• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2066-67 Off-Season

Wooly

Looked at halifax last night. Almost all of their prospects have/are panning out. Its amazing the luck
I have had plenty of failures, but I have had plenty of successes too. Some of it is luck, some is my doing too. I have a good development strategy, which is all you can do to optimize the good and bad luck in the game.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
The discoveries are the real mystery, I can't rabble rabble about those because of the luck of the draw!
Any posts on OOTP forums about this vs. amount of money you put into scouting?

I haven't gotten a good "auto IFA" in a while.

Wolfman21

Yeah prospects rarely fail in this game... one of the side effects of no injuries

Lol...sure. Almost all my prospects fail before they even make it out of ifa. If they do make it out of ifa, they usually fail shortly after

Woolys prospects hardly ever fail. Then again, he plays them with 35 year olds in A ball, so maybe thats the key

doh

The guy who got gifted a great team/auto IFAs to win his ship is now complaining? Very unfair!

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Again? Didn't you change to mimic the dyson-sphere in NDR few seasons ago? :laughing:

It's been five seasons since the last move. We're going straight defense for the next five seasons during our rebuild.

The discoveries are the real mystery, I can't rabble rabble about those because of the luck of the draw!

My last scout found a couple of guys (like my #5 starter this season) but the new guy hasn't found shit even with max scouting budget.

Lol...sure. Almost all my prospects fail before they even make it out of ifa. If they do make it out of ifa, they usually fail shortly after

Woolys prospects hardly ever fail. Then again, he plays them with 35 year olds in A ball, so maybe thats the key

If that shithead does that bullshit again I will legit quit. My A team had a chance to win it all last season but got shut down by his pushing 30 bullpen. That is complete and total bullshit that has been going on for way too fucking long. I'm not fucking around about this either. Clean up ur fucking A and AA assholes.

doh

I significantly increased that and it's about the same
I haven't really read too much into it or had a significant amount in my scouting budget long enough to see if it makes a change. But maybe it doesn't matter.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I went from minimum amount IIRC to now the max, and also increased my % allocated specifically on that and they're still shit. I do think they're slightly better overall, but it still comes down to

Players with a snowball's chance in hell of making it to the show
Max budget - 0
Previous 10 years of minimum - 0

Wolfman21

The guy who got gifted a great team/auto IFAs to win his ship is now complaining? Very unfair!

Lol. Miguel chavez was already in my minors when i joined and the only prospect worth a shit i had. I drafted geeves and then i got lucky one time in 30 seasons and got perez to spawn for me. So two players won a ship for me? Interesting story.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Lol. Miguel chavez was already in my minors when i joined and the only prospect worth a shit i had. I drafted geeves and then i got lucky one time in 30 seasons and got perez to spawn for me. So two players won a ship for me? Interesting story.

We need more interesting stories. The SL is such a bore now.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
5-2 for Dam already. Good thing I put them at 3rd, at least I'll only be off by two spots compared to everyone else's guesses.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
2t8JJlb.gif

Trim ur minors, @Wooly. 72 in A, 97 in AA and 64 in AAA.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Wooly's key to development is that he keeps an entire league worth of players on each roster and forces them to play an elaborate series of intrasquad seasons within the normal season!

Also, having 4,000 rounds in the draft and then shadow players doesn't help this problem. I been cutting everyone over 25 in my A team for years on this site, and last year I had some mystery 30 year old shadow realmers at the end of the season (note they were not playing and were not good).

Last edited:

Wolfman21

how do I have 5 starters hitting <.235 and my team is 3rd in the SL in batting average?

lol, rough first week for the bats apparently