• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Conference Constipation Thread 2.0

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
A few docks down this weekend there were some serious HOKIE fans that were treating the ODU game like the planet would explode if VT didn't win by 60. They are so fucking delusional. Mike Vick was like 25 years ago people

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

nets-fan.gif

Mame YO

slings rocks
Is that a reel rivalry or just a game that’s been played forever? explain it to me like I’m 5. Is there a stupid trophy?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
nobody from north of like Charlotte gives a fuck but it's a big deal in the souf

coogrfan

Although Army & Navy will both be in AAC, annual Army-Navy game will still be played 2nd Saturday in December as non-conference contest. If Army & Navy finish in top 2 in AAC standings, they would play for AAC title 1st weekend in December & also following week in non-conference game.

ice-cube-wait-what.gif

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

I’ve been researching this move since this announcement . This is about the stupidest move that Delaware, as an athletic department, could make for the following reasons:

1) They are now a northern school in a southern conference - hard to win in a lot of spring sports that way

2) They aren’t Jimmy Madison in terms of football. They have no natural recruiting base. Delaware isn’t a recruiting hotbed. They are going to be mid at best.

3). They need to find conference homes for field hockey, men’s soccer, both genders of lacrosse and both gender of swimming.

All of this so their ceiling can be the Frisco Bowl.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I’ve been researching this move since this announcement . This is about the stupidest move that Delaware, as an athletic department, could make for the following reasons:

1) They are now a northern school in a southern conference - hard to win in a lot of spring sports that way

2) They aren’t Jimmy Madison in terms of football. They have no natural recruiting base. Delaware isn’t a recruiting hotbed. They are going to be mid at best.

3). They need to find conference homes for field hockey, men’s soccer, both genders of lacrosse and both gender of swimming.

Ur just mad that they stole Michigan’s helmet design.

But also, seems like a huge waste of money and resources. With the increasing number of FBS schools, the consolidation of conferences, and the implications of NIL, I can’t imagine that the FBS/FCS distinctions will be meaningful beyond the next few years. I really think we’re going to see P5/G5 formally separated before long.

goblue96

Historically, Delaware has always been one of the last schools to “move up” before the NCAA reclassifies everything. They have a few “College Division” National titles before the NCAA moved to three divisions and a Division 2 title before D1 split into 1-A and 1-AA. Now they go to FBS right before the Power 5 completely breaks away.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad

Eh as far as recruiting goes, they have enough talent near them to at least be solid. Even if the Power 4 splits away, it’s probably better for them as a state U to be amongst that second group, then in the third group. MACtion probably would have been a better fit for them.

goblue96

Eh as far as recruiting goes, they have enough talent near them to at least be solid. Even if the Power 4 splits away, it’s probably better for them as a state U to be amongst that second group, then in the third group. MACtion probably would have been a better fit for them.

Back in the late 90s/early 2000s, they had an offer to join the A-10 for everything and turned it down.

Recruiting wise, they are still going to be going after second tier Baltimore-Philly kids while mixing in some central PA and NJ Prep schools. Still going to getting Rutgers, Temple, PSU and Marylands leftovers.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Back in the late 90s/early 2000s, they had an offer to join the A-10 for everything and turned it down.

Recruiting wise, they are still going to be going after second tier Baltimore-Philly kids while mixing in some central PA and NJ Prep schools. Still going to getting Rutgers, Temple, PSU and Marylands leftovers.
I think they could beat out Temple for kids.