1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

bruin228's NCAA 14 Dynasty

Discussion in 'Offline Dynasties' started by bruin228, Jul 4, 2017.

1. bruin228

bruin228 Madden Mobile Addict NCAA Moderator

Team:
    LEACH
    Midseason update:

• We're at 4-2 (2-1) with losses on the road to Auburn and FAU.
    • We're 3-0 when we score 40+, 1-2 when we don't (USF managed to shit their pants enough for us to win with 28).
    • Speaking of USF shitting their pants, they entered the season as the only ranked C-USA team and conference favorites, but they're currently 3-3. WKU has filled their spot and is 6-0 and #16. Should be a great matchup at the end of the year if we can both maintain our current success.
    • Stockstill leads the country with 2343 passing yards. Has 19 TDs as well, but 8 INTs is a little too much halfway through the year.
    • The Stockstill-James connection is the best in the country, as James is second in the country with 698 receiving yards.
    • Top 10: OSU, UDub, OU, LSU, FSU, Michigan, Okie St, Clemson, Louisville, PSU. 12 unbeatens left (top 9 + WKU, Mizzou, and Pitt).
    • Justice Hill leads the Heisman race, with Derrius Guice and Tavien Feaster in 2nd and 3rd.

Schauwn and bruin like this.
  2. bruin228

Team:
    LEACH
    Haven't updated this in forever, but I did actually play some games lol. You can check out the stuff on the MTSU page. We went 12-2 and 11-3 in my two years there as "QB corch" and won the conference both years. Stockstill took the UT jerb after the first year, so Justin Fuente was my corch the second year. I left for Texas State for my "first" OC jerb. We got blown the fuck out by FSU in the first game.

Texas State Bobcats

Going to be altering the conferences a little bit in the offseason. Figuring out exactly what I want to do with the Big Ten is the sticky part right now, because it can affect the Big 12 and Big East.

Someone help me out with the Big Ten stuff. Which conference do you prefer? Cross division games are in order (so first team listed in each division play each other, etc.)

North

Wisconsin
    Minnesota
    Iowa
    MSU
    Michigan
    Northwestern

South

Indiana
    Purdue
    Iowa
    PSU
    OSU
    Illinois

East

MSU
    Michigan
    OSU
    PSU
    IU
    Purdue

West

Wisconsin
    Minnesota
    Illinois
    Nebraska
    Iowa
    Northwestern

MSU
    Michigan
    OSU
    Northwestern
    Illinois
    IU
    Purdue
    Wisconsin
    Minnesota

PSU to Big East, Nebraska to Big 12

East

MSU
    Michigan
    OSU
    PSU
    ND
    Northwestern

West

Wisconsin
    Minnesota
    Iowa
    Indiana
    Purdue
    Illinois

Don't really like this one because the divisions don't make geographic sense and that East division is an absolutely absurd murderer's row, but a logical North/South split doesn't work because it fucks up the MSU/ND and/or Michigan/ND rivalries...

I think I prefer the East/West one, because you get all the rivalries that the North/South gives you plus the Nebraska rivalries and the MSU-OSU game, but it does suffer from the same balance issues that that split does in real life and you lose the Wiscy-UM series, which I think is a FUN game (though it gets played a lot more frequently with only 12 conference teams).

The 10 team one is great too, but 10 team conferences tend to get funky in this game and the Big 12 gets awkward because it becomes:

North

Nebraska
    ISU
    KSU
    KU
    Mizzou
    Okie St/OU

South

Okie St/OU
    Texas
    TCU
    TTU
    TAMU
    Baylor

So the :oklahoma:teams get split up and then OU either has to pick between Okie St/Brasky or Okie St/Texas. Without Nebraska, I can add SMU to the South and the North division is just the old Big 8 minus Nebraska and CU.

3. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    The OG one with Penn State to the dumpster Big East is my pick

Rutgers Mike and bruin228 like this.
  4. goblue96

goblue96 Disney and Curling Expert

Team:
    Michigan
    OG

bruin228 likes this.
  5. bruin228

Team:
    LEACH
    Big East/American/Whatever is actually pretty good in that scenario lol. In the old dynasty where I won the title with UConn and then moved to Mizzou, who's in the Big Ten, they have a few teams in the top 10. Tim Beck hasn't run the Huskies into the ground yet.

PSU
    Pitt
    WVU
    Cincy
    Louisville
    Temple
    UConn
    Rutgers
    Cuse
    BC

isn't a bad conference, though PSU usually runs it