• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2045 Off-season Thread

Lloyd Carr

I might need to sell DLS back to you, depending on the budget situation at the end of the year.

Interested?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Probably will be moving a SP, and CL Edgardo Garcia will go to the highest bidder.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Are we doing expansion this year? @OU11 @Bdub

Might be nice to dump off high contract guys to them.

Why would anybody want your high contract guys? I still don't understand that, they have absolutely no value to anyone otherwise you'd have sold them already

osick87

Community Liaison
They have the capacity to take on some of the higher priced still somewhat productive guys (DLS comes to mind). Not too many guys value him high because that 18 mil contract is something they can't take on. The new guys could take it on since their payroll would still be like 30 mil with DLS and whatever scrubs they got.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Im not doing expansion until the file works itself out tho, so who knows

Lloyd Carr

Did you try downloading the zip from tghe FAQ thread and replacing the WBL folder? Then redownload the sim file?

doh

Why would anybody want your high contract guys? I still don't understand that, they have absolutely no value to anyone otherwise you'd have sold them already
Beanpole is really my only bad high contract and he's arb eligible. I think someone at the end of the year who only has to eat $4m or whatever of $14m would want him. That's his value.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Did you try downloading the zip from tghe FAQ thread and replacing the WBL folder? Then redownload the sim file?

No, I used the one OU posted yesterday. When I replaced the wbl.lg yesterday it went fine. Today, I do the same and it's Jim time.

Lloyd Carr

Try the FAQ file. The one OU posted yesterday worked for me yesterday, but was borcked again today.

Used the FAQ file today and it worked.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Beanpole is really my only bad high contract and he's arb eligible. I think someone at the end of the year who only has to eat $4m or whatever of $14m would want him. That's his value.

To a contender, new guys don't want beanpole.

doh

They have the capacity to take on some of the higher priced still somewhat productive guys (DLS comes to mind). Not too many guys value him high because that 18 mil contract is something they can't take on. The new guys could take it on since their payroll would still be like 30 mil with DLS and whatever scrubs they got.
Plus people will trade for them at the deadline when DLS is only owed $3m the rest of the year and are desperate for a RF after theirs got a season ending injury.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Because it isnt worth it, unless youre giving them picks to take him of course. You should never get anything from the new teams for beanpole

doh

What's a better way for them to use the tens of millions they'll be under budget?

doh

Ifa.... FA with better targets. Beanpoleis such a bad investment just stop
He's just an example. There are other good players who have bad contracts. And there's a chance they don't get all the FA/IFA's they want. Plus if people attach picks.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He's just an example. There are other good players who have bad contracts. And there's a chance they don't get all the FA/IFA's they want. Plus if people attach picks.
Well they only have 102M so bad contract game is stupid for them

Especially bad contracts in that range

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Good thing this guy is coming

how-about-1.jpg

osick87

Community Liaison
People with MIF needs are going to have to hope they have something internal, somebody doesn't sign a guy to their ARB. Going off the site, the best FAs are going to be Rankin, Ruiz, bin Haddad, Porky and Jaggers

doh

Paauwe isn't a bad option at 2B. I actually think Rivera wouldn't kill you at 2B (if you have a defensive caddy).

Does the website show MLFAs too?

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeah. Hence why I knew Jaggers was a FA. Also looking into your MLFA catcher.