• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown about Uniforms - don we now our ghey apparel

mcnoles

Tonight against ND.

B1YwoOJCMAE3VaB.jpg:large

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Agreed on Navy. The school wants to keep its tradition and keep it interesting at the same time. Model school for uniforms.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
What's up with the Max Headroom background?

Oh, and I agree with BD that they're :turrible:

Ole Miss needs to come out with an even worse ensemble to hold Mississippi's place at the bottom of all things measured in America

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Mississippi State would have been better off making their uniform out of that background pattern. It would still be hideous but at least there would be some camouflage and deception.

bruin

Looks like Stanford.

Not bad. White helmets are the new thing. But if Washington breaks out the white helmets on Saturday I'll be sad.

Wooly

UCLA already did it, it sucked balls

Several teams have done something similar, but they almost always go with too dark a grey, and they tend to have all those different design elements. I amt talking light grey everywhere, with no trim, just a different colored name and number, and a grey helmet with just a simple stripe or numbers on the side. That would look great. I think Citadel used to do something very close, with baby blue for the numbers and helmet stripe.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Agreed, and it totally works with their mascot. I wish they would wear that every road game. "Battle Grays" sounds awesome.

FWIW I once had a Create-A-Team school in NCAA 2004 I called the Confederate University Generals. I tried to make the uniform as close to a confederate officer's uniform as possible (minus the bullet holes in the back) with Gray pants and jersey, yellow stripes and yellow numbers with white outlines. It actually looked pretty good.

Kinda surprised the Oakland Raiders, for one, don't go with a gray alternate with black numbers once in a while.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I'm pretty sure BYU wearing all black is specifically mentioned as a sin in the Book of Mormon yet here they are doing it anyway.

BYU is one of those schools that has a perfect primary home uniform and an even better throwback home uniform, why go alternate and ruin it?