joshuahuskers' Wisconsin State Porcupines

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
The plan is definitely to create them!

I think you got one of the earlier versions of the team in your game cause it’s the older primary logo.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Thinking of doing a REBOOT. I was thinking about this anyway but now you have to take on the team grades and prestige of the team you replace. And I feel like a rebuild whereas our program is now long established with two national titles.

On the other hand, don’t want to erase program history dating back to NCAA 10.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
There is a draft of the porcupines live right now. Will likely be making some tweak to uniforms (numbers are super shiny, front helmet plate isn’t showing up right) and the filed (get rid of black outline on numbers). Roster has not been done yet, but the look is almost complete.

There is a draft of the porcupines live right now. Will likely be making some tweak to uniforms (numbers are super shiny, front helmet plate isn’t showing up right) and the filed (get rid of black outline on numbers). Roster has not been done yet, but the look is almost complete.
I tried to locate them but nothing pops up in a search for team name, school name nor username. My son is having the same issue trying to find my team.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
I tried to locate them but nothing pops up in a search for team name, school name nor username. My son is having the same issue trying to find my team.

I believe they got taken down because I tried to edit them after the fact and now I’m stuck on error code 400. I’ve had to remake the team three times and error code 400 every time. I have had 4+ hours into each iteration of the team. It’s incredibly frustrating and I think it’s just gonna keep doing it. The revival may not be in the cards.

I believe they got taken down because I tried to edit them after the fact and now I’m stuck on error code 400. I’ve had to remake the team three times and error code 400 every time. I have had 4+ hours into each iteration of the team. It’s incredibly frustrating and I think it’s just gonna keep doing it. The revival may not be in the cards.
I ran into an issue where I was logged on to my EA account to a different computer amd it threw up an error. And when I downloaded it then went back to make an edit I had to resubmit the team. But I can only find them under my account. My son can't find my team through any of the search criteria. Oddly enough it doesn't pull my team up when I search for them under schools. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
I too tried looking for both of you guys schools and nothing to be found.

I also tried to find Trinity Bible and they too are gone.

Since I’m a cheap skate I can’t vouch paying $20/month to play 3-4 games in the TB dynasty online. If EA removes that then there could be a revival…

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Success achieved! I did the whole Damn thing in one sitting. Got the core attributes for the roster edited, at least as closely as I had them tracked. Numbers and classes for the 70 players I had on the roster on the last version on NCAA 14 are correct. Names are not as they can only be edited in dynasty, which I will do.

There are some uniform tweaks I’d like to make (mostly the front bumper art which was kicking an error when I had it turned on, I turned it off and it worked), but I’m not gonna play with fire and risk getting error code 400 again. I can live without those small changes.

Search for user josh675422

Those big dog unis are pretty cool!
I kind of kept some of the ideas from my Revamp uniforms. I really like the amount of customization the new Teambuilder allows you. Kind of sucks you can't have an offline dynasty or generic stadium.

I'm not sold on the blue field yet. Wanted to try that out. But may be too much blue. Lol

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
New Head Packer - Wisconsin State's James Brutus Heads to NFL

Kenosha, WI - Wisconsin State Head Coach James Brutus is leaving his Alma Mater - where he led the Porcupines to a National Championship in 2040 - to become the next head coach of the Green Bay Packers. The move comes in the immediate aftermath of Brutus leading Wisconsin State to a 12-2 record in 2043, capped off by a win in the Orange Bowl over Virginia Tech. The Porcs finished 5th in the final AP and Coaches' polls in 2044.

Brutus has spent his entire football career not only within college football, but at Wisconsin State. The Milwaukee native spent two seasons on the Porcupine roster as a quarterback (including starting 12 games during their inaugural season back in 2009) during which the Porcs failed to win a single game. He then joined new head coach Chad Glasgow's staff as a graduate assistant from 2011-2013 before becoming quarterbacks coach in 2014. When Glasgow left for Washington in 2015, he was retained by Scott Frost and was eventually promoted to Offensive Coordinator in 2024, a post he held through the Porcs' first National Title in 2028 until Frost's retirement after the 2037 season. Brutus finishes his tenure at Wisconsin State after six seasons and a 65-18 overall record.

It was a logical transition for Brutus to become the third head coach of Wisconsin State, and he lead the Porcupines back to the mountain top in 2040, winning the College Football Playoff National Championship while posting a 14-1 overall record (though the season contains a bit of an asterik for some Wisconsin State fans, as the campaign's sole loss came to the hated Wisconsin Badgers).

With little left to accomplish in the college game, Brutus heads off for the pinnacle of the sport - the NFL - where he will take over one of the most storied franchises in all of pro sports. The Packers are in need of a turn around in 2044, as they finished a horrendous 2-15 in 2043. Brutus will have a prized asset work with right away, though - the Packers hold the #1 overall pick in this year's NFL draft.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Porcupines Hire Toledo's Gabe McKnight

Kenosha, WI - Gabe McKnight is leaving his Alma Mater after only one season to become the fourth head football coach of the Wisconsin State Porcupines. The 36 year old will become one of the youngest head coaches ever hired by a Power Four football program after leaving Toledo after only one season. McKnight engineered a miraculous turnaround at Toledo. The Rockets won just two games (both against FCS opponents) in three seasons before McKnight's arrival. In 2043, Toledo went 11-3 and won the MAC. One of their losses came to the National Champion Ohio State Buckeyes in Columbus by only 7 points.

McKnight will take over the Porcupine Program after James Brutus left last week to become head coach of the NFL's Green Bay Packers. Although the "wonder kid" has unprecedented success in the MAC, the Big Ten is a new ball game, sure to test his mettle. What he does have going for him is a fairly talented roster (although it may be lacking depth at key spots), including one of the best QB/RB duos in the country in Calvin Upshaw and Eric Capps.

The hire may be a bit of a gamble by the Porcupine Brass - it's a tough ask for a 36 year old with one year of head coaching experience to take over a program used to competing for and winning not only Big Ten, but National Championships. The weight on his shoulders will be extremely heavy - but if the turn around at Toledo is a sign of things to come, the Porcs may be able to turn their sustained success under Scott Frost and then Brutus into a true dynasty.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
This is a copy pasta from a previous post on OS since we're starting 2044 over. The overalls are different in CFB 25, most drastically for QBs and RBs (most of them fell 10-20 points, including Capps losing 22 points from a 99 to a 77). I think this is because of the archetypes. Upshaw is listed as "field general" (he is not, his greatest asset is 99 speed), and Capps is listed as a "receiving back" (his 63 catch rating says otherwise) - thanks, Teambuilder!

Quick Roster Run Down and thoughts:

BBm814D.png

Offense runs through Upshaw as it has in the past. He needs to take care of the ball and make smart throws. He probably has the least talented receivers he's had in his three years of being the starting QB, so will likely be asked to do more himself this year. Lewis is the clear backup, and you hope it doesn't get beyond that, but Stowers doesn't really have the athletic ability the staff likes. He was a last minute take when Mike Hyatt transferred two years ago. I really like the freshman QBs. Assume one will transfer out eventually.

Xcob4kv.png

Capps is a stud here and I'm shocked he's back for his senior year, but as I've said before it's hard to understate the loss of Chris Phillips at this position. He was do-everything as a true freshman and really gave this team a boost. Pledger will still see plenty of carries as he did last year. Bigsby, Beasley and Newman don't have the speed to ever feature here (really disappointed in Newman, he scouted really poorly). I like the potential of McKinley Lee.

l5h5UvL.png

We lost arguably our top three receiving threats from last year in Mike O'Neal (graduation), Nick Marder (Draft - House Rule) and Christ Phillips (Left Program - House Rule). We got bad luck on dynamic progression with our other guys. Kam'Ron Mays-Hunt, who has 16 career receptions and was our #6 receiver last year, will be the #1 wide-out. I love Jaden Bradley's physical attributes, but he's got to figure out how to catch the ball. Bradley will have the second most formations due to his size and speed. We have some young talent here, but I think WR is going to be a weak point this year.

0Kdqc8F.png

Enter Jaggar Hebeisen. The redshirt freshman will basically be used as a WR this year and will be split out in a lot of looks. I even have in the backfield in two pistol formations. At 6'5" 236 he can out-physical any corner, and he is faster than most linebackers. I think we'll be able to get some matchups here. Chase Brown will fill the more traditional tight end role.

Qguhp0l.png

Starters will be (left to right): Remondet, Collins, Pinomi, Davis, Briggs. Colby and Glynn the main backups. I think this group is going to struggle in the Big Ten. At least Pinomi will get some true freshman bonus points if he starts 12 games (he will barring injury), but of course he had to roll a 1 work ethic. We also have virtually no depth here. Really need to address OL in recruiting - we will take at least 4 OL this year.

6eA28bY.png

This group is solid. Not world beaters, but they should hold their own. I like the work ethic of the young guys. Front four could be really good in a couple years, but this is kind of a "get their feet wet" type season.

y530mVX.png

Another position where we lack depth. I LOVE Small and Mitchell, but beyond that there's a lot to be desired. Mock is going to be forced to start out of necessity, but in the past his 74 speed has been a major liability when he's been forced into action. Another position we really need to address in recruiting.

2HQS2Mc.png

Secondary is extremely young with a ton of talent and potential. Having said that, they will have their struggles this year. I like the future of this group a lot, but they'll take their lumps. They'll be in for a test right away as USC has FOUR 95+ OVR receivers. I think we're going to get torched. But we'll see.

U4JlEkS.png

They're kickers. Graham has always been solid. Jeter struggled last year as a true freshman, but has added some leg strength. He's not going to be great, but should be more reliable than last year.

Overall thoughts....we have some talent in some areas, but we're lacking a lot of depth. Also a lot of young guys who will take their lumps this year. We're preseason #2, but I don't think there's any way we are a serious contender for the CFP, or even the Big Ten, this year. 8-4 would be a good season in my opinion.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
2044 Schedule. We are replacing Minnesota by the way since that's the only way to preserve the rivalry with Wisconsin and give us geographically appropriate pipelines.

f7ZOdpW.png

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
7TjyGcZ.png
gp4MxEO.png

Avu0IjH.png
IDoCNjd.png

6vFiUzk.png
3TnDbw5.png

Pretty solid win. Calvin Upshaw got the party started with a 80 yard TD run on our first drive. Rice rallied to tie it at 14 later in the first half, but we went up after that and the game didn’t again become in doubt. Defense played well and we shut down their 88 OVR RB pretty well.

Interceptions are an issue, as they always have been. Three three including a picks six.

Here’s some videos. Not sure if I’ll do this every time.

Upshaw gets the party started with an 80 yard TD on a zone read keeper in the first.

Alex Mock comes up with a big third down sack in the first to give the Porcs the ball back with the lead

Eric Capps puts the Porcs up two scores in the second.

The Owls strike back on a QB keeper

Calvin Upshaw lets Rice right back in it. Tie game.

Upshaw hits Kam’Ron Mays-Hunt and he does the rest for a 36 yard TD to give use the lead back. We wouldn’t relinquish it again.

Brian Thomas, Jr gets in on the fun with a nice diving catch.

Upshaw to Mays-Hunt again!

TJ Plegder scores to make it 44-21 in the 3rd

Clint Outlaw nabs a pic late in the 4th to officially seal it.