• Attention visitors:

Registration has been disabled due to the sheer number of bots signing up for nonsense accounts. IF YOU ARE A LEGITIMATE PERSON, email utopiasreg@gmail.com and request an account. Just give me your account name and I will create one for you and send you the initial password.

Madden 17 same ole shit

Wolfman21

Got to play Madden 20 over the weekend. First madden i've tried out since Madden 17 i think. I'll given them credit for one thing...they have been able to make different type players feel like different type players. Big guys feel big and hulky. Quick guys feel quick. I feel like I can tell a difference between power backs and scat backs, between big posession receivers and smaller quick guys. I also like the ability to hit different buttons to go for different type catches. Really adds a dimension to the passing game and to your team preparation.

They do have a shit ton of things to fix. The simulation game is busted. I like to build teams and have franchises without playing games and just simming the games and doing everything else. There are issues with statistics when games are simmed. In actual game play, running the ball can be an issue, though i attributed that more to me just not being "hip" to the new controls since i play ncaa 14 mostly and this game is far beyond what that was. I started getting more of a hang to it the more i played. In NCAA you could hit boost as soon as you saw a hole. Not now...you basically have to wait until you're in the clear to hit the sprint. Another thing I don't like is that guys that seem like they're 5 yds away from you can now tackle you. That may be hindering the simulation stats as well.

Overall...I'm not mad at where they're at with the game. I know it gets a ton of hate, and a good bit of it is deserved. But they're never gonna make a perfect game and I think if they made an NCAA game with the new consoles coming out......it would sell like freaking hotcakes. And I would be first in line and probably no life it for a while

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I always buy Madden when it's in the bargain bin in the ps store. I always regret it. They half ass everything. I don't know why EA doesn't produce an arcade alternative to Madden with the same jacked engine. If they stripped it down and made the graphics more entertaining, it might actually play well. One of the big problems for me is that it tries to be a sim and fails miserably.

Soonerfan09

New info for Madden 21 Franchise dropped today.

• The new X-Factors make their way into Franchise. More details on X-Factors in Madden NFL 21 coming soon!
  • Franchise has an expanded Wild Card Playoff round to match the real-life NFL which now features 3 games for each conference instead of 2.
  • Updated all rookie contract amounts to be more authentic to the actual Draft rookie contracts for all 7 rounds
  • Retuned every position’s available Abilities to better consider in-game effectiveness of the ability and archetype authenticity. Also made the 2nd ability unlock for most positions 85 OVR (was 80 OVR in Madden NFL 20.)
  • Fixed multiple cases in logic of players considered for a Dev Trait upgrade at the end of the season not checking the correct stat types.
  • Updates to all team back-end depth chart philosophies so they match the team’s scheme.
  • Added position-specific Offensive Lineman archetype progression buckets for OT, OG, and C to capture variance in OVR formulas based on positional expectations. Previously, all OL were pulling from the same progression bucket.
  • Fixed issue where defensive playbooks and schemes for our fictional coaches would be misaligned (e.g. 3-4 playbook with a 4-3 scheme.)
https://www.operationsports.com/mad...-the-franchise-rise-to-fame-details-revealed/

Update thread title please.

Mr. Radpants

Personality Class: Starship Captain
Even OS said the Franchise updates look like “patch notes”, I’m dead

Haven’t bought this in a while but I want to do a Franchise. I’m looking into PC for the modding community

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Even OS said the Franchise updates look like “patch notes”, I’m dead

Haven’t bought this in a while but I want to do a Franchise. I’m looking into PC for the modding community
I always get it when it's really cheap in the PS4 sales. It's always turrible. Franchise is always broken in some way, and the gameplay is god awful.