• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Corches' Terrible HaSHtaGS Thread

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
No way Miami can compete with Phil Knight on salary.

Losing Lashlee is a kick in the nuts either way. If they're up for firing Manny then why not just promote Lashlee and not have this freshman QB who had a great season have to learn a whole new system?

But if they're gonna hire somebody else, Cristobal is fine. IDK why they didn't do that the last time around. Either the AD finds $100 million in heroin on the side of US-1, we take a huge risk on somebody unproven who will work for cheap, or we go after coaches who will but a premium on being at Miami. Those are the choices, always.

GuyIncognito

It was also amusing being in :oklahoma: over the break when Lincoln absconded to USC, and just hearing the abject betrayal from the OU people.

The juxtaposition is just funny. At OU you're a traitorous coward if you don't make it 6 years. At Miami if you make it 6 years you're one of the all-time longest tenures.

bruin

CristoBUM needed the weekend to think things over is def pointing to HE GONE.

Seriously, Oregon pulling in a Campbell or Mullen would be better for the conference.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
No way Miami can compete with Phil Knight on salary.

Losing Lashlee is a kick in the nuts either way. If they're up for firing Manny then why not just promote Lashlee and not have this freshman QB who had a great season have to learn a whole new system?

But if they're gonna hire somebody else, Cristobal is fine. IDK why they didn't do that the last time around. Either the AD finds $100 million in heroin on the side of US-1, we take a huge risk on somebody unproven who will work for cheap, or we go after coaches who will but a premium on being at Miami. Those are the choices, always.

I like Lashlee but hiring coordinators from failed regimes ain’t it, we’ve tried that a few times already.

They have the money for Mario if Mario wants it.

GuyIncognito

I like Lashlee but hiring coordinators from failed regimes ain’t it, we’ve tried that a few times already.

They have the money for Mario if Mario wants it.
I'm not sure I buy the principle there.

I was really impressed with how the offense developed over the course of the season. Especially with how Lashlee changed the entire philosophy to accommodate TVDs skillset. The OL also got better as the season went on for the first time in ages

GuyIncognito

Also even by Miami administration standards, this strikes me as incredibly Bush league.

Whatever Manny's failings, he stuck up for these assholes when ESPN was dragging the admin through the dirt and now they're putting him in a completely demeaning position of telling the whole world that if he's the coach next year it's only because they couldn't get somebody they wanted more.

He must just love being the coach and this team because I'd like to think I'd tell Frenk to fuck himself

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
ARANDA would be great, especially because he owns LINCOLN, but he’d never go to UCLA when he has a team winning conference titles (that should be in the playoff) and a school that actually cares about football

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm not sure I buy the principle there.

I was really impressed with how the offense developed over the course of the season. Especially with how Lashlee changed the entire philosophy to accommodate TVDs skillset. The OL also got better as the season went on for the first time in ages

So are you going to pay SMU a $4M buyout or whatever for Lashlee? lol

I like Lashlee, but he isn't going to be HC and shouldn't be, so...

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Also even by Miami administration standards, this strikes me as incredibly Bush league.

Whatever Manny's failings, he stuck up for these assholes when ESPN was dragging the admin through the dirt and now they're putting him in a completely demeaning position of telling the whole world that if he's the coach next year it's only because they couldn't get somebody they wanted more.

He must just love being the coach and this team because I'd like to think I'd tell Frenk to fuck himself

There's no AD to fire him or defend him right now.

GuyIncognito

There's no AD to fire him or defend him right now.

That's just more Bush league. They fired the AD a month ago and have apparently just been jerking off since then.

So Manny is still the coach, but presumably can't make any hiring decisions on an OC because the admin is 50/50 going to fire him before next season.

They're making overtures and offers to Cristobal before hiring an AD so that's gonna be pretty fucking awkward if the new big money AD is going to be immediately saddled with a brand new coach he didn't hire.

If they don't land Cristobal then Manny has to find a new OC who would be taking that job knowing full well the guy who hired them is getting fired after a year.

It's a complete shitshow.

And why would any offensive recruit or coach in America look at this situation and decide this is what they want?

My understanding is Cristobal has personal family reasons to move back to Miami, which is just about the only reason anyone should want this job right now

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It's a complete shitshow.

It has been a complete shitshow for years. Every major sport is in the complete tank.

I don't see why we should stress about 3-4 weeks of chaos if they end up landing a solid AD that can modernize athletics at Miami. Overtures to Cristobal is a fair point, get the dang AD in place and let him decide who should be coach.

Zero sympathy for Manny though, he's paid a lot of money to be disrespected when he doesn't win.