• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Are you cheating at simulation baseball?

Are you cheating?

• I only check the editor tab with my O powers to check true ratings occasionally

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
We running holograms these days...

giphy.gif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I think IFA/Discoveries are completely fucking broken no matter how this slices up @Mr. Radpants - If I genuinely am the first in the league to successfully exploit it then colour me surprised at the lack of ingenuity in our league. However looking at the prize discoveries over the years, and the fact that I've generated a few for myself, I find this extremely difficult to believe.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Mr. Radpants - I also regularly check playoff odds on the statsplus site, and some fucking weird shit is going on. This is a site that literally sims over and over and gives you averages. I ALWAYS defy it. Maybe that's just bad luck, but it does feel that if anyone wanted to fuck it over for shits and giggles, I would obviously be the target.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Well, admitting you're cheating relies on honesty, ergo it's not fucking surprising I'm the only one owning up. @Wolfman21 - I know you absolutely haven't been exploiting anything as it's pretty obvious who has and hasn't.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
@Mr. Radpants - I also regularly check playoff odds on the statsplus site, and some fucking weird shit is going on. This is a site that literally sims over and over and gives you averages. I ALWAYS defy it. Maybe that's just bad luck, but it does feel that if anyone wanted to fuck it over for shits and giggles, I would obviously be the target.
Well is it also factoring in all the of deck chair maneuvers I've been doing since that Sosa trade?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Well is it also factoring in all the of deck chair maneuvers I've been doing since that Sosa trade?

Neither Tony or I touched our teams since the massive swing. I said before I wasn't sure what went on in World League. Helsingborg seems to have defied odds, and False Bay seems to be the one to suffer as a result. I don't know what changes were made to those teams. If not a lot changed, it's been a crap shoot swing in both divisions. I'm sure Karl didn't do anything, but it is weird af.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I'll put it in caps for you.

MAKE A POST WITH YOUR CLAIMS. LAY THE WHOLE THING OUT. STOP PIECEMEALING THIS AND LAY FULL BORE IF YOU BELIEVE THESE CLAIMS

Wolfman21

helsingborg just makes me laugh. My favorite team of the season. Possibly the worst offense in a contending team in the history of the WBL. -31 run differential and they sit here 5 games over .500 in 3rd place in the WL.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'll put it in caps for you.

MAKE A POST WITH YOUR CLAIMS. LAY THE WHOLE THING OUT. STOP PIECEMEALING THIS AND LAY FULL BORE IF YOU BELIEVE THESE CLAIMS

I already admitted that I don't think Karl did anything, but that's the boring answer, so I will just say this - KARL WAS THE ONE WHO DID ALL THIS.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
helsingborg just makes me laugh. My favorite team of the season. Possibly the worst offense in a contending team in the history of the WBL. -31 run differential and they sit here 5 games over .500 in 3rd place in the WL.
Maybe a 6 man is the right call over the 4. Say it ain't so @ZackMills

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Yes, I have cheat codes.

I make sure to give all of my pitching prospects devastating injuries to throw everyone off the scent.

Just like the Dsiders losing seats in the house and not winning the Senate just so they could fraudulently elect Joe Biden for President.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Actually cereal: anyone remember the old NCAA games where you had to put X amount of your points to make sure you weren't cheating? Or something where you could go on probation? I don't remember 100%.

I would love a feature in OOTP where you could give guys RoiDz/HGH/whatever and their chances of getting those PED suspensions go way up but they also perform better. READ THIS @MOBILEDEVS

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
It wasn't Trukz, but the football portal (can't think of the name off top head) where we all created a character had something similar I wanna say. Would be a fun feature. Esp. after the Cano news.

giphy.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Neither Tony or I touched our teams since the massive swing. I said before I wasn't sure what went on in World League. Helsingborg seems to have defied odds, and False Bay seems to be the one to suffer as a result. I don't know what changes were made to those teams. If not a lot changed, it's been a crap shoot swing in both divisions. I'm sure Karl didn't do anything, but it is weird af.
What are these 5000 simulations. Give me details?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We can’t score, but up until recently our defense and pitching was best in the league by a long shot. We suffered a good number of injuries though. We seemingly scratch out wins or get shut out. Our Pythag was never going to be good. Honestly though I’m waiting for my offense to wake up. Nuh, Pedro and Torkels shouldn’t be this bad. Pedro was hurt my the year, but he is a 35 HR player. My 35HR DH also was doing so bad I sent him to AAA.

Ultimately I credit dat Swede chemistry! 50%+ Swedes pretty much all year.

Wolfman21

We can’t score, but up until recently our defense and pitching was best in the league by a long shot. We suffered a good number of injuries though. We seemingly scratch out wins or get shut out. Our Pythag was never going to be good. Honestly though I’m waiting for my offense to wake up. Nuh, Pedro and Torkels shouldn’t be this bad. Pedro was hurt my the year, but he is a 35 HR player. My 35HR DH also was doing so bad I sent him to AAA.

Ultimately I credit dat Swede chemistry! 50%+ Swedes pretty much all year.

Its like an ARPG set bonus. 3 Swedes = +5 wins, 4 Swedes = +8 wins, 5+ Swedes = +10 wins

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Maybe a 6 man is the right call over the 4. Say it ain't so @ZackMills
Borg has ran a 6 man rotation off and on throughout history. It’s basically how I tried to protect fragile pitchers vs pitch counts. I give starters a long leash to pitch deep into games too and then try to rely on just a couple great RP. I don’t know if it works. The exception were the peak Andy Cross years where I would legit move my rotation around each week to give him as many starts as possible. That guy was a monster.

doh

You got swept by Sol, lost 2 of 3 to Kabul and went 1-5 last week / Tony went 4-2 including winning 2 of 3 against the first place team?

Last week was huge for your team. Could bring Kabul back down, and you HAVE to win at least 2 in that series vs. Sol-- you came up with zero. Also Tony getting 2 against Moscow was not a predicted outcome.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You got swept by Sol, lost 2 of 3 to Kabul and went 1-5 last week / Tony went 4-2 including winning 2 of 3 against the first place team?

Last week was huge for your team. Could bring Kabul back down, and you HAVE to win at least 2 in that series vs. Sol-- you came up with zero. Also Tony getting 2 against Moscow was not a predicted outcome.

I know how it happened, but according to the odds of 5000 sims, it shouldn't have.....

doh

I know how it happened, but according to the odds of 5000 sims, it shouldn't have.....
Sure but it did. Baseball is a random sport short term.

(It'd help too if you had your best RP that I traded you and is on fire pitching in higher leverage situations)

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Sure but it did. Baseball is a random sport short term.

(It'd help too if you had your best RP that I traded you and is on fire pitching in higher leverage situations)

It's not fucking random though is it? It was simmed 5000 times and the odds were extremely thoroughly calculated.