• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 14 Davet Lambert Career Dynasty

worst2first

S5E8D51.png

VgDd5RK.png

Tomasz Bandrowski scored goals at 38' and 40' to help us to our first victory of the playoff. It's highly unlikely we can challenge for the championship but we should be able to move up a few positions if we play well. We still have five matches to go.

What the hell? This team must be cursed or something.

s8d3MMI.png

worst2first

1TiraO1.png

XNvkklu.png

q9yOlTy.jpg

This was one of our best games of the year. We're still in sixth place but we're only a couple of points behind the fifth place team.

worst2first

w2DCeI5.png

QdWfPdJ.png

wig7OuH.png

zEtDbBQ.png

cvYeCfD.png

Our last match of the season was a tough battle in the rain. Both sides saw a player sent off with a red card. Despite being quite tired I played well, scored the second goal of the season and my career and was named man of the match. The win pushed us into fourth place in the Jupiler Pro League Championship Playoff.

worst2first

Jupiler Pro League Regular Season Final Standings:

BGCWton.png

Jupiler Pro League Championship Playoff Final Standings:

zpBjGwc.png

Coupe Belgique:

c3ProPz.jpg

worst2first

Good season. Bit of a weird playoff format they have in Belgium.

Thanks. It is a bit odd.

Championship Playoff

The point system in the championship playoff is the same as during the regular season, except that each team starts with half of the points they won in the regular season, rounded up to the nearest integer. The points gained by rounding are deducted in the case of a tie.

The top 6 teams from the regular season enter the championship playoff, with the first-placed team winning the championship of Belgium. Each team plays their opponents twice, and the teams are ranked by points, points from rounding, wins, etc. as in the regular season.

Europa League Playoff

Teams ranked 7 to 14 after the regular season enter the playoffs 2, with teams ranked 7th, 9th, 12th and 14th entering the group A and teams ranked 8th, 10th, 11th and 13th entering the group B. In each group, each team plays each of its 3 opponents twice. The winner of each group plays the final game in two legs, to determine the winner of the playoffs 2. The winner of the playoffs 2 then plays a home and away game against either the fourth-placed or fifth-placed team from the playoffs 1 for the final Europa League ticket, with the opponent depending on the fact if the Belgian Cup winner ended in the top four of the playoff 1 or not.

Relegation Playoff

Teams ranked 15th and 16th after the regular season enter the relegation playoff. It consists of 5 games between the 2 teams. The 15th-placed team starts the playoffs with 3 points whereas the 16th-placed team starts from zero. The loser of the relegation playoff is relegated to the second division. The winner of that playoff enters the Belgian Second Division Final Round with 3 teams from the second division. The winner of this Final Round plays in the First Division the season thereafter.

It looks like I face the choice of remaining with KV Oostende or transferring to one of the better Belgian clubs for a substantial pay increase. I haven't done enough to be noticed by scouts from other leagues. I can either try to drag KV Oostende and its very average roster to another successful season (historically they've never finished higher than 7th) and hope that I get noticed or sign with a front runner and increase my odds of attracting attention from teams in more prestigious leagues.

NML

Well now that you are in the Europa League, it might be worth staying. I'd be more worried about the direction of the club, since they keep selling everyone.

Can you request that they spend money or something like that? I've never done the mode before... Maybe wait until the end of the transfer window next year and see what moves they make before requesting a transfer.

worst2first

Well now that you are in the Europa League, it might be worth staying. I'd be more worried about the direction of the club, since they keep selling everyone.

Can you request that they spend money or something like that? I've never done the mode before... Maybe wait until the end of the transfer window next year and see what moves they make before requesting a transfer.

I'm not sure how accurately EA replicates the various leagues and competitions. I haven't seen anything to suggest that the 7th - 14th place teams do anything after the conclusion of the regular season.

Unfortunately you can't make suggestions like that or question the direction of the club. It's too bad because I would love to tell the manager that I'll stay if he finds at least one decent striker.

NML

I'm not sure how accurately EA replicates the various leagues and competitions. I haven't seen anything to suggest that the 7th - 14th place teams do anything after the conclusion of the regular season.

Based on the color coding of ur screen shots, I'd bet that first and second in the playoff rounds go to the Champions League, while third - fifth go to Europa along with the cup winner. Possibly sixth also goes, or it could be the runner up in the cup. Regardless, I'd be very confident that ur in Europa next season.

worst2first

After careful consideration I am not going to request a transfer even though my agent thinks a couple of Pro League teams would be interested.

2014 - 2015 Objectives:

TOTxT9I.png

ECnHFbN.png

MPDiZv8.png

oz8RY9T.png

9VUjSyL.jpg

worst2first

wJPNXVJ.png

rFnxy7b.png

i62IDky.png

Sebastien Siani scored a nice goal at 33'. If we're going to have a successful season he's going to have to step up and put the ball in net more regularly. Losing Laurent Depoitre for eight weeks is a tough blow. He's one of the better players on the team (67 Ovr).

worst2first

fjx5nrw.png

OmXaeJx.png

Ulsan Hyundai gave us a good match. They were very efficient with their passes and worked the ball well in the midfield. Our defense held up well but despite taking ten shots we weren't able to push one across.

I9GadPi.png

72cbLVj.png

Upcoming Targets:

UepfIHK.png

worst2first

1zPwYdB.png

This certainly wasn't what we hoped for in our season opener. Our defense broke down early when R. Soumah headed one in at 22'. We certainly had opportunities with nine shots but we weren't able to get the equalizer.

(I neglected to save a screen shot of my match rating but it was 6.4 with 94% passing and 58% tackling.)

0swtc7T.jpg

World Cup Results:

o86c9g0.jpg

worst2first

jDKXCta.png

4qMEUfp.png

tfPEV8T.png

QnHhmAV.png

Will Howe prove to be the spark we need up front? I'm not sure but at least Frederik Vanderbiest is attempting to find some help for us there.

worst2first

C0p8OA6.png

gOcLJ2p.png

99oyY1C.png

CkI8rWZ.png

Howe finished a beautiful strike at 13', displaying the type of skill we've been sorely lacking. Unfortunately he went down with an ankle injury later in the match and will be out for four weeks. CM Tomasz Bandrowski will be out nine days with a bruised shoulder as well. I played very well and was named man of the match for the first time this season.

xBsJKbz.png

I'm not sure why we need another defensive midfielder unless the club is planning to move someone currently on the roster. Could I be destined for a new club? I'll have to wait and see as the club hasn't said anything and my manager hasn't heard anything either.

worst2first

JdMiZnf.png

Tla4pTm.png

8QaIrDr.png

Vanhaecke was starting in place of the injured Howe. Howe will be back soon but I have no idea what we're going to do in the meantime.

aKyYfWv.png

It's always nice to make the team of the week.

IS3kiQ9.png

n1Yx98f.png

h5O3iNU.png

HKcFi0T.png

worst2first

2rWxhHD.png

zIbEXCj.png

ElR6K7e.png

The last two draws haven't exactly been thrilling football but without Howe we just haven't had a finisher up front. One point is better than none though.

worst2first

ctrMu6I.png

pKI71o1.png

FLD13iX.png

Well this was certainly a memorable international debut. Mirallas scored at 3' and Benteke added another at 14' but things really got out of hand when Finland lost Joona Toivio to a red card at 33'. Benteke added a second goal as well as an assist and was named man of the match. Six different Red Devils scored. My goal came when I got open on the left side and Benteke placed a perfect pass in front of me. I put it into the top right corner of the goal past the diving Finnish keeper. Even though it came when they were a man down, it felt good to score a goal in my first international match.

CfGJYDe.png

worst2first

6cX3FxD.png

5RX11hf.png

Vanhaecke scored at 29' and our hopes rose but they responded five minutes later to conclude the scoring for the match. This season has been frustrating to say the least so far.

c00WpqI.png

ApTDdtT.png

Kudimbana does seem to be improved in goal this season. I'm not sure why Schmisser hasn't been selected to play. He played well last season.

Sp. Charleroi 1 - 1 KV Oostende

We attacked quickly and I split two defenders to score with a low strike past the keeper. Unfortunately I took a hard shot a few minutes later and had to leave the match with an injured shoulder. It's only bruised. I'm expected to miss about nine days.

GV0v0qb.png

nuadNzs.png

6htbEAs.png

F3ehVSe.png

worst2first

x56uyfX.png

ABwz5AZ.png

Depoitre scored at 11' to give us an early lead. It's very good to have him back. They answered at 73' and tied the match but Siani reclaimed the lead for us at 83'. I never know which Siani is going to show up. Some times he looks brilliant and other times he looks terrible. I surprised everyone, including myself, by adding a goal in the last minute of the match. I'm not a natural scorer and I prefer to accumulate assists but despite making some timely passes to our strikers I've yet to record one. Hopefully this win is a sign of things to come and we can claw our way up the table.

With a few exceptions, our form has been terrible of late. (Almost every player on the squad currently has a form rating of "bad".)

Uq9S9hG.png

lMz3Vs6.png

Cxz7wuv.png

I have no idea what's going on between Kudimbana and Vanderbiest. Kudimbana has seemed serviceable in goal to me.

worst2first

Shots in the Finland game were 27-0 with 17 on target. Wow. I've never seen such a lopsided match.

It was ridiculous. In 30 or 40 matches I've never seen anything like it. Finland didn't look great to begin with but when they went a man down it turned into a slaughter.

worst2first

dr6OY8y.png

H7lsJMc.png

This was a pretty poor effort all around. Kudimbana was not in goal and his replacement struggled. This is a match we should have one. One positive note is that Vanhaecke (one of our weakest strikers) scored after coming in to replace Howe.

pSleXMl.png

I hope these are just rumors. He's our best keeper by far and I don't trust the club to find a better replacement if he departs.

hjj3klv.png

79cV6nT.png

I followed up my worst game of the season with one of my best and was named to the team of the week. Laurent Depoitre scored both goals and is in really good form at the moment.

worst2first

7FBTN7W.png

uCir9yk.png

RSC Anderlecht jumped out to an early lead at 2' when M. Bruno scored. Vanhaecke recorded his third goal of the season at 22' to draw level and Tomasz Bandrowski slipped past the defense and took a beautifully lobbed pass in to net for the win. Anderlecht is one of the best clubs in the league. This was an important win for De Kustboys.

cSRC1qL.png

JiEqp5w.png

KLDSw1c.png

Fv20ed8.png

worst2first

rTPBMSY.png

oJDUATW.png

We really should have won this one.

wqkV92o.png

qtPeYiz.png

FwRaaaC.png

We managed to knock off another team from the top of the table. Bandrowski and Depoitre were our goal scorers. I played one of my better games and was named man of the match. The situation with Kudimbana continues to drag on. (He's homesick. I don't see how moving to another Belgian club will help with that.)

Y9L3ebB.png

worst2first

Vs4pEQk.png

p8ik2V7.png

On one hand, we recorded a clean sheet. On the other hand, so did our opponents. This makes three draws in the last four matches. It's frustrating to play well defensively while being so impotent on the attack.

HH2j08u.png

f84I2ot.png

GKwcXUC.png

Once again we've managed to defy expectations and rise to mid-table. A little less than half the season is left so there is still time but we have to be much more consistent and put more goals through if we're going to rise any higher.

worst2first

cJiWEBF.png

wU62CfP.png

Laurent Depoitre scored both of our goals. He remains our most talented striker (67 OVR) Waasland-Beveren is not one of the better clubs in the league but they put up a good fight.

x4L8gsn.png

worst2first

A1F9Uqx.png

VUQPXV0.png

Another draw. They're a good team but we missed too many scoring opportunities. It's increasingly frustrating to play well only to see our strikers squander our chances. I realize that I've had too many off target shots too but I'm not a natural scorer and my job is really to lock down the middle and feed the ball forward.

worst2first

tFgEEG7.png

CnqYb0T.png

Siani scored at 19' and we held the lead until Diego Suarez responded with an equalizer at 87'. Kudimbana made a couple of key stops and we won on penalties. This is a team we should have beaten in regular time but we'll take a win any way we can get it, especially in cup competition. I played well and was named man of the match for the 5th time this season.

x4c5Xao.jpg

fnjgoA5.png

That's a relief.

j5BcZtz.png

I'm starting to see a pattern.

KMt8SVx.png

I'd be a lot more dangerous with more consistent play up front. Nonetheless, it's nice to know I'm getting a little respect in the league.

pES5YSs.png

Hmm, another mediocre (56 OVR) center midfielder? I have no idea what the manager is doing. I think we'd be much better off with another striker to help Depoitre up front. Howe, Siani and Vanhaecke aren't consistent enough. They've all had good games but have also shown a disappointing tendency to disappear from matches too.

worst2first

Tc1caqv.png

Opt2Kcz.png

I was sent off at 78' when I picked up a second yellow card. I didn't think the foul was that serious. It was raining and the pitch was slippery. I played well otherwise and the team surprised me by not immediately collapsing. They even added another goal in stoppage time.

EFjFuhH.png

tOpZF9l.png

IwlCabx.png

xWHu6Ji.png

worst2first

yFQgFVn.png

Kmv4PT6.png

What can I say? Another draw - our 11th of the year.

O9IMiVf.png

JhVlNOx.png

NI8bhRz.png

I have no idea what is going on. We continue to go after defenders and midfielders when it's clear we need help up front.

worst2first

K5T4Onc.png

2rOpIxx.png

jQIL6vv.png

There's a chance I could return in time for the playoff if we qualify.

Oostende 2 - 1 Charleroi

Oostende 0 - 2 Mons (eliminated from Coupe Belgique 2-1)

Anderlecht 3 - 1 Oostende

Oostende 1 - 1 Waregem

OHL 0 - 0 Oostende

Oostende 0 - 2 Kortrijk

Lierse SK 3 - 1 Oostende

Oostende 2 - 2 Cl. Brugge

Cercle 2 - 0 Oostende

Oostende 1 - 2 Mons

SkZsrIC.png

GkuHCyw.png

worst2first

2014/2015 Belgian Pro League Final Table:

PMTt6RP.png

Coupe Belgique:

nU43IIZ.jpg

Playoff:

3gxtBUq.png

Season Objectives:

nlUOBnt.png

Season Summary:

ml2MnHW.png

Last edited:

worst2first

YeEBGMq.png

rSd2EIj.png

OOAYKxS.png

e3yJt7g.png

eKN4McG.png

cVyDoo0.png

In addition to making a lot more money and playing for a much more competitive team this is where I'm headed:

JuGB9sE.png

worst2first

My new manager has quite lofty expectations for me.

J2Ajv65.png

AENI8H5.png

K8JMUqc.png

I think I'm going to like playing here. This team is very talented and the strikers know what to do with the ball when they get it.

worst2first

p5weDnT.png

QABgOC2.png

This wasn't my best game but I did have two assists.

rUd6HLU.png

tTlnEEg.png

93% passing and 100% tackling but only a 7.0 match rating? I did turn the ball over too often. The friendlies are finished. Now the real season begins.

worst2first

WKg9JSg.png

ZDkaj4y.png

pdLl476.png

It's always good to start the season with a win.

hTZl43U.png

0wVuKHZ.png

This was a good start to our Euro League campaign.

Despite being in really good form, I wasn't chosen for the match against Bilbao.

p9bymXW.png

worst2first

o9vvNYW.png

IetfHEn.png

We advanced in Euro League (6-2 aggr.) despite our poor performance in the second match.

I was wondering if I might be called up again at some point. I performed well in my first call up but haven't heard anything from the national team in a while.

zNR2dne.png

EopFNw2.png

VK1vOUJ.png

worst2first

I may post some season summaries but I've grown tired of posting everything here. FIFA 15 will be here in a month and I plan on launching a new career dynasty then.

bhurst99

I may post some season summaries but I've grown tired of posting everything here. FIFA 15 will be here in a month and I plan on launching a new career dynasty then.

That's too bad. I enjoyed following your career. Real Sociedad would have been interesting place to play.

worst2first

I'll do a season update soon but I was getting a little burnt out and have been busy with work and family matters. I'm definitely starting a new career dynasty when 15 comes out.

worst2first

I only appeared in 23 La Liga matches because I missed three months with a broken ankle. One thing I like about FIFA is that a player's height and weight do seem to make a difference. At 5'8" and 147 lbs., Lambert gets knocked off the ball and toppled over quite a bit. Despite the injury, it was my best season so far. It's amazing what playing on a team that isn't filled with scrubs and cast offs will do for your match ratings. For the first half of the season, Sociedad had Haris Seferović, Imanol Agirretxe and Carlos Vela up front and routinely racked up multiple goals each game. Seferović was sold and Carlos V got hurt and Sociedad dropped to 4th by the time I returned.

u3c5U1Q.jpg

Thanks to a win in the last match of the season, Sociedad managed to finish a respectable 3rd and qualified for the Champions League. I thought we had a chance to win the league but Barcelona was just ridiculous.

UsoHOg8.png

Spurs knocked us out of the Euro League in the Round of 16 and went on to win it.

5OdUZG2.jpg

But the highlight of the season by far was the Spanish Cup.

9j17t41.jpg

Sociedad defeated Real Madrid 6-5 on penalties to claim the Spanish Cup. Sociedad scored in the first few minutes and RM got an equalizer in the 93rd minute. At the end of this match the stamina bar was completely gone and the commentators kept mentioning how exhausted I was.

gqFyXSZ.jpg

Belgium made it to the second group stage of the European Championship so I have some international matches coming up next.

worst2first

For the second season in a row I missed around three months. This time it was due to a torn quad muscle. My overall match ratings were lower as well as my goals and assists but some of that is due to playing with less talent than last year. Sociedad sold a couple of good players and while we still have some talent, the players are younger and not quite as good as what we had last year.

NWpiR9B.png

When I finally returned Sociedad was in the bottom half of the league table. We managed to claw our way back up and a win in the last match of the season got us into 6th place and the last Euro League spot. The last match was one of the most suspenseful I've played, even more than the Spanish Cup final or the Super Cup final that we won over Barcelona.

p0WDq5P.png

Super Cup: won over Barcelona
Spanish Cup: eliminated in semifinals by Atletico Madrid (Lambert was named top Player of the Spanish Cup)
Euro League: eliminated in the quarterfinals by Inter Milan
World Cup Qualifiers: Belgium leads the group, Italy is one point behind

With the rapidly approaching release of 15, I doubt I have time to complete another full season but I'd like to see if Lambert can win a World Cup with Belgium. I may simulate some of the league games and try to get to the World Cup before I switch to the new game.

I may also start a poll to determine my next career mode dynasty. I have a couple of different options I've been mulling over.

worst2first

Hope to see you in FIFA 15. Looking forward to its release.

Thanks. I was very disappointed that I couldn't sim the league games in order to get to the World Cup in 18. Apparently if you sim, your player doesn't play. I'll be starting the new dynasty early enough that I should be able to get lots of seasons in. I'd like to play out an entire career.