

Wisconsin is 4-6 in their past 10 games. I love kenpom's ratings and they're a superior system to every metric I've seen, but they don't give enough weight to wins or recency as I'd like. Virginia is #7? They've lost 7 of their last 13 games. There are 8 teams ranked above Arizona that have double their number of losses or more.

Oklahoma State, St. Mary's, and Wichita make little sense.

Last edited:

Brick

I keep looking at Syracuse's schedule and cackling at these fools. They lost to #160 Boston College on the road by 15. They lost at home to #94 St. John's by 33. They lost 12 other games. Of course you're going to have a handful of "quality wins" when you play good teams all of the time. They have no business being anywhere near the tournament.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I keep looking at Syracuse's schedule and cackling at these fools. They lost to #160 Boston College on the road by 15. They lost at home to #94 St. John's by 33. They lost 12 other games. Of course you're going to have a handful of "quality wins" when you play good teams all of the time. They have no business being anywhere near the tournament.

Same as last year when they ended up getting hot and winning 3 or 4 games. Lawd.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Dayton really fucked theirselfs by losing to god damn Davidson in the first round of the A10 tourney. As of a few days ago they were a 6.5 point dog at a virtual home game as the 7 seed.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Are you in the ballroom at a Marriott?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Farrell looks like a 40 year old man