• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Corching Carousel/ Hot Seat 23-24

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I think it's fine to have a HC who isn't much of a recruiter... but he better have staff/position coaches in place who absolutely love it...

As shitty as Lovie was, his guys found some real diamonds.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
aTm hiring Elko. Better than Stoops but he ain’t gonna win a press conference like Prime would.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
It was pretty funny watching all the A&M cultist losers freak out over hiring STOOOOOPS when he has more 10 win seasons at fucking Kentucky than A&M has had over the same time period. I'd assume they were all zoomers whose brains have been fried by CUCKTOK and don't understand Kentucky was barely above Vandy like 10 years ago, but A&M fans are probably all bit confused regardless of age

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Certainly true but I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of TCU or Mississippi State pre- or post-Leach, more that I like watching them do well like the BEAVS or whatever

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Lee corso has a better chance of being hired than gruden. Glad his name is back out there though.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Womack and Rees are prob the two best names for them that are realistic....

Maybe Wommack, but one good year at South Alabama I don’t think means much. I don’t buy Rees. Why not Jason Candle or Chris Creighton? This is one of the toughest jobs in football, and those names are very mid.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I don’t understand how Creighton hasn’t gotten a better job. I mean P5 schools, sure, because bit confused fans will take one look at his record at EMU and cry, but not even an American school or something?

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Maybe Wommack, but one good year at South Alabama I don’t think means much. I don’t buy Rees. Why not Jason Candle or Chris Creighton? This is one of the toughest jobs in football, and those names are very mid.
Toledo is probably a better job than Indiana tbh...

I kinda think Indiana is best served taking a swing on a guy who is young-ish who can build something in an interesting way. Guys like Candle will be better off on the short list to take a semi-solid program to the next level imo. Indiana isn't that.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Glad to see some Grumors back in college football.

I’m not the best judge of coaching hires, but my feeling is that A&M made a good hire with Elko. I would’ve rather seen them get Stoops.

Mame YO

slings rocks
@GR8 2 B FL G8R firing all their assistants and probably going to lose a chunk of their class as a result. That seems like a good plan if your goal is to send that 5* safety CROOT to Oregon!

bruin

SRS Question. Does Any program worth a hell keep a coach after 6 seasons who is 34-34 with no top 4 conference finishes, 0 bowl wins and no top 20 CROOTIN classes?
I love UCLA Football, man. And I give $$$ to the program, but this is a pretty big slap to the face. At least I thought Saturday night in the 2nd half this was the end of it and CHIP would be gone. Nope. I can think of plenty other things to do on my fall saturdays and what to do with my $$$$$. UCLA is/was a top 15 program before the millennium. The CURSE OF Edgerrin James, bros..

Mame YO

slings rocks
My theory is that every great PROGRUM is built when their rival - especially their local rival specifically - is down. When Oregon really rose to prominence UW had been down for a while and then USC got sanctioned to hell and back. If you look around to Ohio state and Florida when were they best? When their rivals were down. Even looking back at the pac, UW made a recovery when Oregon and USC were going through CROOT corches and spinning their wheels in the mid 2010s. I think it’s rare to create a powerhouse progrum when there are thriving powerhouses around you. That vacuum being there creates an opportunity that is never there otherwise in terms of talent acquisition and ideally corching advantage.

UCLA has 10+ win expectations out of chip but they haven’t been more than an 8 win/season team for a long time. They need momentum internally like with recruiting and maybe some good hires but also you’ll need the right circumstances around re: rivals. Like a complete implosion at USC.

What’s up with the red zone efficiency? Is Chip calling plays still?

bruin

My theory is that every great PROGRUM is built when their rival - especially their local rival specifically - is down. When Oregon really rose to prominence UW had been down for a while and then USC got sanctioned to hell and back. If you look around to Ohio state and Florida when were they best? When their rivals were down. Even looking back at the pac, UW made a recovery when Oregon and USC were going through CROOT corches and spinning their wheels in the mid 2010s. I think it’s rare to create a powerhouse progrum when there are thriving powerhouses around you. That vacuum being there creates an opportunity that is never there otherwise in terms of talent acquisition and ideally corching advantage.

UCLA has 10+ win expectations out of chip but they haven’t been more than an 8 win/season team for a long time. They need momentum internally like with recruiting and maybe some good hires but also you’ll need the right circumstances around re: rivals. Like a complete implosion at USC.

What’s up with the red zone efficiency? Is Chip calling plays still?

Chip is the play caller.

Mame YO

slings rocks
OSU hires DC Bray as new HC, awful hire imo.

They lose their OC, OL corch to MSU in addition to Smith. Idk what their plan is at this point. The fans are in the denial phase of grief fr doe I saw them talking about announcing their schedule/conference and people were saying SEC lol.