• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Corches' Terrible HaSHtaGS Thread

Mame YO

slings rocks
So Wilcox was a candidate because of pressure from former players and probably boosters. Lol. That just makes me even more convinced that they dodged a bullet.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
You talking to sec, son. 30 years lol. Sec progrums have jock straps older than that. Dan fouts is all I know. My favorite duck of all time is Reuben Droughns though.

Brick

florida/spurrier FUN + oklahoma's shampship with that LEACH/MANGINO offense was the birth of modern FOOTBAW. everything before then is kind of a different sport. just go watch a mid 90s game. it awful.

bruin

Who was that little fucker at RB OU had with Heupel? Griffin…Mangino spread that shit.

Worst BCS title game ever tho besides Alabama-LSU game of the century part dos, 13-2? Lol

Btw, Oregon 1 playoff appearance + BCS title game.

USC 2 BCS title games, no playoff appearances.

Am I really doing this right now? Canzano.head

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I think zero acshually. Fulmer’s downfall started with the choke in the sec shampship game against lsu in 2001. Then after he got fired they’ve been in the wilderness ever since.

What does Tennessee’s sucking have to do with Oregon’s warts?

bruin

What does Tennessee’s sucking have to do with Oregon’s warts?

Eh, just pulling a Canzano noting that Oregon’s last 30 years is pretty impressive from the days of Danny O’Neil (Mater Dei grad which started the west cost train led thanks to Rich Brooks) to what they’ve become.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They’ve won a lot of games for sure but they are like every other school except for about 6 or 7 and they think they are better than they are. Just look at their corching hires. They can’t go pull big boss dick from Norte dame or Oklahoma. Only a handful of schools can do that shit.

People would be happier if they just accepted that. Honestly Tennessee turning bad was really good for me. When I was young and they were raping in the 90s I would get depressed when they would lose. I followed recruiting religiously. It was miserable. I enjoy football so much more now. I still get frustrated watching them. Who wouldn’t with their recent disasters? But it doesn’t affect my moods. And I don’t know a single recruits name and haven’t for a long time.

Brick

They’ve won a lot of games for sure but they are like every other school except for about 6 or 7 and they think they are better than they are.
this just ain't true though.

take tennessee and miami but could put almost any school here short of tOSU/bama/Ou/clemson.

after tennessee finished #4 in 2001 their next highest AP finish #12.

miami's last best season was #5 in 2004. best season since was #11 the next year.

oregon has finished 12 or higher in AP 9 times since 2004. 7 top 10 seasons. four top 5 seasons.

hell they are ranked 14 right now in a relatively disappointing season that would be the best season either tennessee or miami has had for 20 years.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Wat?? Did I say Tennessee was one of them? They aren’t obviously or they wouldnt be hiring fucking Derek Dooley and Jeremy Pruitt.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
forgot lsu/georgia
Yeah no shit. That’s my point. Only about 6 or 7 schools can go out and poach a big name established coach. Other schools and their fans think they can and act stunned when they hire Dan lanning or Derek Dooley. People would be happier if they just accepted that and quit trying to beat the big boys at their own game. Have to do it different.

Brick

corching hires are mostly crapshoots as fun as it is to talk about. ur talking about the perecption of the hires. of course flazzu (taggart) and miami (BUM) are gonna poach from schools like oregon, baylor, okie state, ready2roll etc. that doesn't mean they are good corches. flazzu already found out and miami about to! you would think these big dick programs would good it right at least once a couple decades.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I mean, Oregon should definitely be able to hire someone better than Dan Lanning lol. Duke and Vandy are the programs hiring big schools’ DCs to be their head corch

Brick

I mean, Oregon should definitely be able to hire someone better than Dan Lanning lol. Duke and Vandy are the programs hiring big schools’ DCs to be their head corch
they should. the AD is an idiot who has only gone after CROOTERS. i don't think they could go what USC or LSU is doing, but they could be looking at better coaches.

digs

sun of nothing
corching hires are mostly crapshoots as fun as it is to talk about. ur talking about the perecption of the hires. of course flazzu (taggart) and miami (BUM) are gonna poach from schools like oregon, baylor, okie state, ready2roll etc. that doesn't mean they are good corches. flazzu already found out and miami about to! you would think these big dick programs would good it right at least once a couple decades.
AGREE.

Once Saban retires I don't think we'll see another DYNASTY CORCH again. So much of CFB power structure in the top teams is built around perception and reputation. CROOTING is easy when you're Saban at BAMA and everyone knows BAMA is the best, so BAMA gets the best CROOTs and then BAMA is the best. I think Saban is the best CORCH in CFB for sure, but his reputation snowballs the whole PROGRUM's success. If he were to have an off year or two, we still know he is the best CORCH in the best CONFERENCE, so he hasn't lost a step, the SEC is just a MEAT GRINDER. No one else in the country would get the same leeway.

I think of someone like Bobby Bowden. Great CORCH. But in his heyday at FLAZZU he was one of the few NATL programs that'd get the big TV slots. Nothing was actually special about FLAZZU imo (growing up as a FLAZZU fan in central florida), but they got a bunch of media attention so it was easy for them to get the great CROOTS. If he had an off year or two, he'd get another chance because people still wanted to play for FLAZZU. If Bowden were still in his peak today he'd get fired after the first off year when BOOSTERs get hungry because CUPBOARD BARE

These days the SEC has done such a great job at marketing THEIRSELFS like 'Paw explained -- whether it was true or not at the time that they started telling everyone they were the BESS, they are now the best conference in the general public perception. But the legend of Saban leaves when he retires, and I don't know that there is a single progrum to replace him. Everyone wants to find the next Saban, but I don't think people realize that the most impactful part of Saban is the legend of Saban. With these shorter CORCHING leashes and COMPETE FOR TITLE EVERY YEAR mentality, combined with the generally better parity across teams and a much wider spread media reach for your average team (compared to 30 years ago when you'd only see games on ABC\NBC\CBS, there was no MACTION back then) it really is a crap shoot. If you have a bad few years you're gone. CROOTING is a crap shoot. #1 CROOT class don't mean shit. We're talking about 17-18 year old kids. Some are going to stack 50 pounds of muscle and be fucking beasts, others are going to flame out. You need that legend to get the #1 CROOT class every single year so if half your CROOTS don't pan out you still have a STOCKED CUPBOARD every year

Last edited:

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Hot take/talk radio take alert: It’s fascinating how mediocre Saban was in the NFL. I wonder if they think about that stuff?

Could KLIFF light up Saban regularly with relatively equal professional rosters? Could Andy Reid? McVay?

I think if you put Belichick on the bama sidelines, every game would be 42-0 by halftime. Conversely, Dabo would be a special teams coach in the nfl with his stupid pregame sprint. Look at Urban Meyer, lol. Basic bitch

Reminds me of the difference between tv and film actors from years ago. TV prestige was JV to film’s status.

digs

sun of nothing
yea, its a huge built in recruiting advantage when all the talking heads are saying you're the greatest coach ever on the greatest team ever in the toughest conference ever. It's a huge built in recruiting advantage when your conference gets all the best TV deals and built in promotion. Saban's legend makes Saban the best, which grows Saban's legend. He's definitely a good coach, but whether it is through clever marketing on his part or just riding the zeitgeist he's got a ton of built in advantages in CFB

I think KLIFF is a fucking bum though.

Brick

Hot take/talk radio take alert: It’s fascinating how mediocre Saban was in the NFL. I wonder if they think about that stuff?

Could KLIFF light up Saban regularly with relatively equal professional rosters? Could Andy Reid? McVay?

I think if you put Belichick on the bama sidelines, every game would be 42-0 by halftime. Conversely, Dabo would be a special teams coach in the nfl with his stupid pregame sprint. Look at Urban Meyer, lol. Basic bitch

Reminds me of the difference between tv and film actors from years ago. TV prestige was JV to film’s status.
if they put a whole team of military in NASHNUL they'd never lose a game.

Mame YO

slings rocks

Is it too late for Oregon to get Urban Meyer? Did anyone tell him about the scrip clubs?

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
That is my favorite point of all time. Of all time

Edit, goddamit mame! Lol

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

Eh - I think NASHNUL corches live and die by the players they get. Belichick is obviously a great coach, but would he be if Brady never became a Patriot? Jeff Fisher was WELL RESPECTED when he had Steve McNair and Eddie George, not so much when it was Case Keenum. KLIFF and SLIDER are a match made in heaven rn, but what if KLIFF had to work with Curtis Mayfield's brother instead?

I also think it's funny when a NASHNUL coordinator gets lots of kudos and hype for becoming a college HC, even if there's no way to prove they'd actually be good in college. They get the hype because they coach GR8 players, not because they turned average joes into a machine. Paul Hackett comes to mind, and my greatest fear was that they were going to repeat history with Eric Bieniemy.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I mean, doesn’t Belichick get any credit for helping turn a 6th rounder into the GOAT QB? He also has the #1 seed right now with some pudgy Bammer QB. That’s pretty different than Jeff Fisher who had one or two good years and was always a BUM

digs

sun of nothing
Eh - I think NASHNUL corches live and die by the players they get. Belichick is obviously a great coach, but would he be if Brady never became a Patriot? Jeff Fisher was WELL RESPECTED when he had Steve McNair and Eddie George, not so much when it was Case Keenum. KLIFF and SLIDER are a match made in heaven rn, but what if KLIFF had to work with Curtis Mayfield's brother instead?

I also think it's funny when a NASHNUL coordinator gets lots of kudos and hype for becoming a college HC, even if there's no way to prove they'd actually be good in college. They get the hype because they coach GR8 players, not because they turned average joes into a machine. Paul Hackett comes to mind, and my greatest fear was that they were going to repeat history with Eric Bieniemy.
CUPBOARDS BARE