• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Bold Predictions for the 2015 season

Brick

It's getting close. Here are a shit-load:
  • Utah will finish 0.500% (trog shoe burning bet @utahguy?)
  • Butch OH BOY THAT MAN IS TURNING THINGS AROUND RIVALZ Jones goes 7-5 or 6-6
  • Dan Mullen jumps ship and takes Iowa job after MSU tanks w/no bowl
  • Related: both Kyle Whittingham and Kirk Ferentz are shit-canned
  • Steve Sarkisian wins 8 games
  • USC wins 8 games
  • A excessive celebration flag is thrown on a white guy from BYU
  • Only two Big Ten teams are ranked after bowl season (MSU and tOSU)
  • TCU loses three games
  • I am admitted to the hospital with a brain aneurysm due to BIG XII SHOULD HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME morons
  • Neither Leonard Fournette nor Ezekiel are Heisman finalists (anyone familiar with how those coaches distribute carries?)
  • Lane Kiffin is hired by some sorry program and ESPN runs a redemption story/has him as the analyst for CFB playoff (hair cut bet @PSUEagle)?
  • Bronco Mendenhall resurrects the BAND OF BROS t-shirt
  • No Pac-12 team in the playoff, but Boise State is finally in
  • Neither Flazzu or Georgia Tech win the ACC
  • FREEKBASS plays at ND halftime show

PSUEagle

• Lane Kiffin is hired by some sorry program and ESPN runs a redemption story/has him as the analyst for CFB playoff (hair cut bet @PSUEagle)?

900x900px-LL-2c2d0bac_peter-griffin-go-on-meme-Imgur-r74t.gif

bruin

- Arizona finishes 4th in the PAC-12 South.
- Notre Dame will finish with one loss (Navy) and that loss will keep them out of the playoff.
- Lee Corso will announce it's his last season on College Gameday.
- UCLA will finish in the top 20 nationally in defense.
- Miami wins the ACC-Coastal.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
  • Michigan beats Ohio State (this is more wishful than bold)
  • Harbaugh punches Dantonio in the face
More to come later. This is just what came to mind right away.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
  • Baylor wins the National Shampship, just like they would have done last year if they were not wrongly left out of the farce of a playoff.
  • Samaje Perine barely cracks 1000 yards.
  • SEC doesn't get a team into the playoff, as their champ will have 2 losses.
  • NC State wins 10 games.
  • Arkansas wins no more than 7 games
  • Week 2 will be a slaughterhouse of upsets. At least 4 of these will happen: FAU over Miami, Utah St over Utah, Houston over Louisville, App St over Klimpson, Vandy over Georgia, Toledo over Arkansas, Nevada over Arizona, Arkansas St over Mizzou, BYU over Boise St.
  • Colorado doesn't finish last in the Pac-12 South.
  • Half the teams in the B1G will have new coaches in 2016.
  • Oklahoma State finishes 3rd in the Big XII.
  • Florida State goes undefeated again, and catches another beatdown in the playoffs.
  • Everett Golson is a Heisman Trophy finalist, and @Irishman has his head asplode.
-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
  • Christian Hackenberg does not die behind his OL, but his numbers regress significantly
  • Colorado decides the Pac 12 South race by upsetting someone in the hunt for the title
  • Stanford struggles to make a bowl
  • Notre Dame barely misses the playoff, but clearly would have made it with Everett Golson
  • Iowa does not fire Ferentz
  • Texas struggles again, and the locals start to turn on Charlie Strong
  • Colorado State is the team with the biggest swing in W/L record in the country - winning only 3 games

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
So? 8-4 probably

If State is State, expect some bullshit losses. If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
  • Christian Hackenberg does not die behind his OL, but his numbers regress significantly.
This is unpossible. In the regular season he had an 8-15 TD/INT ratio, with 54% completion percentage and 217 YPG. LAWD, what would the numbers look like if they "regress significantly?"

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This is unpossible. In the regular season he had an 8-15 TD/INT ratio, with 54% completion percentage and 217 YPG. LAWD, what would the numbers look like if they "regress significantly?"

-YTC

Think Michigan QBs last year. I've seen first hand what happens to a talented QB who is always getting hit behind a terrible OL. It ain't pretty. Take away App State and Miami (not that Miami) from Gardner, he was 5-14 TD/INT.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Think Michigan QBs last year. I've seen first hand what happens to a talented QB who is always getting hit behind a terrible OL. It ain't pretty. Take away App State and Miami (not that Miami) from Gardner, he was 5-14 TD/INT.

Even Gardner put up better numbers than Hackenberg.

And let's be clear, by no means am I insinuating that Hackenberg is going to be great, or even good, this year. I'm just baffled by the thought that his numbers could "regress significantly." That would be all-time terribad.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Even Gardner put up better numbers than Hackenberg.

And let's be clear, by no means am I insinuating that Hackenberg is going to be great, or even good, this year. I'm just baffled by the thought that his numbers could "regress significantly." That would be all-time terribad.

-YTC

Last year, only by completion %. Did you see that 5-14 TD-INT against good teams? Maybe if you add in rushing, except then you'd have to add in Gardner's fumbles.

I get what you're saying. My bold prediction is that Hackenberg regresses to all time terribad behind that OL.

coogrfan

• Baylor wins the National Shampship, just like they would have done last year if they were not wrongly left out of the farce of a playoff.
-YTC

Not happening. BU's craptacular non-conf sched means that they have no margin for error, and since any Briles coached team is a lock to have at least one "WTF?!!" loss per season, the Bears will be on the outside looking in...again.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Alex Collins rushes for 1,500 yards with Jonathan Williams out for the season.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
  • Minnesota beats one of TCU, Ohio St, or Wisconsin
  • Oregon finishes outside the top 10
  • Bama loses 3 games
  • Someone other than OSU wins the B1G title
  • Anu Solomon leads the nation in passing yards
  • Michigan finishes below .500
  • Kirk Ferentz signs an extension (lol jk)

Oh, and
  • Minnesota-Duluth wins the D2 title

Iron

Braxton Miller is non-threat at WR for Ohio State, averages 1-2 receptions a game
Whoever Ohio State plays at QB wins the Heisman
Jacoby Brissett is the September Heisman winner
Oregon starts 3 QBs during the season and is 2-2 entering October
Michigan will be 2-6 entering November
Two SEC schools lose to a crappy November out of conference opponent
Georgia Southern is 9-0 @ UGA late in the season
Houston wins 10 games

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
- Except for Urban's tenure and Whittingham's undefeated season, Utah always loses a game it shouldn't. I predict that this year it will be Washington. (I could see it be Cal).
- BYU will upset Nebraska, Michigan and Missouri but will lose to UCLA and Boise State (which will chap my hide because I CAN'T STAND BSU).
- Virginia beats Virginia Tech for the first time since 2003.
- Baylor beats TCU and wins the Big XII but gets moved out of the playoffs during Conference Championship Week.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Michigan plays Arizona in the Rose Bowl. Arizona wins a DickRod 51-48 special and Ann Arbor implodes on itself.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Ohio St. beats VT eleventy billion to -14
Michigan finishes 6-6 gets a bowl game and the entire state chants WE'RE BACK! in unison.
USC doesn't live up to expectations and UCLA finally wins a pac title.
Some crazy scandal causes the pirate to have to leave WSU mid-season.
Baylor loses a game and their crap-tacular non-con leaves them out again of the playoffs. Briles has an aneurysm and dies at the podium.
SEC gets left out of the playoffs. ESPN implodes.
Notre Dame wins the september championship but ends up losing 3 games and is a footnote.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
- Big 12-2-2+2 champ has 2 losses, not even in the discussion for the playoff
- OU loses 7 games and misses a bowl for the first time since 1998, fanbase destroys Bobby STOOOOOOOOPS'S Tuscan villa/mansion and fixes his crooked pinky
- Mike STOOOOOOPS goes a whole game without making an ass of himself on the sideline
- Adidas actually puts out a decent-looking uniform

R2D2

- Memphis wins the AAC for the second year in a row with only two losses overall. Justin Fuente thus gets hired elsewhere.
- Georgia Tech wins the ACC Coastal, Florida State wins the Atlantic, and Florida State wins the ACC for the 40th year in a row. Finish the regular season 10-3.
- Both Baylor, and TCU finish 11-1 but Baylor wins the Big 12 and makes the playoffs.
- Ohio State and the devil himself, Urban Meyer, cruise to another Big Ten title, but fail to win the MNC. Michigan wins 8 games in Harbaugh's first year.
- Notre Dame finishes 8-4.
- Boise State wins the Mountain West, and finishes 11-2 in the regular season.
- Stanford wins the Pac-12, makes playoffs. Oregon wins 8 games.
- SEC East is an absolute dumpster fire, Auburn wins the SEC. Nick Saban fails to make the playoffs, fans want him fired because he's not good enough.
- Georgia Southern cruises to a Sun Belt title finishing 10-2.
- Stanford is your new MNC champion. :thumbsup:

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
@Brick

If the Vols go 6-6 or 7-5 I will be very disappoint. I'll bet you some meat that they win 8 at least.

You should hear the hype train going on in Huntsville/Central Tennessee for the Vols. You'd think Josh Dobbs was an eyebrowless Johnny Football.

Seriously, ESPN Huntsville brings up the the Vols "guaranteed" 9 win season every day. I just don't see it.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
My predictions:
  1. Bama goes 10-2 with losses to Georgia & Auburn but manages to get to Atlanta because the West has another down year at QB.
  2. Auburn's Jeremy Johnson lives up to the hype until October, and the Barners lose 4 straight (@Arkansas, Ole Miss, @Daddy, & Georgia).
  3. Georgia makes the playoff after slamming Bama in the Atlanta rematch.
  4. Arkansas finishes 2nd in the SEC West @NavyHog
  5. Vernon Adams gets the starting job at Oregon, but the Ducks fall flat against USC & Stanford.
  6. Big Game Bob falls into the playoff by losing to Baylor, beating TCU, and then watching both teams spontaneously combust due to a lack of defense.
  7. Dabo finally puts all the pieces together, survives the ACC, and plays in what would be an interesting Georgia/Clemson matchup. Winner of that games wins the title in an upset vs. OSU.
Playoff:
  1. THE Ohio State
  2. Georgia
  3. Clemson
  4. Oklahoma

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Nothing is guaranteed, but they have more talent than they have had in about 7 years. It's young talent, but still. The East is pretty weak. Looking at their schedule they have 5 guaranteed wins. I'm just not that much of a pessimist that I think they will lose to everyone else. They need 8 wins at least or like I said, I will be very disappoint.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Oh god, they're trying to get DeBord to run a spread offense? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Although, his version of the "spread" worked well enough to beat a Tim Tebow-led Florida team in a bowl game.

Lightningwar

Administrator
1. Dalvin Cook beats the charges. Still sits out easy games as punishment. Then goes on to rush for 1000 yards.
2. Clemson beats FSU but FSU plays for an ACC championship
3. NDSU wins 5th straight national championship
4. SEC is a shitshow this year. 2 loss conference winner doesnt make it over 1 loss Big 12 and ACC team.

Playoff
1. tOSU
2. UCLA
3. TCU
4. GT

Paul Finebaum and his listeners animation as 2 loss SEC winner comes in 5th place.

3BC7F6559A807D9BE92FA577A328C83D47D5B9A7

Last edited:

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
- Except for Urban's tenure and Whittingham's undefeated season, Utah always loses a game it shouldn't. I predict that this year it will be Washington. (I could see it be Cal).
- BYU will upset Nebraska, Michigan and Missouri but will lose to UCLA and Boise State (which will chap my hide because I CAN'T STAND BSU).
- Virginia beats Virginia Tech for the first time since 2003.
- Baylor beats TCU and wins the Big XII but gets moved out of the playoffs during Conference Championship Week.

I'm going to add that USC ends the year in 5th place in the PAC-12 South