• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Gooksta

He’s an incredible intelligent guy that’s done a great job with two historic franchises but let’s not pretend like he took over the Padres and took them to the promise land.
Funny the light the Cubs were viewed in before the WS victory and now. Cubs were viewed as just as big of a joke of a franchise as the alleged padres before the 3 straight nlcs appearances and WS victory.

Bdub

Funny the light the Cubs were viewed in before the WS victory and now. Cubs were viewed as just as big of a joke of a franchise as the alleged padres before the 3 straight nlcs appearances and WS victory.
Come on now, even though they had never won a World Series, they were still more successful than the Padres by a long shot and viewed as such. Even though the Padres have made the World Series twice, they only have 14 winning seasons ever.

Wolfman21

Kapler used 21 pitchers in losing two of the season's first three games.

i wasnt able to watch the game last night and haven't looked into this myself yet...but i ready that Kapler pulled his pitcher without having a reliever warmed up in the pen yet...so the ump gave the pitcher more pitches than the normal warmup pitches which got Snitker hot and ejected. is that correct? That the man pulled his pitcher with no one ready in the pen?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
i wasnt able to watch the game last night and haven't looked into this myself yet...but i ready that Kapler pulled his pitcher without having a reliever warmed up in the pen yet...so the ump gave the pitcher more pitches than the normal warmup pitches which got Snitker hot and ejected. is that correct? That the man pulled his pitcher with no one ready in the pen?

I didn't watch either (Thanks, Michigan basketball!). I read the same thing. Wish there was a game tonight for him to mismanage. I'd watch that on my iPad while Mrs. Goblue and Little Blue watch the women's final.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...orimon-pitchers-vince-velasquez-20180331.html

The comments are Pure Philly.

Gooksta

Come on now, even though they had never won a World Series, they were still more successful than the Padres by a long shot and viewed as such. Even though the Padres have made the World Series twice, they only have 14 winning seasons ever.
Cubs have won world series previous to few yrs ago, unless your talking about the padres in that sentence

Bdub

Yeah that is what happened. Then when he realized that his pitcher wasn't warm he went out on the field and tried to stall. That is when Snitiker got pissed off because of the new pace of play rules you can't do that. To give you an idea of how unprepared the reliever was, even after all of that he only got 6 warmup pitches.
After the game, the ump said he basically had to protect the reliever from getting hurt.

Wolfman21

Yeah that is what happened. Then when he realized that his pitcher wasn't warm he went out on the field and tried to stall. That is when Snitiker got pissed off because of the new pace of play rules you can't do that. To give you an idea of how unprepared the reliever was, even after all of that he only got 6 warmup pitches.
After the game, the ump said he basically had to protect the reliever from getting hurt.

jesus. How the fuck does a guy like that get a job as a major league manager?

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
jesus. How the fuck does a guy like that get a job as a major league manager?
His lone year of minors coaching doesn't look great with a record of 58-81 for the Sawks Single-A affiliate in 07, according to cjones wikipedia. Then he went on to coach Israel for a WBC qualifier in late 2012 and was the Doyers Director of Player Development from 15 and 16. Nearly became the L.A. manager, too, after Mattingley was let go.
So not a sterling track record. But with how baseball is moving more towards analytics, doesn't surprise me the Phillies went to the extreme in this regard.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

Anyone with any sense knew they were tanking to rebuild, just like the Astros did and had had some success prior to that rebuild. The Padres, on the other hand, have been in a constant state of rebuild/“at least we aren’t the Chargers”/“these guys will get us a good Red Sox or Yankees prospect” where coming close to .500 is considered a smashing success for two decades now.

If, and it’s a huge if, all of the talent AJ Preller has managed to obtain over the past five years makes it to the show there might actually be a reason to go to games in Sun Diego after the trade deadline. But hey - at least Hodad’s is finally at Petco and James Shields is gone!

Skeeter

Uber felon
Reds managed a quality fail in getting swept by the nats. Not only did they never lead in any games they were never even tied in any games, managing to give up runs in the top of the first every game and never equalize. In 27 innings they only managed to win 3

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Reds managed a quality fail in getting swept by the nats. Not only did they never lead in any games they were never even tied in any games, managing to give up runs in the top of the first every game and never equalize. In 27 innings they only managed to win 3

They should call up the Nasty Boys.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
but they were tied 0-0 3 time.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
@ewarbs or @doh, what’s the deal with Oakland’s bright green unis? BP? An alternate? Looks good, are they in the rotation? Love the 70s As vibe. Bright yellow too

bruin

This is just wild. Only runs allowed in the series were by Kershaw and Jansen on solo HR’s. In games the Dodgers lost 1-0. There were 4 shutouts in the series.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

This is just wild. Only runs allowed in the series were by Kershaw and Jansen on solo HR’s. In games the Dodgers lost 1-0. There were 4 shutouts in the series.

Crazy the only runs came off the two best pitchers.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Nats bout to beat the Braves by double digits, Braves hung double digits on the Phillies. Nats hanging 20 on the Phils confirmed

Wolfman21

Nats bout to beat the Braves by double digits, Braves hung double digits on the Phillies. Nats hanging 20 on the Phils confirmed

1st inning errors made newcombs debut worse than it shoulda been. Dude prolly isn't a part of the future anyways, but oh well. Good arm, good stuff.......no idea where its going.

Skeeter

Uber felon

Bdub

The best is when they put a huge shift on and then the pitcher throws pitches against the shift. Phillies did that several times against the Braves. Shift everyone towards right field and then throw pitches to the outside on a lefty batter.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|673x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}