• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

bruin228's NCAA 14 Dynasty

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Fuck Cuse

tenor.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
@Wolfman21, how are you inputting stats into Avid? Every time I try to do it, it gives me this dumb "there was a flag on the play" error message and prevents me.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Started Season 2. We're picked to finish 5th, just ahead of Syracuse and Wake Forest. We are way more talented overall this year, coming in at 90 (84 last year). Offense took a huge leap forward from 84 to 95 and defense slightly regressed from 86 to 83, so it should be an interesting year. I predicted 9-4 before I saw the defense; I'll say 8-5 now. Schedule is once again brutal, because #10 ND is coming to Chestnut Hill this year and I replaced SC with a trip to Happy Valley to play #6 Penn State. Also have games against #20 Louisville, #16 Virginia Tech, #24 NC State, and #1 Clemson. Not sure which rivalry game I'm more excited about: the VT game (on Halloween in BLEAKSBURG) or Clemson at home towards the end of the year (I hope they can keep that rating up, because it could be a huge game if I can get to 8-3 or 7-4. They're 99 across the board, so I assume they won't suck).

If we just win the games in which we OUT TALENT the opponent, we're looking at 5-6 with Louisville as a toss up, so hopefully we can punch above our weight again.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Started Season 2. We're picked to finish 5th, just ahead of Syracuse and Wake Forest. We are way more talented overall this year, coming in at 90 (84 last year). Offense took a huge leap forward from 84 to 95 and defense slightly regressed from 86 to 83, so it should be an interesting year. I predicted 9-4 before I saw the defense; I'll say 8-5 now. Schedule is once again brutal, because #10 ND is coming to Chestnut Hill this year and I replaced SC with a trip to Happy Valley to play #6 Penn State. Also have games against #20 Louisville, #16 Virginia Tech, #24 NC State, and #1 Clemson. Not sure which rivalry game I'm more excited about: the VT game (on Halloween in BLEAKSBURG) or Clemson at home towards the end of the year (I hope they can keep that rating up, because it could be a huge game if I can get to 8-3 or 7-4. They're 99 across the board, so I assume they won't suck).

If we just win the games in which we OUT TALENT the opponent, we're looking at 5-6 with Louisville as a toss up, so hopefully we can punch above our weight again.
How is Clemson-BC a rivalry game?
#FuckBC

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well if Ohio-Marshall is a rivalry game then Clemson-BC makes way more sense

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The greatest rivalry around.

First game against Buffalo was interesting; we won 55-36. Obviously, giving up 36 to Buffalo is not ideal, so the defense looks like a huge liability right now. The offense was great, though. 607 yards of offense - 393 rushing, 214 passing. Hilliman ran for 227 and 2 TDs on 7.8 YPC and Wade completed 80% of his passes and ran for 73 and a TD as well. The guy I thought was going to be my #1 target this season caught 8 balls for 112 yards and 2 TDs. We did have two turnovers, but one was a poor speed option read by me and the other was an idiotic ricochet pick where the lineman made an incredible diving interception, so not too upset about Wade's game. I do need to get more receivers involved, though; only four players caught passes: the WR I was talking about, my TE (who was my leading pass catcher last year), my other starting WR (only one catch), and Hilliman. My slot is speedy as hell and had a 43 yard TD run on a motion triple option, but I need to get him involved in the pass game as well.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Job security went from 48% to 100% after that win lol.

A bunch of CROOTS will be attending the first top 25 matchup between BC and ND in probably a million years.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
For whatever reason, Pitt just owns our defense.

3-2 after a 52-31 loss, which is where I thought I'd be, though I would've reversed the PA schools.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
No, that would be the Notre Dame game where I was trailing by 24 going into 4th quarter.

Speaking of letdowns, our offense started slow as hell in every game post-PSU. It didn't matter against UNC, but we trailed 24-7, 21-0, and 17-0 early against ND, Pitt, and Louisville and it cost us all three. We lost to Louisville in triple OT when we couldn't score from the 3 yard line. After that, though, we've turned a corner and actually have a winning streak! Got our revenge for last year by destroying Wake Forest, upset VT on Halloween in BLEAKSBURG, and beat NC State. We've got a road game against a severly underranked #22 FSU (they're 7-2 and upset #1 Miami two weeks ago), but at 6-3, we'll be making a bowl game even if we drop our last three (#22 FSU, #9 Clemson, Cuse).

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Russell Athletic Bowl :Hug:

Belk Bowl :clown:

Finished out the year with 3 straight wins after losing to FSU on a late INT 42-38, upsetting #7 Clemson in the snow, beating Cuse 52-31, and beating North Texas in the bowl game 45-24. Hilliman cracked 2,000 yards rushing and finished 5th in the Heisman. Wade finished with 3,000 yards passing, 1,000 yards rushing, and 42 total TDs. Leading receiver Elijah Robinson had 67 catches for 923 yards and 8 TDs. Huge improvement from last year.

I'm at the Coaching Carousel right now, trying to decide if I want to stay. Here are my options, let me know what you guys think. I'm leaning Rutgers for Mike.

BC (9-4, would need to rehaul to pass first, but should still be decent)
Florida (1-11, new HC and really talented)
UVA (2-10, new HC, pretty talented)
Rutgers (3-9, new HC (RIP Ash), okay talent)
UConn (2-10, new HC, talent sucks but I can play favorites)

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I've actually thought about taking the UF job for a while, but I think I'll wait to take that one if it gets offered to me again. Three years as an OC doesn't seem like a substantial enough resume for me to get hired there in my opinion. They also hired Troy Calhoun from Air Force (who made the title game last year) and I usually try to go places where the fit makes sense. Funnily enough, I would've worked with Ash after all if I had taken that job, because he was hired as the DC there.

I thought about UConn, too, but I'll wait until the HC job opens up there. I don't think it makes much sense for me to make a downward move right now. I gotta strike while I'm a HOT COMMODITY.

And what school makes you think of hot commodity other than Rutgers?

giphy.gif

WELCOME CORCH BRUIN

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Should be an interesting year. We are pretty young at QB and RB, but have a bunch of seniors at WR and on the line. RB talent is not great; we have a good transfer coming in, but for this year, my rotation will be a redshirt sophomore, a true freshman, and a JUCO transfer. My starting TE is also a freshman that I stole from BC. Graduating my top four receivers, so I'll need to address that in recruiting this year. I'm also graduating four of five starters on the line this year. On the other side of the ball, the front seven is pretty good, but the secondary is straight garbage and the DC hire was the DC from a 2-10 Hawaii team, so Rutgers game will either be shootouts or blowouts (at our expense) this year.