• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

College Baseball/Softball Thread

bruin

Looks like the Bruins will play host TTU tonight for a spot in the Super Regional.

Sooners sent the defending National champs home last night. This James Madison story is great.

Discussion here...

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Looks like the Bruins will play host TTU tonight for a spot in the Super Regional.

Sooners sent the defending National champs home last night. This James Madison story is great.

Discussion here...

McLain is really good and had a great game yesterday.

Florida and Miami were jokes in the regional, love the attitude from South Alabama. Hope they can pull it off.

The Vandy/GT game was crazy. I just want to tune in to every game of theirs when Rocker/Leiter are pitching. I don’t understand the idea of taking HS shortstops over these guys in the draft.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
James Madison shouldn't have been unseeded. Hell of a team. Bammer looked unbeatable until last night when Fouts didn't pitch.

OU baseball was a huge disappointment this year. They were really starting to turn it on before the NCAA shut it down last season so I expected more from them.

bruin

Pretty wild now pedestrian FSU looked in the opener against UCLA and since then they’ve been world beaters. Thought watching over the weekend UCLA, OU and Alabama were all better yet here they are.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
The problem with OU is how inconsistent their pitching is. One of the best offenses ever but you never know what you're getting from the circle. May is just a freshman and she looked like it last night. Juarez and Saile have their moments but they're not aces.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
The problem with OU is how inconsistent their pitching is. One of the best offenses ever but you never know what you're getting from the circle. May is just a freshman and she looked like it last night. Juarez and Saile have their moments but they're not aces.

Of course I say Juarez isn’t an ace and then she goes out and throws a couple of beauties in elimination games.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Oklahoma was fun to watch. I hear gasso is a huge cunt, but damn she can coach and recruit. Having a bigger budget than almost every other team doesn't hurt either.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Oklahoma was fun to watch. I hear gasso is a huge cunt, but damn she can coach and recruit. Having a bigger budget than almost every other team doesn't hurt either.

OU's budget can't be that big if they're struggling to fund a softball stadium renovation and expansion. :laughing:

For real, though, the sport has exploded in popularity not just here in :oklahoma:but all over the country. I will admit it is much more entertaining than baseball is most of the time.

Skeeter

Uber felon
It's a great sport. Super fast paced and games are often over in under 2 hours. The more my daughter plays the more interested I've become.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
I still can't believe Mike Candrea retired, but it was going to happen eventually. He can field dominant teams with the best of them but now that there are more dominant teams, it's just difficult for him to steamroll the rest of the country like Arizona used to. I like Caitlin Lowe as the new HC.

As for baseball, this is a great Arizona team to watch. Here's hoping they beat the shit out of Ole Miss.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Oh, a highly touted Arkansas baseball team choked?

CandidCourteousChamois-size_restricted.gif

Wolfman21

Thank God I don't have to hear "Call the Kopps" ever fucking again, lol. Beating him in that final game was....chefs kiss

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Every person in this Mississippi State crowd is white

Wolfman21

getting a perfect game thrown against us would be the perfect NC State way to lose tonight. Can't wait to see the culmination

Wolfman21

or we get a solo shot off of Leiter, our freshman goes 7 shutout innings, we hold them to 2 hits and win 1-0.....just like i said would happen

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
It looks like LSU has hired Arizona’s coach Jay Johnson. Not in my top 3 of hopefuls, but definitely accomplished with a powerful offense this season. @BearDownUofA what are your thoughts on him?

Wolfman21

3 games away from a national championship...the closest any major NC State sports team has been to a national title since 1983...and our two best pitchers and starting 2B apparently won't be able to play moving forward due to some kind of Covid contact tracing issue.

all you can do is laugh

Wolfman21

and just like that, NCAA declares tomorrows game a no-contest and forfeits it for NC State due to "health protocols"...lol. Fuck the NCAA. I've watched my last college sporting event.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
and just like that, NCAA declares tomorrows game a no-contest and forfeits it for NC State due to "health protocols"...lol. Fuck the NCAA. I've watched my last college sporting event.

This cws has been the methiest wonkiest cws I’ve ever had a part in. Hell I declared my fan hood to the Wolfpack for sacking up and playing yesterday. Purely a heartbreaking thing for them. Sorry dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Of course, the bigger issue was whether NC State players were vaccinated since some apparently tested positive for COVID-19. Avent — who said possible positive tests were “personal" — added that it wasn’t his place to tell players to get vaccinated.

“My job is to teach them baseball, make sure they get an education and keep them on the right track forward,” Avent said. “But I don’t try to indoctrinate my kids with my values or my opinions. Obviously, we talk about a lot of things, but these are young men that can make their own decisions. And that’s what they did.”

Hmm. Makes u think

Wolfman21

Makes me respect Avent even more than I did. None of this is about health and safety, it's all vaccine propaganda bullshit. Make sure you get jabbed with an emergency use vaccine so you can join the rest of the walking lab rats! 25 of 27 players are either vaccinated or tested negative...but we cant play? Every player could go out today and buy tickets to the rest of the games and walk in, elbow to elbow, and sit with 20,000 people...and it would be ok. But not ok to stand on a baseball field and throw a ball around? Contact with fans is supposedly prohibited and Kumar rocker was signing autographs for fans down the right field line yesterday. You think he'll be tested? Lol. It's all nonsense, and I'm sure the echo chamber on here will eat this post alive, but I dont give a shit.

Renegade

Charge on!

The allegations made by the NC State Barstool account yesterday that there were no unvaccinated players who tested positive and that the NCAA decided to test the vaccinated players anyway is, unsurprisingly, false.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
It looks like LSU has hired Arizona’s coach Jay Johnson. Not in my top 3 of hopefuls, but definitely accomplished with a powerful offense this season. @BearDownUofA what are your thoughts on him?
He interviewed with them before the CWS. He was set on leaving and it shows in the team's piss-poor performance in their two games.

As for on the field, you better hope that your pitching is damn near perfect because Johnson's entire strategy is offense offense offense.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
He doesn't say anything like that in the interview, at least from the published comments I've read. He even manages to point out that this is the consequences of decisions while absorbing a bunch of the public attention/heat.

I think this whole reaction is stupid. It's a public school, they can't do what Vanderbilt can do as a private university and force kids to get the vaccine.

Anyway, Vandy/MSU is a great matchup and I'm pumped.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Leiter is so good. I can't imagine him sliding to 1-4 like the mocks have. Fastball has so much life, that hook is nasty tonight also.