1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

Major League Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Sports Discussion' started by Snorky's Shame, Dec 19, 2014.

1. doh

doh THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

Team:
    Las Vegas Pac Men
    MLS playoffs totally irrelevant again due to idiotic scheduling. Knockout games no one knows are happening. Fans have 2-3 days between Decision Day and the Knockout Round. Sunday matches terribly attended (again tix are on sale for 2-3 days) and all taking place during NASHNUL games.

I just don't get who the hell are the people making these decisions. If MLS had competent leadership with good ideas, they'd be way further along than with Garber & co.

adchester and silverwheels like this.
  2. Snorky's Shame

Snorky's Shame Well-Known Member

There’s got to be a week between Decision Day and the Knockout Round. I remember in 2012 DC and Chicago playing to a draw thus the Fire got to host a knockout game. You’d think they would start selling tickets for that game (on Halloween no less!) right after the final whistle but they started selling tickets on Monday for a Wednesday night game on Halloween. Attendance was under 9,000 that night.

I am absolutely not in favor for single leg rounds throughout though. You’re just going to see road teams bunkering to get to penalties or get a goal on the counter and that’s not entertaining either. I’d only like that if the away team has to win the game in 90 minutes to advance. I’d rather bring back best-of-three, first-to-five but that’s not coming back unless MLS commits itself to playing Wednesday/Thursday and Saturday/Sunday throughout the playoffs.

3. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    Drogba's last game, the USL cup final, is on ESPN2

4. wolverine318

wolverine318 Well-Known Member Mod Alumni

Team:
    Michigan
  5. Snorky's Shame

This Seattle-Portland game is nuts.

6. silverwheels

silverwheels more like Turd Crapley

Team:
    RUSS
  7. Snorky's Shame

Nice logo, much better than the USL one.

Not sold on having both Royal and Navy blue. Pick one.