• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2054 WBL Season Thread

Lloyd Carr

I got to thinking, but is it possible to neutralize the stat-skewing in the minor leagues?

By that, I mean, I know AAA is (or was) skewed towards favoring offense. Can we make that a little more neutral?

I'm just thinking in terms of offense being more apt to advance and reach potential in comparison to pitching with the way the minors are set.

Or does it not matter in terms of player development?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't think it matters. A seems to be more pitcher friendly (probably because all the hitters suck) and AA seems to be pretty neutral. I don't think we are seeing prospects flame out from an offense heavy AAA. Maybe I'll lurk the OOTP forums this weekend though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I got to thinking, but is it possible to neutralize the stat-skewing in the minor leagues?

By that, I mean, I know AAA is (or was) skewed towards favoring offense. Can we make that a little more neutral?

I'm just thinking in terms of offense being more apt to advance and reach potential in comparison to pitching with the way the minors are set.

Or does it not matter in terms of player development?
We can skew it more

Wolfman21

I guess my fans are pissed about flaming out in the first round last year. Sold 1% less season tickets and attendance is projected to be down 12% this season. The only thing that has changed is the loss of Thu...a disliked player not just nationally but locally as well. You would think that would gain me fans...

Wolfman21

hes not good enough for the hall anyways. But yeah, he got an 80 game suspension back when he was in like AA for "Drugs".

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Speaking of HoF credentials, Henny should reach 500 HR and 1500 RBI this year and likely 3000 hits next year. Pretty cool since he has played his whole career while the WBL was active (2039 through now).

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Is tonight Opening Night? If so I'll have to see the results of my Riverboat Captaining tomorrow. The race for the number one pick starts now.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I still don't quite understand spring rosters. Players on my 40 man who don't have option years I now have to waive if they were just up for spring training? AAA roster gonna be a bit slim this first sim, lol.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Anyone on the 40-man has to be optioned down if they're not on the 25-man roster at the start of the year. Doesn't matter if they're in ST or not.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I guess my problem is that the game automatically puts anyone on the 40 man on the ST roster even if I don't want them on the ST roster. It isn't a big deal, as the players are too old for the minors and are more "break in case of emergency" AAAA type replacement starters in case my WBL team has injuries. At the AAA level I just use them to fill gaps on the roster until prospects I care about come up. I'm paying them way too much anyway so anyone claiming them off waivers would benefit me, I just didn't understand it how the system works.

But serious, if anyone needs depth utility infield, please take either Marco Eirosa or Eneas Cezimbra off waivers because I wouldn't be sad to see them play. I just don't have room for them on the 25 man with TAGG holding down the TALISMAN spot. Eirosa would prolly make a serviceable 3B at least.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I still don't quite understand spring rosters. Players on my 40 man who don't have option years I now have to waive if they were just up for spring training? AAA roster gonna be a bit slim this first sim, lol.

I had that happen as well.

Gooksta

simply checking the "lock to current minor league team (prevent ai promotion/demotion). box in the "player strategy" screen will prevent this issue

Gooksta

Clicking through 15 players to do this will surely exceed the standard 5 minutes a day limit.

Also, you quit. Get outta here.
you dont have to do it all in one day.. you can spread them out to keep you under the 5 minutes a day