• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Week 1 Thread - Tom Sawyer

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Scott Frost sucks. Where is the simulate button to get this season over with

I'm not trying to be a smart guy but you could look at his time as UCF as a total fluke at this point. His best players were not even recruited by him at UCF and he had a healthy Milton.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Love and life are deep
Maybe as his skies are wide
Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you

Week 1 is here. As we get older, the off-seasons seem longer. It's Labor Day weekend and there are some entertaining matchups Thursday-Monday. Gameday is heading to Pitt on Thursday for a Kickoff Special and will be in Columbus for the top 5 matchup between Notre Dame and Ohio State as well. Should be a great opening weekend. Crank some Rush. We rock on in the free world.

Notable matchups:
West Virginia at #17 Pittsburgh, 4:00 PT - ESPN (Thursday)
Central Michigan at #12 Oklahoma State, 4:00 PT - FS1 (Thursday)
Penn State at Purdue, 5:00 PT - FOX (Thursday)
Colorado State at #8 Michigan, 9:00 AM PT - ABC
Bowling Green at UCLA, 11:30 AM PT - Pac-12 Network
#11 Oregon vs #3 Georgia, 12:30 PT - ABC (Atlanta)
#23 Cincinnati at #19 Arkansas, 12:30 PT - (ESPN)
Rice at #14 Southern California, 3:00 PT - (Pac-12 Network)
#7 Utah at Florida, 4:00 PT (ESPN)
Utah State at #1 Alabama, 4:30 PT (SEC Network)
#5 Notre Dame at #2 Ohio State, 4:30 PT (ABC)
Boise State at Oregon State, 7:30 PT ( ESPN)
Florida State vs LSU, 4:30 PT - (ABC) (Sunday)
#4 Clemson vs Georgia Tech, 5:00 PT (ABC) (Monday)

maxresdefault.jpg

Destin-LaborDay2018.jpg

1190406688.0.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fsaturdayblitz.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F08%2F455373426-louisiana-lafayette-ragin-cajuns-v-ole-miss-rebels.jpg.jpg

X4ZLE3PMYV6FCASIGIMWIQOEVI.jpg

circus30nov1982.jpg

View attachment 25271

Jenny-Taft-At-Her-Job.jpg

Rush for the rest of the season leggo

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
I'm not trying to be a smart guy but you could look at his time as UCF as a total fluke at this point. His best players were not even recruited by him at UCF and he had a healthy Milton.
At this point it's pretty clear he sucks the big one and they are never "going to turn the corner". He definitely is a shitty game manager and gameday coach. The onside kick cost then 7 and so did taking 2 timeouts right before half. They are very good at losing. Exceptional at it.

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Wow, turns out that worrying about the STAR RATING of the CROOTS has nothing to do with how good of a player they are

CandidCourteousChamois-size_restricted.gif

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy

Wow, turns out that worrying about the STAR RATING of the CROOTS has nothing to do with how good of a player they are

CandidCourteousChamois-size_restricted.gif

Stars are also a measure of name recognition.

There's always been super talented under the radar recruits.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon wouldn’t! They can’t, but they wouldn’t!
idk mang 538 has Ore-ah-gone as a top tier candidate for B1G expansion target!

The only question I have for this weekend is this: is Ore-ah-gone HARD NOSED enough to take on da dawgs?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Stars are also a measure of name recognition.

There's always been super talented under the radar recruits.

Also wonder if most of these guys were either late bloomers, or more exactly, were the "proper" age as high school seniors (i.e. 17-18 years old) when a lot of those 5-star rated guys are like 24 years old as high school seniors because their parents held them back from entering kindergarten until they were like 11.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Clemson being less diverse than BYU is pretty shocking lol. I mean one is a public university in the :onlyinthesouth: that's two hours away from Atlanta. The other one is a Mormon school in Utah.

I was curious, so I looked:

KKKlimpson has about 80% YT, BYU is about 81%. Pretty similar demographics except that Klimpson has about 6% black students, while BYU is 5%*

*The 5% is termed "Other" which presumably includes black students, but probably not exclusively blacks.

Economically, they're also similar in about a 85-15% split between "affluent" and "low income."

Huh - attending college is expensive, who knew?

Lightningwar

Administrator
Used to travel to our office in American Fork several times a year and can confirm Utah is as white as the snow in winter. I live in MN and Utah is noticeably more white than here. Their food selection is also lol. I remember the local IT guys raving about this burrito place. We go there and all the flavors were sweet. Like wtf? 25301

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Used to travel to our office in American Fork several times a year and can confirm Utah is as white as the snow in winter. I live in MN and Utah is noticeably more white than here. Their food selection is also lol. I remember the local IT guys raving about this burrito place. We go there and all the flavors were sweet. Like wtf? View attachment 25301

You went to a burrito place in utah? And you were surprised when it sucked?

Skeeter

Uber felon
I was curious, so I looked:

KKKlimpson has about 80% YT, BYU is about 81%. Pretty similar demographics except that Klimpson has about 6% black students, while BYU is 5%*

*The 5% is termed "Other" which presumably includes black students, but probably not exclusively blacks.

Economically, they're also similar in about a 85-15% split between "affluent" and "low income."

Huh - attending college is expensive, who knew?
In the byu rabbit hole I read that the AA population of byu has never been over 1%. Sounds like other is doing some heavy lifting.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
In the byu rabbit hole I read that the AA population of byu has never been over 1%. Sounds like other is doing some heavy lifting.

Looking at the Wikipedia graph again, it was:

White - 81%
Hispanic - 7%
Other - 5%
Foreign National- 3%
Asian - 2%
Pacific Islander - 1%

I'm guessing a big part might possibly be Native American, but I sort of doubt that, too.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I've attended sporting events at BYU my entire life. The only time I ever heard anything racist was my first football game in 1985 and another game in 1993 or 1994. Both times, it was my grandpa. Both times were using the N-word when commenting how many Black people were on the other team (Pitt in '85 and Utah State in '94). I was 9 the first time and think that was the first time I'd ever heard that word. It made me uncomfortable, doe. I knew it was wrong. M'dad told me he always used that word instead of saying Black. I'm not saying there aren't racists who attend BYU sports. I just never heard it any other time and I've been to hundreds of games there.

When I attended BYU from 1994 to 2000 (my mission was from 1995 to 1997), I don't remember interacting with any Black students (I did have a Black boss for a few months on campus). I did have several students in my classes and project groups from the Middle East. And there were a lot of Polynesians there.

The situation this past weekend was from a non-student; I don't think any more is known about him at this time. So I find it funny that it's being portrayed that BYU as a whole is super racist when it was the actions of one person. The concern, to me, is that no one around that person apparently did anything. I don't know anything about the guy, so if he looked like the Hulk or something, I could understand. But go tell security or something. I don't think most students at BYU are racist, but because they don't interact with other races very often they are extremely racially insensitive. They didn't know what to do when this guy was spouting off to the Duke players.

I'm not excusing what happened in any way. It breaks my heart that it happened, especially at a school I loved. But I know the school has a lot of problems. I see progress, but it's slow. I know racism is a problem on a lot of campuses. BYU does get a bit more attention because of the religion supporting it, so that attention is probably fair.

Just wanted to share my experience and thoughts. It is a problem at BYU, but it's not as widespread as you might think and I agree that the white students need to be taught how to recognize and react to racism, especially since so many of the parents are probably Fox-watchers and Trump-lovers who say "ALL Lives Matter." I don't know how the University does that, but I think the school leadership and the Church leadership need to be the ones to bring it up when they can.

Last edited: