2024: The Offseason Thread

adchester

Naz Reid
"Potential Top 25 Quality" "Nebraska"

giphy.gif

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Fucking hell I want the first one just to troll the stupid fucking always-Chiefers bein' racist and culturally appropratin' in the year 2024. I'm all in on the Illinois Fightin' Kingfishers and will only refer to them as that from now on.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
NEW MINOR LEAGUES

BART SCOTT for BERT to become the Wisconsin Head Corch presented by Culver's

Skeeter

Uber felon
Fucking hell I want the first one just to troll the stupid fucking always-Chiefers bein' racist and culturally appropratin' in the year 2024. I'm all in on the Illinois Fightin' Kingfishers and will only refer to them as that from now on.

Is this real or just typical barstool dumbassery?

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Is this real or just typical barstool dumbassery?
There's been real talk about adding the kingfisher as a macot, but not changing the Illini name, which is I guess *not* Native American and actually doesn't come from the Illiniwek people which has a modest number of descendants living in what's modern day Oklahoma(per Wikipedia).

People have also thrown around Alma Otter, again, purely as a mascot.

Frankly any mascot talk is shouted down by the boomer Illini fans who don't like change or being respectful of cultures and they're just the worst. The fandom is already suffering, and a decent chunk of it thinks some ignoramus cosplaying as a Native American Chief is just the coolest thing ever.

bruin

UCLA currently has the # 25 ranked class according to Rivals. What DeShaun Foster and Co. has done since February is simply remarkable. UCLA has 10 commits, the most at this point of the year since 2015.

bruin

UCLA should never be lower than 25. I could croot there.
This is why this is so refreshing. Chip was a lazy POS. Used “Books and ball” as his motto, when he didn’t get off his ass to CROOT.

UCLA making waves again in SoCal while sprinkling nationally too. Way it was during the golden era. FUN.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
This is why this is so refreshing. Chip was a lazy POS. Used “Books and ball” as his motto, when he didn’t get off his ass to CROOT.

UCLA making waves again in SoCal while sprinkling nationally too. Way it was during the golden era. FUN.
Was Toledo a good CROOTER? I can't remember. He had the best Bruin teams of the last 30 years, but I felt like it was all residue from the Donahue era, a guy who really did churn out NFL caliber players on the reg. Not sure why Neuheisel couldn't replicate the magic he had at UW. It's not like Westwood that much harder to recruit to than Seattle.

bruin

Was Toledo a good CROOTER? I can't remember. He had the best Bruin teams of the last 30 years, but I felt like it was all residue from the Donahue era, a guy who really did churn out NFL caliber players on the reg. Not sure why Neuheisel couldn't replicate the magic he had at UW. It's not like Westwood that much harder to recruit to than Seattle.

Brought it in the # 1 class in the country (DeShaun Foster, Robert Thomas) following the 11-2 Cotton Bowl season with Jr. QB Cade McNown. Once Cade left Toledo crumbled, still crooted top 10-15 classes, but never brought in a QB worthwhile (The JP
losman transfer was his demise.)

Toledo did have his best years with TD’s players. Go figure.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
The ‘07 season with a top 5 Mizzou-KU matchup at Arrowhead still feels like a fever dream. Rutgers (smell da smoke @Rutgers Mike , USF, Boston College !!! We’re all
# 2 that season

It was a crazy season. I bought ticket reserves for LSU in the title game after the win over Florida, then we lost and I bought reserves for Missouri and/or Kansas when they were both top 5, and eventually sold those to cover the original cost of the LSU reserves.

Against all odds it paid off and I was able to buy lower bowl seats at face value for the title game (next to some shellshocked tOSU fans).

Brick

that was my favorite season. it was the peak of all the unique run/pass spread systems before it all became GENERIC SPREAD. kinda funny the title game was two MILK TOAST teams. and a lot of good traditional offenses too.

bruin

Just some other moments off the top of my head from that season.

App State beating Michigan in DA BIG HOUSE.
Stanford 47 point dogs beating SC at the coliseum.
Dennis Dixon’s ACL in Tucson on a Thursday night.
0-5 Notre Dame coming to the Rose Bowl (with myself in attendance :kekleo:) and putting a end to Karl Dorrell’s tenure.

bruin

UCLA has hired Julio Frenk as its new chancellor. He was the president at the University of Miami.