• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2081 DRAFT THREAD

Do You Want a LIVE DRAFT 1st Round in 2081?

• Total voters

Wolfman21

Taking a closer in the first round back then was a joke. Drafts are different now.

I meant IRL. The game doesn’t work that way.

khac kam was the only player selected after Humphrey to have a higher war in their career...and he wasn't any good until he was 29 and won all his wars in like 4 seasons. I'll defend that choice til I die

Wolfman21

I'm not going to do positional rankings because I'm only partially immersed this year, but here is the start of my BIG BOARD. I'll eventually get through 16 players, lol.

1. SP/OF Abdul-Hasib bin Wakil - I have him rated as the #1 SP in the class and he's also one of the top bats who can play a position. He projects as a LF with 50 range/arm and 60 error rating. He has bat ratings of 65/65/55/50/65 and projects at around .840 OPS in the WBL. He's got a DURABLE injury rating, which is what helped move him to the #1 SP slot in my mind, and he has potential of 55/60/65 as a pitcher. Young pitchers typically get a VELO bump which improves their stuff potential, so I think he's gonna project as 60/60/65 in reality. He has 3 good pitches, 75 stamina and 75 defense. I would probably play him as a pitcher instead of in LF, but it would be cool to have a LF backup, I guess. He wants a hefty $7M signing bonus, so you might want to make sure you have the budget before picking him!

2. SP Juan Vargas - A 65/60/60 pitcher with 4 good pitches and 65 stamina, he's the quintessential starting pitcher! The downside is he's fragile and that scares me a lot, since he's gonna have to play for a lot of years in the minors before he reaches the WBL. He also has an INTROVERTED personality. He's probably the most high risk/high reward prospect in the draft.

3. 1B/3B JAKE BARNETT- Jake will be a GREAT 1B and also projects as a GOOD 3B as long as his range doesn't drop. 60 contact and 60 power is always a good combination and he projects to hit over .800 OPS in the WBL

4. TROGBAT (RF) Edgar Rea - STEADY EDDY Rea is the best bat in the draft and projects to hit .900 OPS in the WBL. He doesn't have the range to play any positions at the WBL level, so he's pretty much a DH Only prospect. I think it speaks to the quality of the draft that we have a TROG BAT in the top 5, and he's not as good as last year's dude!

5. SP Vaclav Paauew - VACLAV was drafted with the 1-3 pick two years in a row by Lisbon! He took a year off between drafts and then went and spent 2 years in college, where he played very well. He has less development than you'd typically see from a player coming out of college, but that's because he didn't attend for 4 full years! He has a 60/55/60 pitch rating and 5 pitches with 60 stamina and he's DURABLE! Should be a decent middle of the rotation SP in the WBL

Just noticing...where do you see Abdul-Hasib wants a 7 million signing bonus? Hes only showing 4.8 mil on my sim.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
He's coming up 4.8 for me too. It might be a have/have not thing, where the players know we can't afford them, because the capitalist scum at the top of the league stole all our means of production.... I vote that have nots don't have to pay at all.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
He's coming up 4.8 for me too. It might be a have/have not thing, where the players know we can't afford them, because the capitalist scum at the top of the league stole all our means of production.... I vote that have nots don't have to pay at all.

Speculative Hayvis is wrong.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Osick and I did a comparison back in the day, but that was several versions of the sim ago.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You have less prospects and a smaller budget than a team thats been ownerless for a decade? And you are touting that?

And in playoff contention in mid may?

:england:

I was really referring to last year You go ahead and tank if that's the only way you can get to the playoffs.

Wolfman21

I was really referring to last year You go ahead and tank if that's the only way you can get to the playoffs.

Tank? I signed half my starting lineup from the FA list this last offseason. If I really wanted to tank I would have just stuck with the lineup I was given that got me the 1-1 last season. You don't want this smoke limey

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Tank? I signed half my starting lineup from the FA list this last offseason. If I really wanted to tank I would have just stuck with the lineup I was given that got me the 1-1 last season. You don't want this smoke limey

Ur the boss at the baseball management games. Sorry if I didn't acknowledge ur life achievements hard enough. I am just an Ingerlish idiot who isn't as good at these things.

Wolfman21

Ur the boss at the baseball management games. Sorry if I didn't acknowledge ur life achievements hard enough. I am just an Ingerlish idiot who isn't as good at these things.

GREAT job. You have achieved Step 1 and 2 in the 12 step process of the WBL...admission that you are powerless over your team and that it is unmanageable and then that there is a power greater than yourself that could restore that team. Whenever you would like to move on to step three....which is turning over the power of your team to the great Wolfman....feel free to send me a message.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
GREAT job. You have achieved Step 1 and 2 in the 12 step process of the WBL...admission that you are powerless over your team and that it is unmanageable and then that there is a power greater than yourself that could restore that team. Whenever you would like to move on to step three....which is turning over the power of your team to the great Wolfman....feel free to send me a message.

On an honest note - HELP ME!! I am stuck in a baseball purgatory being invited by some online friends to play a game I know nothing about and can never leave due to low self esteem and a fragile ego.