• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Corches' Terrible HaSHtaGS Thread

Mame YO

slings rocks
I mean, if Lanning can’t CROOT this is going to be a disaster. Since that’s probably the defining factor that got him hired in the first place…

i completely see your viewpoint @Brick and I don’t really want to get trog trapped on this because of the homer instinct. I obviously hope it works out well and I have similar doubts. I guess what I’m saying is that I’m more optimistic that he can croot than I am that Oregon will now have a Georgia-like defensive performance under Lanning.

I’m also fairly worried about the staff he puts together. He isn’t likely to have a ton of connections due to his age and lack of experience so he’ll be either a) pulling Georgia assistants (which I think he should do if he can) or b) hiring dudes based off of a consulting firm’s opinion or whatever. I am assuming that he is flying blind on that front.

Brick

yeah the obsession with CROOTIN at oregon is mind bottling. somehow idiot fans got in their head that oregon wasn't getting enough talent and they could dominate the pac12 or whatever.

oregon had 7 straight 10+ win seasons where they finished in the top 11, 2 national championship appeareances, between 3 corches who HATED CROOTIN. like, what other fucking evidence do you need that you don't need RIVALLZZZ corch to succeed and win championships at oregon.

the overcorrection to HARD NOSE and CROOTIN corches is just fucking baffling. it doesn't make any sense.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I like how every guy whose credentials are solely CROOTIN are all at schools where anyone with five brain cells could get blue chip players to come like Bama, UGA, OSU, etc. You aren’t a LEET CROOTER unless you’re getting five stars to go to WAZZU or BLEAKSBURG or something. If Lanning were really some amazing recruiter outside of UGA, he would’ve gotten a better job than Sam Houston State after being the CROOTIN COORDINATOR at ASU

Also this guy only has coordinating experience at UGA for three years where Kirby Smart runs the defense. HOME RUN HIRE

ZackMills

Have mercy
Also, thank you very much urtopia for being a great audience. I hope you’ll enjoyed it.

seriously though, ma’colleague is wayyyyyyyyy more into recruiting and everything than I am, and I was with him for 3 straight days as this was happening. I couldn’t help but have some fun. Especially because he was MA’SOURCES at me the whole time. I was actually mildly impressed with the PICTURE FRAME GUY calling him out of nowhere to talk about Chip (who legit knows someone who can call an FBS head corch and get a straight answer?) but, yeah.

I’m glad it isn’t Kiffin though!

If it makes you feel better, in a lot of ways you fill the void he left, for me anyway.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I like how every guy whose credentials are solely CROOTIN are all at schools where anyone with five brain cells could get blue chip players to come like Bama, UGA, OSU, etc. You aren’t a LEET CROOTER unless you’re getting five stars to go to WAZZU or BLEAKSBURG or something. If Lanning were really some amazing recruiter outside of UGA, he would’ve gotten a better job than Sam Houston State after being the CROOTIN COORDINATOR at ASU

Also this guy only has coordinating experience at UGA for three years where Kirby Smart runs the defense. HOME RUN HIRE
CROOTIN’ isn’t a lot different than sales. I know that if I was selling something different, that I could sell it because the same principles apply. Having a good product obviously helps with crootin’ in the first place which is obviously ur point - it doesn’t take a great sales guy to sell a top selling product, it doesn’t take a great recruiter to get kids to come to Georgia.

on the other hand, in my industry your reputation is literally the most important factor driving your success personally, regardless of where you go. Not to get into the whole schtick about the TILE INDUSTRY (trollface.gif) but this dude seems well respected among people who really care about recruiting. That’s something to be optimistic about. That’s a deliberative word. I’m not trying to be a homer. Just allowing a little bit of optimism (I am a glass half full kind of guy, after all).

Mame YO

slings rocks
WELL RESPECTED IN THE TILE COMMUNITY
I mean, you kid, but sales reps are coveted. If you have a decade or whatever of experience, you’ve also built a personal brand, and your employer’s competition will seek to poach you. Most of the people who are successful, they’re sales reps who’ve been in the industry for 10-20 years and have probably moved a few times. And everyone knows them. That’s valuable when your entire jerb is bullshitting people (like a recruiter!). Our top rep in the region easily clears 250k+ annually and fits this description exactly. I’ll let this schtick go now instead of polluting this thread but you get the point.

Mame YO

slings rocks
not really trying to get trog trapped here. If you think about it all I’m really saying is that CROOTIN isn’t much different than sales, and in sales reputation matters a lot. Which is my point: in CROOTIN, reputation matters.

and again, I’m not trying to fall into the homer trap I am just asserting my right to be optimistic that it’ll work out since I’m a fan and Oregon football accounts for like 70% of my consumption of the sport.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm sure the 18 year olds are looking up CROOTIN rankings before a corch comes to visit

Mame YO

slings rocks
I would argue the opposite. Those kids are more plugged in than any of us ever were. People 5 years younger than me are fucking social media zombies. They buy into all of this nonsense and they’re more impressionable than basically any other age group at that age.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Nobody is signing with a corch because of his crooter ranking tho. At Georgia all he had to do was show up and take whoever Bama couldn't sign, so his crootin ranking means a whole lot of nothing. He'll actually have to sell now so we'll get to see how good he actually is. Luckily for Oregon they're in a similar situation in the Pac where he mostly will have to just show up unless RILEY goes ham now that ARANDA isn't going to UCLA

Mame YO

slings rocks
Again, I’m just trying to be optimistic. I already said that it’s a huge gamble, and I’m worried about what staff he puts around him. First he needs to take some other georgia assistants. Then he needs to get a good OC. Ideally he’ll be able to deliver on CROOTS.

if these things happen oregon can keep going. If he doesn’t work out it could put Oregon football back into the dark ages. It’s a big gamble.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Unless there is a mass exodus, the cupboard is not bare. If Lanning doesn’t do well, he can’t blame talent. Oregon’s roster is really young and talented if your measuring stick is CROOTIN RANKINGS.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Why would the staff leave KIRBY for DAN? Georgia is 100% a better jerb than Oregon so there's no reason to move laterally. I guess he could take the QB corch and make him OC or something.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Why would the staff leave KIRBY for DAN? Georgia is 100% a better jerb than Oregon so there's no reason to move laterally. I guess he could take the QB corch and make him OC or something.

Man, who wouldn’t want to have UGA’s QB corch run your offense after watching their QB development under KIRBY?

Mame YO

slings rocks
Yeah, for a promotion they would. If he takes an important assistant as DC and assigns them as a position corch and recruiter that’s probably his best bet. There are a couple of dudes who I am too lazy to look up that probably fit this bill.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, for a promotion they would. If he takes an important assistant as DC and assigns them as a position corch and recruiter that’s probably his best bet. There are a couple of dudes who I am too lazy to look up that probably fit this bill.
So don't get an OC from them then, and don't take their secondary corch either. DL or LB corch could work. Other wise get an up and coming OC/DC from a smaller school to make the jump. Oregon isn't a shitty jerb, they don't need to raid the SEC's position corches if they don't want to, but it's also not a good enough jerb to get lateral movement from other blue bloods generally.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Man, who wouldn’t want to have UGA’s QB corch run your offense after watching their QB development under KIRBY?

I’m pretty sure this is exactly what MEL did when he went to LOLORADO and the offense looked terrible. It finally looked good at MSU when a Heisman caliber RB fell into their laps

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I’m pretty sure this is exactly what MEL did when he went to LOLORADO and the offense looked terrible. It finally looked good at MSU when a Heisman caliber RB fell into their laps
A Heisman caliber RB and an intramural quality secondary

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
325 yards, 3 td, 4 players ejected for targeting

HARD

NOSED

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Kinda like the Lanning hire to be honest. Coached D in a tough conference.

Biggest question marks are no HC experience and if you can get good co-ordinators.

There will be some growing pains but I think it'l work out.