• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Week 3 Thread - My Hero

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
In all seriousness, has anyone ever heard of the "smooth snap rule?" I'm not blaming the refs for the loss, nor saying this play changed the outcome of the game or anything. But I've never heard of this and don't know why this isn't just a fumble. If he'd snapped it over the QB's head, it's a fumble. And rules say if the ball slips out of the center's hands, it's a fumble. Or am I missing something? Just honestly wondering if this is a real rule or just typical PAC10 officiating.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I remember years ago, Brian Griese was taking a under center snap from Olin Kreutz and snapped the ball passed Griese because of "imperfections" in the turf. I think it was a false start instead of a turnover.

Ander1345

UCLA was my hope for UIC getting pumped money for a eventual D1 football program in the middle Chicago after the Bears leave, but if that's their return on it fuuuuuuck.

Ander1345

That's horrible. Can't use the "It's a hundred and twenty degrees" excuse this past weekend. Also can't use the "students aren't in school yet!" excuse. Asian Internationals and nerds don't watch footbaw anyway.

That's honestly kinda unfortunate, cuz there's actually a lot about the nuances of football that aligns with most of the fields they are interested in.

No that's not a race thing. There is a shit ton of work needed to make the game safer in a modern age. Engineering advancements, medical advancements, it goes on.

bruin

That's horrible. Can't use the "It's a hundred and twenty degrees" excuse this past weekend. Also can't use the "students aren't in school yet!" excuse. Asian Internationals and nerds don't watch footbaw anyway.

love TROY, but he should know better that Bel Air, Brentwood, etc would nix the on campus stadium in a heart beat. UCLA led the Pac-12 in attendance as recent as 2014 with a average of 75k. Going back to when my family had season tickets during the DORRELL and Neuheisel eras if the crowd was in the low 40's that was really bad. Never seen this program with such little buzz locally and nationally.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
pipelines to Texas and the east coast like the DONAHUE DAYS:crying:

Should just lock up the IE. That's where all the talent is now. Orange County is Mater Dei and Servite and then just a bunch of magnet schools full of AZN kids.

But really, I am surprised that Juicy is having this bad of an attendance problem. Are the tickets more expensive or something? I have to think that there's at least a little excitement for a team that is doing fairly well. I mean shit - Nebraska has been in the toilet worse than Juicy in the past 20 years but still sells its stadium out.

That's honestly kinda unfortunate, cuz there's actually a lot about the nuances of football that aligns with most of the fields they are interested in.

No that's not a race thing. There is a shit ton of work needed to make the game safer in a modern age. Engineering advancements, medical advancements, it goes on.

Lol. International students don't watch football because its utterly alien to them, as much as Aussie Rules Football is to the typical American.

Nerds don't watch football because they're nerds.

UCLA's student body (as well as USC's) has been shading more and more and more toward those types of students over the past 30 years. There are still plenty of rich, blond white kids from Palisades and Newport and San Clemente, but they're not as dominant in numbers on campus as in previous generations and those are the types of students you see in the stands all shirtless and body-painted in the school colors.