• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown About...Rose Bowl #0

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
What the hell are they doing hahahahaha

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Spike it on 4th. Can't risk the clock maybe running

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
There's a good chance they might have done it had they completed the pass short of the 1st down.

Lol these refs though. Another phantom timeout.

kingssc

Plus the play Kella linked to earlier, plus they let OSU kick a 48 yard FG even though the play clock was at zero for 3 seconds.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
"If one team has momentum, I have to think it's the home team that has scored 17 unanswered to force overtime with a ranked rival..."

ORLY

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I think Doritos had some promotion where if you ate enough chips you got to be a big 10 ref for a day

Renegade

Charge on!
Did not understand Spurrier not kicking the FG on 4-14 with 4 minutes to go down 7. Low percentage play to go for it on 4th and 14, so you're basically asking your defense to make a stop either way. Take the points and be in position to play for the win. Not that it ended up mattering. Also, again, not that it ended up mattering, but clock operator was a huge Auburn homer. Probably cost Carolina 10 seconds on the final drive.

Brick

Msu losing is a given with bama, ole miss, potential sec shampship to go.

I am even thinking flazzu will lose at this point. Just not as skrong den as last year and acc is marginally better.

It's gonna be such a huge mess.

WeglWDE

Did not understand Spurrier not kicking the FG on 4-14 with 4 minutes to go down 7. Low percentage play to go for it on 4th and 14, so you're basically asking your defense to make a stop either way. Take the points and be in position to play for the win. Not that it ended up mattering. Also, again, not that it ended up mattering, but clock operator was a huge Auburn homer. Probably cost Carolina 10 seconds on the final drive.
Well after that PI call on a ball thrown out of bounds, the refs lost all credibility, so c'est la vie.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
That's not a TD. Didn't get the ball inside the pylon. Going to be marked inside the 1, though. They've got 4 chances and a timeout.

mcnoles

This face.

B02ZE5SCYAELiH4.jpg:large

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
UM-SPIKE.gif

Michigan drove a spike into the Michigan State field before the game.

They would have been better off driving it into Brady Hoke. Video and Dantonio's comments found here.

ZeekLTK

I've just seen a few things about that as well. Detroit News, always on the scoop... lol Am laughing at people acting like we needed a reason to go after Michigan.

"They drove a stake in the field, so that's why MSU scored late in the game".

No, we scored late in the game because we're playing fucking Michigan and they can't stop us.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They're saying that because that's what Dantonio said.

"Throwing the stake down in our backyard out here and coming out here like they're all that....We weren't going to cool off of it...It just felt like we needed to put a stake in them at that point. You might as well just come out and say what you're feeling at some point, because I can only be diplomatic for so long. The little brother stuff, all the disrespect, it didn't have to go in that direction. We tried to handle ourselves with composure. That doesn't come from the coach, that comes from the program."

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
That whole thing is so dumb. Yeah, Michigan was stupid to drive the stake into the ground or whatever the fuck that was. But, jesus, Dantonio, have much of an inferiority complex? You're 6-2 against Michigan, they don't disrespect you, you dumbass. People are legitimately talking about wanting him for the next Michigan coach. Is he just trying to motivate his players? I really don't get it.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
My favorite part of stake-gate: Brady Hoke saying he didn't see it, opening the door to the perfect "Oh, Brady Hoke had no idea what was going on on the field again" joke.

I don't mind the inferiority complex, just because it's constantly validated. Michigan is always going to be Michigan, no matter what Michigan State does. Oklahoma is always going to be Oklahoma, no matter how much money T Boone throws at OSU.

If I were an MSU guy, I'd never want the program to lose that chip on its shoulder.