• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Monsieur Manager FC Sochaux Dynasty

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Preseason Preview 2022-2023 - Note: I am using fake players/names because OOTP hooked me on THE SIM being more fun than reel life.

After thoroughly reviewing THE SQUAD, I decided on a boring 4-2-3-1 formation because that's what best fit the personnel and depth we have - especially our plethora of attacking midfield options. I don't have enough good CB options and only have one Striker. I don't have enough transfer/wage budget to purchase good young players at these positions, so I'll be looking to bring in loans of free transfers to fill these holes. Below is my 2-deep depth chart and I put the best U21/Youth player in the 3rd slot. The best youth player on the team is a 16 year old ST prospect named HUGO. Overall I like the quality and depth of the squad and I have a great looking youth system with tons of U21 players that should make for a bright future.

I fiddled around with the wage/transfer budget balance and I have about 100k in transfer budget going into the season with about $350k in remaining wage budget (total wage budget of $6.5M). I was pleased to see that there aren't any stupid or ridiculous contracts and the club is already operating on a good looking wage scale with better players making more money! I'll plan on letting some of the older players play out their contracts, but there isn't anyone I absolutely need to sell. I do have plenty of options at winger/attacking midfielder, so if I get offers in I might sell one of them.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
GOALKEEPERS:

I'm really happy with this position, the starter, the squad depth, the youth, and the salaries are all just right. Allan Gerard is a "Good Player for Most Ligue 2 sides" and has the potential to improve into a "Decent Ligue 1 GK." His wage is decent and the backup GK is also serviceable and on good wages. 19-year old Yacine Brion and 18 year old Dominik Jakubiak have good promise for the future with 4.5 star potential and then I have another 16 year old youngster SEBASTIEN who also has 4.5 star potential and a couple other dudes with 4 star. I'll loan out Yacine and and Dominik this year and may sell whichever one doesn't progress as well.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
CENTRAL DEFENDERS

As I mentioned in the pre-season preview, CB was the weakest spot on the team. I only had two barely starting CBs and then a CDM who can play CB in a pinch. I went out and got two players in on loan - both with options to buy if things go well. They were both available on good deals where their clubs pay a portion of their wages, so I was able to sign both for the full year for about the same price as a single starter. Mathis Beyrac is one of the most expensive contracts on the team and as a CDM he doesn't really fit into my tactic, but he does have the versatility to play both CM and CB so he'll be nice to have this year. I'll let him walk at the end of the year when his contract is up. Zakaria Said and Rudy Chollet are both heading into the prime of their careers and are decent players for Ligue 2 and could be serviceable backup players if I get promoted. They are both on good wages, at least but probably don't factor into the long term future if we get promoted. My youth prospects are fine for Ligue 2, but probably won't make a Ligue 1 team, so I'll have to bring in some better talent in the future. Atangana and Arnal are both going out on loan this year and hopefully they improve enough to be backups. Johan Viral has good ratings for a 16 year old and 4.5 star potential, so he's really the only one worth watching on our squad. If Bruno Buitard meshes well and has a good season I may look to exercise the transfer option on his loan - but the price is $2.3 M which is more than half of my projected transfer budget for next year. If he plays and develops well this season he could still be worth it! Manuel has a $600k option - but he's already 25 and I'm not sure he'd be good enough for the future.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
LEFT BACK

I was super pleased to an awesome setup at Left Back - because it's often really hard for me to find good left backs. Toure and Haas are a really nice starting quality pair in the prime of their careers and both have enough potential to be Ligue 1 players as well. Both of them have good defending and work rates. Hass is the better technical player and has better crossing, but Toure is a lot faster. The YOUTHS area also good - planning to loan out Rober Regnier the 18 year old with 5 star potential and then I also have a 16 year old with 4.5 star potential who will stay with the club

Toure is from Senegal but is uncommitted to the national team - Mr. Manager might have to change that!

Attachments

• 1690076168589.png
    1690076168589.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Knowing the Current Ability. Star Ratings. BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Monsieur Manager needs to learn how to play using just the stats.

099f4de9871c30e8273a6f6f26468c25.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That's cool that you are playing stats only - I do utilize stats as well once I have enough stats to work with - I start looking around the winter transfer window to find players who are just unlucky (goals or assists way below expected) to see if I can pick someone up for value. I thought about going with one of those FULL STATS skins, but honestly reel life footbaw managers get to look at actual scouting databases (and FOOTBAW MANAGER!). For the CA rating, I calculate it based off my ASS CORCH's ratings - it might not be quite the exact CA rating because I think there is some footedness or multiple position modifiers that I don't care about. The positional ratings that I calculate are honestly the most useful. 12+ at a positional rating should be a solid Ligue 2 player but I really want 13 or even 14 for Ligue 1.

STARZ seem pointless because they are relative to ur team so it gets depressing to watch STARZ drop because ur team gets better overal... but everyone who has played footbaw manager can relate. I play with fake players, attribute masking and I don't control scouts other than to request recruitment focuses, that way I can't just go sign all the best young players at least. I have to wait for my dummy scouts to go bring them to me, lol. That seems plenty realistic to me!

I do like the Ironiy that I'm playing #SPREADSHEETS AND EMAIL MANAGER 23 in order to decompress from work...

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
RIGHT BACK

Another position with two solid starters, but they are both pretty long in the tooth and I will likely let their contracts expire. I have 19 year old SALMON - which is a fun name, as the best U21 prospect and I'm planning to loan him out this year. A couple of 4 star potential 16 year olds are also on the squad and one of them has pretty good ratings for his age.

Here is a good example of where I probably wouldn't listen to the CA. OGER has a better CA rating because he has better all around stats, but I think Keita is quite a bit better for the position, and that is reflected in his FB (A) rating. He's the superior technical player, he's better defensively, he has better speed, etc. They are both starter quality!

That being said.... OGER looks a bit like @kella and the name is great, so he'll probably get the starting nod anyway, lol.

goblue96

That's cool that you are playing stats only - I do utilize stats as well once I have enough stats to work with - I start looking around the winter transfer window to find players who are just unlucky (goals or assists way below expected) to see if I can pick someone up for value. I thought about going with one of those FULL STATS skins, but honestly reel life footbaw managers get to look at actual scouting databases (and FOOTBAW MANAGER!). For the CA rating, I calculate it based off my ASS CORCH's ratings - it might not be quite the exact CA rating because I think there is some footedness or multiple position modifiers that I don't care about. The positional ratings that I calculate are honestly the most useful. 12+ at a positional rating should be a solid Ligue 2 player but I really want 13 or even 14 for Ligue 1.

STARZ seem pointless because they are relative to ur team so it gets depressing to watch STARZ drop because ur team gets better overal... but everyone who has played footbaw manager can relate. I play with fake players, attribute masking and I don't control scouts other than to request recruitment focuses, that way I can't just go sign all the best young players at least. I have to wait for my dummy scouts to go bring them to me, lol. That seems plenty realistic to me!

I do like the Ironiy that I'm playing #SPREADSHEETS AND EMAIL MANAGER 23 in order to decompress from work...

Same with the youth intake previews. My most recent preview is all Ds and Fs because my first team is very good.

The FM generated CA/PA does use footedness and versatility in its calculation.

If you want to try the skin that I use, let me know and I'll email it to you. The creator got all pissy, today, at some guy on SI boards when they asked for the fourth or fifth time publicity and many more times via DM translated into another language so they could use it. As a result, the creator took the download link down.

It does have an attribute panel if you click the arrows on the top center panel but it's that way on purpose so people don't depend on it.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Central Midfielder

I have a couple of different archetypes for CMs but they tend to be at least interchangeable because some of the players are just good enough all around to play several different roles. I show their ratings in BWM (D), BBM (SU) and DLP (SU) because each of those roles showcase different attributes and it gives me an idea of what type of player each CM is. I have 6 total players in the senior squad that can play the CM spot, but Beyrac might be playing both CM and CB and Ricard will definitely be playing in the CAM spot. With more CBs on the team I might be able to utilize Beyrac more in the BWM (D) role, but for right now, Lassana Keita will be the starting BWM (D) role and his backup will be 19 year old Moustapha Niang, who already looks great for the senior squad. Niang is also versatile enough to play the other CM role which is either a BBM (SU) or a CM (SU) with personalized player instructions if I don't want them shooting. Lemaire and Courtois will be the two rotational starters in the more box-to-box role. Niang and Oliver are the best U21s on the roster and Niang is already good enough to be in the senior squad, I will try to get Oliver out on line. I also have plenty of depth in the younger age groups with a couple of 15/16 year olds with decent ratings. There's just a lot of youth depth at this position, so certainly someone will pop!

At the BBM (SU)/CM role I really like both Lemaire and Courtois. Lemaire is probably the best of the bunch at this role, but Courtois has more flexibility. He doesn't have great speed, but that combination of technical and vision would let me use him as a DLP if we decide to put the playmaker in the CM and play with something more like a shadow striker in the CAM slot.

For the BWM (D) spot these three players are pretty well rounded - with only Niang's aerial ability letting him down.29015

Niang is also from Senegal so he might have the ability to do double duty on my squads!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
CENTER ATTACKING MID

We have a lot of attacking midfielders in the squad and there is some overlap with other positions as well. For the 2-Deep I'm planning to play Robin Oberle and Enzo Ricard in this role, with Courtois also playing on occasion when he isn't starting in the box-to-box CM spot. Oberle will also be getting some time on the right wing on occasion and it wouldn't be too surprising to see all 3 players start a match. There's also lots of youth depth at this position, but Hacene Dubois is the one I'm training to play in this spot. Him, Denis, and Luka will likely go out on loan if we can find good arrangements for them, but each of them looks on the verge of being ready to contribute as well. We also have a decnt group of younger prospects, and surely one of them will develop.

Oberle and Ricard are very similar types of players, with Oberle just being a bit better overall. That being said, Ricard has been a goal scoring machine in pre-season! Hacene Dubois is from the same mold, just needs more development. This is a good looking RADAR for an advanced playmaker.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So why did Monsieur Manager choose FC Sochaux? First of all, it was my first team in a UTOPIA FIFA TOURNAMENT like 10 years ago. Plus they were just administratively relegated to the third tier in reel life! I'm hoping I can reset the simulation and get them promoted to Ligue 1 by the 2024-2025 season

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
LEFT INSIDE FORWARD

This is an interesting spot, because I sold Thierry Chauvel when we got an offer for him and he was being all pissy. He probably would have been the starter at this position because I've mostly been playing Madar on the right wing and Boubacar Traore just doesn't fit the archetype very well with poor finishing and first touch. Sylla is a U21 who is just on the edge of being good enough to play with the senior team, so I'm going to keep him on THE SQUAD and get him some good experience this year. He may underperform a bit but he's actually better suited for this role than Traore. If Traore and Sylla aren't getting it done I'll move Madar over and replace him on RW instead. I also signed Cedric Silue as a squad depth player because he trialed with the team and played well enough. He can play both LF and RW and has a tone of speed

I left Chauvel in the comparison to show that he's a very similar player to Traore and I didn't feel the need to keep both. Chavuel was better than Traore overall, but they offer very similar skills. Sylla isn't as fast, but he is a much more well rounded attacking player already and has room to grow. One thing I like from the LF position is the ability to provide an aerial threat because I typically set my team up so that most of the crosses are coming in from the right wing. You can see that Sylla is more of a forward than a winger.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
RIGHT WING

If/when Robin Oberly isn't playing at the CAM spot, he will also be playing in the RW role - as an inverted wing - but I still have a solid two deep behind that. Matheo Madar might end up playing some LF but is the starter at RW for now. Donald Padonouu is a capable squad level player, but he has a crossing attribute of 6, which is not what I'm looking for in a winger. I'm not sure about the future of this role - Alexis Denis has good skills but lacks the speed I like in a RW so I may train him as a CAM instead. Either way he's going out on loan this season. When I added Cedric Silue to the squad it was to be a 60th minute super sub - likely in the RW role. He's not a great player overall, but he's got good speed and crossing. His work rate and stamina are too low to ever be a staring RW for me, but he's a perfect sub. I also like the fact that he can play 3 positions naturally so even though he isn't a great player he's a versatile bench player who will see a lot of sub action when I need that burst of speed. I really want to find some similar bum player that can cover both the LB and RB positions as a bench player in case of injury.

For wingers I'm looking for speed and the ability to dribble/cross, so Speed and Technical skills need to be high. HARD WORK WORK stat is a bonus - but not necessarily required because I regularly sub this position in about the 60th minute to get them a breather. Madar has a great combo of speed/technical and his HARD WORK WORK rating isn't terrible.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
STRIKER

In the preseason I had one good striker and a great prospect but no depth - so I brought in another starting quality player on loan with an option to buy at the end of his contract. Oumar Richard and Burak Lalardy are both excellent strikers for Ligue 2, so I'll probably play whoever has the hottest hand. Cedric Silue can come off the bench thanks to his versatility to play 3 positions but I'll never start him here. My third place starter or in case of injury player is going to be Max Pinson, but might loan him out. HUGO is definitely my best overall prospect - amazing ratings for a 16 year old, but I've got some other good looking prospects as well. Might be able to sell a couple of them at some point if I stay with a 1-striker system. Lalardy's optional future fee is $7M so it's unlikely that I'll be able to keep him, but he's an amazing value for this season since his club is paying a large part of his salary.

Richard and Pinson are both well rounded strikers who can get things done in the air as well! Lalardy is more of the ADVANCED FORWARD that I like to play. He has the SEC SPEED to beat the offside trap and take advantage of slow Ligue 2 CBs . He's got great physical and attacking ratings, but his Aerial ability is a bit of a let down. I am still betting that he'll be the leadings scorer because Speed kills at this level.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Scouting tip that I saw online- the recruitment focuses are more effective if you set the individual countries as opposed to a region. Instead of doing "South America (south)" set it as Argentina/Uruguay/Paraguay, etc. For whatever reason, it does seem to work. I'd also recommend doing bigger countries as their own focus so the scout doesn't get overwhelmed.

This probably doesn't apply to the French 3rd tier because you aren't allowed to scout anywhere but France!

goblue96

Scouting tip that I saw online- the recruitment focuses are more effective if you set the individual countries as opposed to a region. Instead of doing "South America (south)" set it as Argentina/Uruguay/Paraguay, etc. For whatever reason, it does seem to work. I'd also recommend doing bigger countries as their own focus so the scout doesn't get overwhelmed.

This probably doesn't apply to the French 3rd tier because you aren't allowed to scout anywhere but France!

This is a good scouting/recruiting focus thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
First game of the season started awesome! STRAIGHT RED IN THE 4th MINUTE! Hilariously took the lead and almost had a chance to win!

Just made it to the world cup break! We had a short but fun preseason thanks to Monsieur Manager getting a late start on the friendly scheduling! Then we started our Ligue 2 schedule in the worst way possible, going 0-3 against some BUMS. In the first game my second highest paid player (Keita) got a red card in like the 4th minute, lol. Then he got another red card in the 10th minute of the very next game he played after returning from suspension! Things were looking really rocky because my strikers had zero goals between them THROUGH 8 GAMES! Then Lalardy scored 2 goals against Nimes before promptly getting injured several weeks. Since that point we've taken off! Ricard has been the offensive hero of the season so far from the CAM spot. We've won 5 league matches in a row and 7 in a row total thanks to a couple of French Cupcake games.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
As I mentioned, we had an alarming plunge to the bottom of the table to start the season but we've been steadily moving up since, with a meteoric rise in the last month. Enzo Ricard currently just the best at everything haha

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
We've had an alarming number of injuries, probably thanks to Monsieur Manager's grueling training schedule! NO REST BREAKS! I've had fullbacks out injured for the entire season between Keita and Toure, both of whom picked up TWO major injuries!

Attachments

• 1690660744762.png
    1690660744762.png
    405.1 KB · Views: 0

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Because of the injuries I had to bring in some more fullback depth before the summer transfer window ended. Yann Collon is a starter quality RB and Jitram Lambert is a BUM squad player who is very useful because he can play both FB slots and was available on a free transfer.

Jitram Lambert - he's only on a 1 year contract - and I signed him exclusively as a bench player/sub. Much like Silue, he was available on a free transfer and I like his versatility and he actually has good ratings as a sub. His work rate and stamina are certainly not good enough to be a starting fullback! One of my biggest transfer goals in the offseason will be to add a young player to fill this role on the squad going forward!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here's the overall squad view sorted by their average rating. There have been 17 total matches so far this season, so you can see I'm really spreading things around. Lalardy and Richard both finally started scoring. I had to bring Max Pinson up because of injury to Lalardy and he's actually played pretty well in 2 starts so he'll get more in the future! My U21 players have been doing very well, with Niang turning into a beast in the midfield!

I didn't realize that Max Pinson looks a little like LEROY @OU11 or I would have been playing him more. He's not as tall as LEROY but in the match engine his FRO looks almost purple, lol.

Brick

cacklin at these name proununciations. brickwife walked in on me watching this and said "SOW, i thought you played CHEL with him why is this travis."

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Mr. Manager in a grudge match against the USMNT who decided to stick with NEPOTISM GREGGGGG instead of embracing the brightest shining star of world football...

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Spoiler in case you didn't watch the USMNT vidya

Obviously we beat the USMNT - we let them stick around to keep the American fans happy.

ON TO FRANCE!! Here's the twitter reaction at the end of the game... so best not get ur hopes up.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Another spoiler in case you didn't watch the USMNT game. This could be a semi-finals game... or more likely I could just be messing with my audience! Certainly Mr. Manager isn't the first to guide an African nation beyond the quarter final?

I know you're probably skipping ahead to see if I won, but you can't seriously believe Senegal beat France in the quarter finals? lol

Turns out my Twitter fans were just as a bit confused as twitter users are in real life. 4-0 win against FRANCE in the quarter finals and "That was one to forget" is the reaction, lol.

Semifinals LETSSSGOOOOOOO!