• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw Gon' Look Are you from PD looking for evidence on @brick, sir? The Miami Hurricanes Thread aka Baseless Rumors Corner

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Some truly ridiculous penalties as well. This sport is garbage now, it's basically unwatchable.

Not making excuses, like I said a truly amazing loss by CMR.

CJ_24

Maybe I'm wrong (or possibly Kavanaugh'd), but Rosier reminds me of a less-talented version of Eric Crouch.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Might want to check credentials. 1 point win vs worst FSU team in 40 years that they had no business winning, and 2 straight losses.

Last edited:

CJ_24

I just heard the announcer say that Miami leads the nation in turnovers and tackles for loss. . . . How fuck do they have three losses?!

CJ_24

That's bs. The duke wr engaged in a more egregious push off on the out route on their last drive, and they didn't call it.

CJ_24

Could have called PI on #15 on the last play. Oh well, don't spend the entire second half turning the ball over and the game does not come down to that.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Well the OL is a disaster area (ahem, has been since a certain OL coach was fired), we can't protect the QB, and even when the QB is protected neither one of them consistently makes throws. All anybody has to do is crowd the box, stop the run and get after the QB and our offense falls apart.

I'd like to complain about the inconsistent and often incoherent playcalling, but given the deficiencies up front and at QB I'm not sure what to do. Just go really heavy, run the ball 50 times a game and have a passing game full of tight ends, backs swinging out, and play action bombs I guess.

I think this will get worse before it gets better because I just don't see any path forward on offense. And if the defense starts feeling like they can't give up a single big play without losing the game then eventually that will shred the locker room.

So IDK. It's bad. This looks a lot like the team that finished last season on such a shitty streak.

It wouldn't surprise me if we lost all three games. But GT runs that janky offense and VT is trash so it also wouldn't surprise me if we won them all.

Lightningwar

Administrator
2 weeks in a row the Big 3 florida teams lost. And to add to Maks observations. The thing I noticed about all three schools is how soft they are on the Oline. And in many instances the Dline as well.

GuyIncognito

We're fine on the DL, and Willis is a monster. But we're really in a spot right now where the defense either needs to pitch a shutout, score points itself, or force 5 turnovers or else we can't compete.

GuyIncognito

Well the OL is a disaster area (ahem, has been since a certain OL coach was fired), we can't protect the QB, and even when the QB is protected neither one of them consistently makes throws. All anybody has to do is crowd the box, stop the run and get after the QB and our offense falls apart.

I'd like to complain about the inconsistent and often incoherent playcalling, but given the deficiencies up front and at QB I'm not sure what to do. Just go really heavy, run the ball 50 times a game and have a passing game full of tight ends, backs swinging out, and play action bombs I guess.

I think this will get worse before it gets better because I just don't see any path forward on offense. And if the defense starts feeling like they can't give up a single big play without losing the game then eventually that will shred the locker room.

So IDK. It's bad. This looks a lot like the team that finished last season on such a shitty streak.

It wouldn't surprise me if we lost all three games. But GT runs that janky offense and VT is trash so it also wouldn't surprise me if we won them all.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Clay is smart enough to go and get an OC so no

I don't think that was Clay's doing. I suspect the hiring of Kingsbury was masterminded by Lynn Swann, and Helton is now essentially a puppet. He was "retained" only because his buyout is too expensive and the University has too much else on its plate.